Nabii

AFOLCON & The LEGOShow

I was sad that I couldn't make AFOLCON but I'm chuffed that I am going to be able to make it to Monday's show. I'm not looking at any one else's pics just yet so that everything is a surprise, but thanks for all of the pictures - it's great to share for those who can't make it and I'll look forward to reading through them next week. :thumbup:

I'm also getting in on the Flickr thing. There'll be more photos added later and on Monday, and perhaps even some videos.

I saw someone out and about taking photos with silentmode on their jacket and thought the name sounded familair! I didn't know you had a display, I'll have to keep an eye out today.

That was my biggest issue with the show. Everyone should have had big Eurobricks name tags :laugh: But seriously, names on all the displays would be nice. If the person manning it was off getting coffee or whatever you'd have no idea whos work it was.

It's good hearing the grown ups having a good time :thumbup

Heard on the intercom: "Could Nick xxxxx please come to the informationdesk by the LEGO museum, your son is waiting for you."

:laugh:

Back from day two. Kid (4) loved the trains, mindstorm robots and a Dutch turning the lever to make the balls go round thing. Played with Ninjago spinners at the Lego store for ages as well. I see a purchase of those will have to be made in the near future.

Again, such a well organised event. So much to see and do and a great venue meant that despite being really busy it wasn't overly crowded. Everyone seemed to be having such a good time.

Had great fun too! Made it along to the Saturday after show event and enjoyed the talk, sorry we didn't stay longer though, we were both completely tired out and needed to check in at the hotel... i'm not used to so much excitement in one day! :laugh: Hoping to come along next year and join in with AFOLCON though!! :sweet: Thanks for a great day!!

I had a good time too. Lot's of great displays... my favourite was the big Modulars plus Superheroes... I couldn't see a name on it. Anyone know if they are a Eurobricks poster?

Agreed - that was awesome. Especially liked Superman with the bus. :classic:

AFOLCON was brilliant. Great people, amazing seminars, a kilo of LEGO and some awesome displays. What better way to spend a couple of weekdays?

Not long back from The LEGO Show. It took me several hours to dismantle my train station layout last night and pack it carefully in the boot/trunk so that I still had room to bring home the suitcase.

It was a fantastic event - much better than last year. Most of the public seemed happy enough and some kids kept coming back throughout the day looking for another train to be taken out of the station and sent through the tunnel. There seemed to be plenty of things to do with the 'drive your own train' area proving very popular aswell as the bright bricks workshop beside us. The mosaic was great fun and my wife was perfectly happy to do a complete square of lime green. Loved the new Sopworth Camel and Lords of the Rings sets. Now unpacking everything and getting ready for tomorrow's flight.

Edited by Dfenz

Also my girlfriend and I are back at home from a great event !!

We are there with both our lego displays. My girlfriend with her paradisa/friends display and me with my trains and bridge.

Everything was great organized, also my girlfriends gluten diet. Thanks for the people who make that possible !!!

We have meet many other people, having a lot of fun. next year again we can say !!

Warren, Kitty and all the others, thanks for the great week !!

(Mariska and Gerard)

We are there with both our lego displays. My girlfriend with her paradisa/friends display and me with my trains and bridge.

I spoke to another Dutch couple but didn't get to speak to you. That bridge was awesome, especially when the train was going full speed. I saw a photo but wanted to ask you the name of the bridge it was based on.

Either way, thanks for sharing your stuff with us. My kid loved the paradisa display as well.

Everything was great organized, also my girlfriends gluten diet. Thanks for the people who make that possible !!!

We have meet many other people, having a lot of fun. next year again we can say !!

(Mariska and Gerard)

They were amazing displays and you put a lot of time into setting them up which was well worth it.

Seconded to Warren & Kitty - a seamless event, or so it seemed to us anyway!!

(Mariska and Gerard)

My dad liked your train layout,I also liked your wife's paradisa.:sweet:

Thanks for the responses :).

Here are a few photo's from my side, sorry the most are from my one lay-out.

I haven't see everything because it was zo busy on my lay-out (driving my trains was a full-time work)

Legoshow 2012

Video's will come later :classic:

Here's my video of The LEGO Show, in my brand new YouTube channel. Enjoy.

Here is the only video i found that had a shot of my table (6.53),mayby this is telling me something about my display............:laugh:

Here is the only video i found that had a shot of my table (6.53),mayby this is telling me something about my display............:laugh:

I did have some footage of your vehicle, I just struggled to fit things in with my video. I guess I fell into that trap!

Edited by SilentMode

I did have some footage of your vehicle, I just struggled to fit things in with my video. I guess I fell into that trap!

Fancy making another one.............:blush:

Fancy making another one.............:blush:

As soon as the current one finishes rendering (if ever).

Thanks for the responses :).

Here are a few photo's from my side, sorry the most are from my one lay-out.

I haven't see everything because it was zo busy on my lay-out (driving my trains was a full-time work)

Legoshow 2012

Video's will come later :classic:

finally found u....lol

I'm Caleb

Nice pic btw....hope to see your trains again soon!