kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

I don't see how anybody's character has changed. Nex is the tech-head; this is first shown in OoF, and then these traits appear again in SP. Evo is the calm, cool, collected one. In OoF, more than anything else, he is caricature of himself, of his traits. Here, we actually have some dialogue, some insight into his thought processes, and while still in tune with what we were told about him before, it adds depth, reality, to his character. I don't see any resemblance to Nex in that clip, at all.

Where's zen Evo? I liked his ninja ways. Not only did his personality change, but so did his voice. He doesn't have that accent anymore.

Maybe whoever tore his arm off also screwed up his voice (alright, I know this is non-canon. But I'm still going by Evo's arm being torn off).

Speaking of his arm; I really want to paint the gun piece and give it the yellow highlights. It looks sweet in the animation.

This is what I'm talking about. That's what Evo was like in Ordeal of Fire, now, to me, he seems quite adventurous and outgoing, like Nex was in Savage Planet and Ordeal of Fire. To be honest, many of the Heroes share the same qualities, the characters in the series have had an extremely minimal amount of character growth anyway, with the exception of Bulk.

EDIT: Voltix's mask will probably be silver or pearl dark grey. The black one was probably just a place-holder until they could recolour it, or perhaps it was pearl dark grey, and it just looked black due to the bad picture quality. Also, I think Nex and Bulk's chest-plates WON'T change colour. Nex's secondary colour is white, and Stringer's chest-plate is his secondary colour, so why wouldn't it make sense if Nex's was too? Bulk's may look white, but in actuality I think it's silver. The only difference I think the final sets will have is printing, like the 3.0 ID plates.

Edited by Omicron Squad Leader

I'd much rather prefer Stringer with orange as his secondary color. Orange and Black is such a cool color scheme, and to me, nothing says Stringer like those colors. However, the blue does give me a Soundwave vibe which is pretty cool. I guess it'll grow on me.

Kalhiki

Personally I like the black and blue. I'm just a little bit tired of keetorange.

Actually, i'm a bit tired of yellow itself, manly on vllains though

Though i am curious to see whats going on with his weapon. Seems like the ball shooter connected to a 2.0 sheild gun thing, or its just in an awkward pose, and the shield is part of his leg

If it is part of the gun, I think I know whats going on here, his hand is connected to the back of it, so hes holding the entire launcher like a sword

And on a complete sidenote, that Ninjago set Kai's Cycle has the 3.0 blades(ones on rockas paw) in gold :thumbup:

This is what I'm talking about. That's what Evo was like in Ordeal of Fire, now, to me, he seems quite adventurous and outgoing, like Nex was in Savage Planet and Ordeal of Fire. To be honest, many of the Heroes share the same qualities, the characters in the series have had an extremely minimal amount of character growth anyway, with the exception of Bulk.

That just means that OoF failed to develop his character at all. It's fine to be zen, but that's all we saw of him. We saw him meditate, and we saw him shoot things. That for an entire episode (at least, for his own travels and adventures) would be ridiculously boring.

They could've at least kept his accent. I'm fine with him talking and pretty much everything else he did in the clip, but a little consistency with his character between stories would be nice.

Kalhiki

That just means that OoF failed to develop his character at all. It's fine to be zen, but that's all we saw of him. We saw him meditate, and we saw him shoot things. That for an entire episode (at least, for his own travels and adventures) would be ridiculously boring.

So they should've developed the character that was already established, instead of changing his personality completely. (A meditating zen-man and an eccentric, outgoing Hero aren't very similar in my view.) Also, as Kalhiki said, they should've at least kept his accent to make him a bit more consistent.

They could've at least kept his accent. I'm fine with him talking and pretty much everything else he did in the clip, but a little consistency with his character between stories would be nice.

Kalhiki

I didn't like his OoF accent, but I get where that's coming from.

So they should've developed the character that was already established, instead of changing his personality completely. (A meditating zen-man and an eccentric, outgoing Hero aren't very similar in my view.) Also, as Kalhiki said, they should've at least kept his accent to make him a bit more consistent.

The problem is that there's an expectation of consistency when there's nothing to be consistent with. I don't see an eccentric, outgoing Hero, I see a guy on a mission who, faced with adversity, takes the time to think and rationalize his actions, and thereby ensures his own victory. If anything, that's pretty in-tune with what we saw before (if not completely identical to the one-note trope that was given to us on OoF). His character is getting developed, not changed; occasionally subtle difference, but there you have it.

Could someone with Breez take a shot of her with the narrower torso, please?

Here you go. :classic:

dsc07655.jpg

The problem is that there's an expectation of consistency when there's nothing to be consistent with. I don't see an eccentric, outgoing Hero, I see a guy on a mission who, faced with adversity, takes the time to think and rationalize his actions, and thereby ensures his own victory. If anything, that's pretty in-tune with what we saw before (if not completely identical to the one-note trope that was given to us on OoF). His character is getting developed, not changed; occasionally subtle difference, but there you have it.

I don't think the Evo we saw in OoF (that acronym still makes me laugh :tongue:) would have composed himself and formulated a plan in the manor he did in that clip. In my eyes he would've most likely sat down and meditated then prepared himself with some zen-moves like he did when facing Drilldozer, Nitroblast and Fire Lord in OoF, then started his attack. There would have probably been less speaking too. :grin: Also, when watching OoF on YouTube, I noticed that there were many comments along the lines of "OMG, Evo is Asian?!". I can't envision anyone saying that when Breakout is posted on YouTube :tongue:.

As neither of us seem to be convincing each other, maybe we'll have to agree to disagree, at least until the episode's début; we can't really make any final judgement now.

Edited by Omicron Squad Leader

Does anyone know when the breakout/4.0 sets come out in the UK?

On another note, I think the summer sets are very well done. It seems they've generaly brought the villians through some very innovative designs and although some aspects on the heroes are not so appealing (i.e. their colour schemes), these are still early preliminary images (for me, I can't even see what weapons/gear they have) and much can change. For instance, we had witch doctor's staff reduced in length for its final release and in the end, furno 3.0 didn't have those extra armour pieces on his thighs.

I consider that the breakout series (winter & summer wave) is becomming very creative and interesting while maintaining the hero factory feel of dispatcing heroes to fight off bad guys. Prices for the sets are not so good, but I'm all for the new packaging (which imo adds to the "new factor") and figures :laugh: .

Edited by Nike2032

Breez already looks better with those thinner shoulders. hough the giant rounded armor makes it hard to tell a huge difference :laugh:

Want to see Breez's shield. Rocka's looks awesome, and I want to see it in that trans red color.

I'll probably switch torsos with Breez and... Someone else. Unless the original doesn't bother me all that much. Also will place the thigh armor on top of the legs. Just seems like it'd look better.

Kalhiki

Edited by Kalhiki

Breeze looks good actually, but like Furno that white seems out of place.

Yeah, after looking at that picture, the white on Breez doesn't seem to stand out as much as it did on Furno. But that doesn't excuse Lego for putting white on her.

Yeah, after looking at that picture, the white on Breez doesn't seem to stand out as much as it did on Furno. But that doesn't excuse Lego for putting white on her.

I really like the white, myself. It reminds me of this lovely MOC (which ironically managed to predict several aspects of the new Breez including the white Hero Core, 1.0 helmet, and 1.0 feet).

Granted, one thing I very much dislike about the new Breez is that her armor (in most of the pics I've seen) has the two white leg shells at different angles-- I would have had both with the System pin holes facing forward. Additionally, I would probably prefer her without any lower arm cladding, since that way her color layering is slightly more consistent.

In general, Breez is one of my favorite Hero sets from the next wave, but like other people I'm not totally happy with her. My pet peeves just seem to be different than many people's. :sceptic:

Edited by Aanchir

Here you go. :classic:

Minus the colors, one thing I like bout breez is that she is completely armor Hero. Even in the back, I hope Lego is taking notice of adding back armor in the future like how they did for Breez and Rocka

Breez is whack looking with the narrow torso, I think I prefer the normal version better.

Also I notice that a lot of the other Heroes don't use hand joints in their plasma guns/new shooters, they just use y joints. Breez is actually the only one that does. I don't know why XP.

However, Breez still isn't my favorite. I actually like the color layering they did, with the red and white, and it works overall as a set, but just doesn't really have a wow factor.

Still waiting for breez and thornraxx to be available, I wonder why sets have been delayed at different times.

Looking at Breez and Furno side by side, I think the white on Breez complements her very well. On Furno however, due to all the colours already present on his body, it just looks like a mess. I think one of the main problems with some of this year's sets is that the designers have gone overboard on colours; I like sets to have 3 or 4 colours, some of the Breakout models have 7 or 8. This is even more of a problem in the summer wave.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that while (in my opinion) Breez looks better with the narrow shoulders, it lessens the range of motion in that area by a great deal, mainly due to the huge shoulder-pads.

Also, for Kalhiki:

dsc07656.jpg

Witness its beauty. :cry_happy:

That shield is gorgeous. However I feel with that color red, it would work better for a villain. I don't know. I need to see it in person.

Thanks for the picture!

Kalhiki

Breakout sets available on the UK Lego website :laugh: . And just called Bluewater lego store and they said they have loads in stock.

Breez and Thronraxx seem to be missing their pictures though.

Edited by Nike2032

Westfield is open till midnight. HERE I COME HERO FACTORY. :D

Eh hem, sorry.

Haha! Yes, exactly what I would do if I could! :laugh:

I really want rocka since I'm changing his xl form. I dislike both his claw and his stand alone thornnax launcher, so I'm altering his weapon set as well as making his arms have more posibility. Not to mention I can finally build rocka 3.0, since all I'm missing is his feet.

Edited by Nike2032

They're available everywhere else, too. Actually, I checked only Italy, but if they're available in Italy of all places they're surely available everywhere else as well. :laugh: :laugh:

I kinda regret my Ebay purchase (Surge-Rocka-Thornraxx-Breez) now, although half of the sets I bought aren't available yet...still, I probably would have bought two other sets and I would have spent less (the small sets are 8.99 Euro instead of 9.99 this time, which is great!). Even the shipping costs would have been lower. :sceptic:

Anyway, seeing the Winter line on S@H so early? I'd never excepted that- they usually show up not before halfway through January.

Just noticed Thornraxx and Breez are available too, just pictureless...well *self censoring* then.

Edited by Shakar