kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

at korea air on tomorrow the hero factory breakout episode.

but my home is not air the nick. so i must video on demand service at tooniebus(Korea animation channel) web site.

i expectation Greg Farshtey's first hero factory story.

Because then Bulk would be lonely and sad and depressed and stuff for having the same torso as Splitface (which by now everyone has like 700 of)

You know, I never realized that until you pointed it out. Damn! I was happy thinking all the summer Heroes had new/recoloured torsos! On the other hand, it just goes to show how well the printing helps in distinguishing the characters. Lego really did a good job on this aspect.

A little too much gunmetal. Like I said, he looks like a silver-skinned guy in a suit of gunmetal. Given the fact that Lego recoloured Stringer's launcher silver, I can't see why they didn't use the same piece in Bulk, at the very least.

He could do with a bit more silver, but I was talking about his torso. I'm fine with it being gunmetal; I don't really care that it's been used on Splitface before, it complements him well, unlike Nex's white one.

I've decided to rethink some of my views on these sets, because some of them are really growing on me. I mean, this is a great wave overall. :classic:

Nex - I've thought about this set some more, and the color scheme looks better each time I look at it. I think all of the negativity toward it made me want to dislike it as well. The only thing I dislike is his weapon, which is really pathetic.

Voltix - Ew. Jumbled colors. His color scheme of purple, red, and gunmetal looks nice, but they just had to throw in those tubes with the blue in the middle and a huge yellow tentacle. Not that the set can't be modified, but it is official and should be coordinated a little better. For some reason, I thought Voltix was a titan (It's only a $12.99 set) for the longest period of time. He might just be worth buying due to the new electric piece. <3

Speeda Demon - Contrary to some of your beliefs, I think the color combination in this set is quite nice. Purple is a very rare color for HF, gold is slightly less of a rarity (Even Rocka XL didn't include much of it) and lime is just a nice color. The bike is also a nice feature.

Stormer - A new titan build. <3 Several new pieces. Joyous days. <3

Core Hunter - Black is very generic... :sceptic: ...HOWEVER, this set is a must buy. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw clear pictures. :tongue:

XT4 - Parts pack. :tongue: The new torso piece is a must-need, though.

Stringer - The recolor is wonderful. Digging that trans. blue chest piece. <3

Bulk - Okay, I suppose. The gunmetal is in abundance. Once again, easy to modify.

Also, I'd like to bring something else up. In a video I saw for the Breakout game, it showed Stormer in his 2.0 form. I haven't completed all of the levels or tried any of the codes yet, so I'm not sure if this is already in the game, or if it will be an update... Anyone know?

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

Speeda Demon - Contrary to some of your beliefs, I think the color combination in this set is quite nice. Purple is a very rare color for HF, gold is slightly less of a rarity (Even Rocka XL didn't include much of it) and lime is just a nice color. The bike is also a nice feature, too.
Exactly, the color scheme is there to pander to us. "So you like purple, lime and gold? HAVE THIS!". But the combination of these rare colors looks so messy to me. I think purple needs a generic color to balance it. It works great with black and some HALO megablocks tank seem to suggest me purple would look good with bley, stone or silver. But only lime and gold can be a worse combination than purple and lime... Edited by vexorian

Exactly, the color scheme is there to pander to us. "So you like purple, lime and gold? HAVE THIS!". But the combination of these rare colors looks so messy to me. I think purple needs a generic color to balance it. It works great with black and some HALO megablocks tank seem to suggest me purple would look good with bley, stone or silver. But only lime and gold can be a worse combination than purple and lime...

Lime and gold has historically bugged me, but I think Speeda Demon pulls it off well by keeping the gold to a minimum. Purple and lime is always awesome, at least with the current purple color (Medium Lilac).

And I love Nex's color scheme. It's so very Mars Mission. Aanchir, you were at Toy Fair. Can you enlighten us all about what Nex's torso pattern is supposed to resemble?

Lime and gold has historically bugged me, but I think Speeda Demon pulls it off well by keeping the gold to a minimum. Purple and lime is always awesome, at least with the current purple color (Medium Lilac).

And I love Nex's color scheme. It's so very Mars Mission. Aanchir, you were at Toy Fair. Can you enlighten us all about what Nex's torso pattern is supposed to resemble?

I believe it resembles the lines on a computer circuit board. :classic:

Nex is really growing on me while Bulk is starting to look... eh.

I may get Nex instead of Bulk. Besides, I like the shorter version of Heroes than the taller ones.

Kalhiki

Not to be off topic, but I honestly don't understand why Breez was left out of US release. She's still in the Breakout game and has bios on the site, not to mention the set actualy has physical form already (almost akin to Bionicle '05 where sets were released different times i.e. Winter EU = Visorak, Winter US = Hordika). This just baffles me. Was there a part shortage or something?

Not to be off topic, but I honestly don't understand why Breez was left out of US release. She's still in the Breakout game and has bios on the site, not to mention the set actualy has physical form already (almost akin to Bionicle '05 where sets were released different times i.e. Winter EU = Visorak, Winter US = Hordika). This just baffles me. Was there a part shortage or something?

I could of sworn earlier in the topic, it was stated that there was some sort of quality control issue delaying Breez.(Edit: Saw the posts noting the delay, guess I just chalked it up to a QC issue.) That said, she (and Thornaxx) are still getting released, They've just been delayed till August, according to the Toy Fair cards.

Edited by Taaron

Ok, now this is weird:

Guess this is pretty much proof that stringer is meant to be in the winter wave rather than the summer wave (and vice versa for Breez) - or maybe Lego has another reason for doing this? But either way, I'm glad we get to see stringer in action so early (and more scenes with voltix) :laugh:

I wonder why Hong Kong Toysrus has uploaded this, was it a mistake, or did they do it intentionally.

Edited by Nike2032

I'm not entirely sure of the reason, but something to keep in mind is that since the summer sets were first leaked, people have been commenting on how small a wave they are compared to waves in the past (eight sets, as opposed to past Hero Factory waves which had between ten and fifteen sets apiece). Perhaps in the U.S. TLG expects better sales in the summer, and so they wanted to make it the larger of the two waves. Or perhaps the reverse is true, and Breez's release date was pushed earlier in other countries. I think the former is more likely, though, simply because Breez has more design features and parts in common with the early 2012 sets than the mid-2012 sets.

I'm not entirely sure of the reason, but something to keep in mind is that since the summer sets were first leaked, people have been commenting on how small a wave they are compared to waves in the past (eight sets, as opposed to past Hero Factory waves which had between ten and fifteen sets apiece). Perhaps in the U.S. TLG expects better sales in the summer, and so they wanted to make it the larger of the two waves. Or perhaps the reverse is true, and Breez's release date was pushed earlier in other countries. I think the former is more likely, though, simply because Breez has more design features and parts in common with the early 2012 sets than the mid-2012 sets.

I think it's been mentioned before - but could the smaller number of HF sets in 2012 be due to the Superheroes Ultrabuild line taking up more 'slots' for sets built in the 2.0 style?

Cool video. I guess Stringer's weapon being a guitar is basically disconfirmed, but still- like many people said before, its similarity to one just can't be a coincidence, considering the character that wields it.

Voltix was defeated a bit too easily though. I guess this is a shortened version of the fight in order to show off Stringer, since the title is "Stringer" and not "Stringer vs Voltix".

Cool video. I guess Stringer's weapon being a guitar is basically disconfirmed, but still- like many people said before, its similarity to one just can't be a coincidence, considering the character that wields it.

Voltix was defeated a bit too easily though. I guess this is a shortened version of the fight in order to show off Stringer, since the title is "Stringer" and not "Stringer vs Voltix".

By the way, I can't seem to make this out from the Toy Fair pics - but is the BP helmet on Voltix recoloured to gunmetal?

I guess Stringer's weapon being a guitar is basically disconfirmed.[/b][/color]

In fact, I would say exactly the opposite: the way he holds it, mainly on his first appearence, is just how any guitar or bass player holds his instrument.

That was even more condensed that the other vs videos we saw XP. Good to see some high quality stuff, though, and Stringer is definitely holding the weapon like a guitar, even if he doesn't necessarily use it that way. Maybe the description will throw a few bones our way; it is, after all, a "sonic blaster weapon", so maybe the bio on HF.com will flesh it out more.

Yes, it's not the same type of video as the "Rocka vs. Black Phantom" video and others we've seen, but rather the same type of video as the "Rocka Character Spot" and "Black Phantom Character Spot" on the Hero Factory home page (currently the second and third videos listed).

He certainly does hold it like a guitar in the first scene where he's in the Assembly Tower, so I'm guessing that whether or not it functions as a guitar in story, the similarity was intentional and the animators were made aware of this.

I look forward to a proper "Stringer vs. Voltix" video, even though since those are summer releases they might not make one. :sceptic:

Two things from the video:

1) Stop yelling at me, narrator guy.

2) But you can't buy him! (my reaction to the end of the video)

Still cool to see Stringer in action. Love how he holds that gun. Really want the figure now. He's probably going to be one of my first purchases.

Kalhiki

Copied from my post at BZP:

From the Toyfair catalogue (cholie I love youuuuuu)

Nex: "precision laser cutter" and "high impact shoulder armor" are the names of his new weapons/armor. Nothing else new.

XT4: Flees to home planet of "Mechna", four arms, with "razor disc slicers" "two striking blades" and "laser slicer".

Stringer: "suited in advanced amplified armor" (unsure if generic use of "amplified", or specific reference to guitar equipment), sonic speakers, a powerful sonic blaster (also revealed in a short vs video which you guys can see here (last one) if you want).

Core Hunter: Apparently "on the loose" in Makuhero City to "disable as many heroes as possible". Plasma shooter (a terribly generic name for all the guns in this wave; unlikely to be explained why the villains have them, but still), "multivision mask", "razor spike armor", and (you will all love this) "his hero core remover tool". Also, the prelim pic has a string of Hero heads around him, so that's just a fantastic vision altogether.

Stormer XL: Equipped with "some of the most advanced equipment", including a "power sword", plasma blaster, and some "scout drones". The latter sounds like his little wing-jet armor pieces, since he was seen without a particular unit in one of the shots from the breakout movie.

Speeda Demon: Escapes to the ice planet "Kollix IV" on his "nitro rocket motorbike", which apparently features "wing blades" (dunno what those are; the syntax makes it sound like it's still talking about the bike, but it might have switched to describing the set as a whole, in which case, they would be those stubby slicers of arms) "lightning bolt handlebars" (easy to see what those are, but still hilarious to read) "razor wheels" and "nitro exhaust".

Bulk: "Powerful missile launcher", "high-impact shoulder armor" (how very original), and "pinpoint laser targeting".

Voltix: Currently trying to disrupt a power supply (what it's powering, I have no idea) at "Tansari VI energy collection array". Weapons are "ball shooting volt blaster", "dangerous lightning whip", and a "voltage booster switch" (also no idea as to what that represents).

Keep in mind, these went along with preliminary pictures, but it sounds like these are pretty finalized descriptions, especially when they clash with the prelim pictures.

So that cool red city where Bulk and Core Hunter fight is Makuhero City? I thought that was

. Either way, that and Mechna are my favourite backgrounds this year.

I guess XT4 simply is a single bot gone evil, much like the Fire Villains (minus the whole "NEED MORE POWAH" thing).

And I like that this year we're getting many new planets. Makes the HF world feel much bigger and interesting.

Thank you, cholie, and Dorek!

Edited by Shakar

I love you too Dory. c:

I'm in the process of scanning the press guide I got from Toy Fair. It will NOT be published publicly (I don't think that would be legal), but we definitely plan to share more information from it in BS01/HS01's upcoming coverage.

Summer 2012 is looking pretty promising for Hero Factory. I'm quite excited. :3