kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

Well, the blades of his Core Remover Tool are gunmetal too, so it's not a big issue, I think. But yeah, I wouldn't have minded a black plasma gun half, be it bottom or top.

I guess we'll have to wait for 2013 sets for that..that is, if they keep using the new gun, which I strongly hope for- but I'm optimist, since HF doesn't churn out new launcher weapons every year like BIONICLE did (thank God).

CH's biggest aestetichs problems, IMO, are the out of place spikes/fins on the weapons and that awfully short left arm. I'm thinking of making the Core Remover a wrist mounted weapon, like on Nex 3.0.

I see there's a bit of mixed posting here, both about the series and the film/movie. Since the latter has its own topic, please try to limit this to the toy series itself, in order to keep the discussions more easy to follow. Thank you. :classic:

I hope we will see gold and purple blaster parts soon. And of course a purple headpiece, since the last one was from 2001!

I hope we will see gold and purple blaster parts soon. And of course a purple headpiece, since the last one was from 2001!

I don't remember a purple headpiece.. unless you're talking about Onepu's mask, then that makes sense.

Purple and gold used together(most likely in a villain set) would be great, wouldn't it? I'd like to see some more of that Green Lantern bright green in action, as well as blue- it's just not used enough on villains, or even with the Heroes, and I'd like to see that happen more.

I actually was talking about purple separately from the gold, but yeah, purple and gold are a great combo, which is why I will have to order two extra purple breakout chestplates and gold "Villain cores" for SD's bike. Blue is really underused in HF, though.

I actually was talking about purple separately from the gold, but yeah, purple and gold are a great combo, which is why I will have to order two extra purple breakout chestplates and gold "Villain cores" for SD's bike. Blue is really underused in HF, though.

Tell me about it...unlike lime green, got too much of the stuff.

Tell me about it...unlike lime green, got too much of the stuff.

Even though lime green is one of my favourite colours, I have to agree on this one. Even the only blue set this year is full of lime green and we have three sets with lime green besides it. :sceptic: I hope this changes next year.

-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

Even though lime green is one of my favourite colours, I have to agree on this one. Even the only blue set this year is full of lime green and we have three sets with lime green besides it. :sceptic: I hope this changes next year.

-Gata signoff.jpg

Better yet, what's wrong with bright green (GL colour)? It just feels like lime-overkill. It would have helped on Speeda Demon in my opinion to give him some originality, but nope. He's lime green, like...Corrodor, Scorpio, Toxic Reapa...

Yeah, I know it's hypocritical due to all the mata red going around, but thats a colour thats been dormant for like 5 years. Maybe I just don't like lime...

Better yet, what's wrong with bright green (GL colour)? It just feels like lime-overkill. It would have helped on Speeda Demon in my opinion to give him some originality, but nope. He's lime green, like...Corrodor, Scorpio, Toxic Reapa...

Yeah, I know it's hypocritical due to all the mata red going around, but thats a colour thats been dormant for like 5 years. Maybe I just don't like lime...

Classic red is used a lot as well, personally I wouldn´t mind seeing more dark red. I agree about the bright green as well, hopefully we´ll see more of it next year. Maybe more azure colours, too.

-Gata signoff.jpg

I never thought that day would've come, but I say we need (along blue, gotta agree on that)..more silver. We got silver cladding in all existing sizes (minus the 2.0 shoulder armour and 6M shells), and 2011 featured a fair amount of it.

By 2012, however, it has become extremely rare- this year, the only sets to feature silver cladding are Jawblade and Furno! Bulk, HF's poster boy for silver, has only the helmet, the hands and the MTIS in his main colour. He has some cool orange and gold accents, and then he is covered in gunmetal.

And speaking of gunmetal, that one has become way overused- the sole 2012 sets to not feature at least one titanium metallic piece are Breez, Furno, Toxic Reapa and Jawblade. Every single summer set has some gunmetal in it- heck, even Stormer (plasma gun) and Stringer (shoulder armour). I love titanium metallic, but this is just ridiculous.

After the last year or so I despise gunmetal. It's hands down the piece I have the most color of in the HF build system, and it completely ruins some of the summer sets color coordination in my eyes (Bulk and Voltix specifically, as well as it's unnecessary use in Stringer).

I honestly simply want more sets per wave, so that we can have a mix of all the colors, while keeping a consistent color scheme. And yes, azure armor would be the best.

After the last year or so I despise gunmetal. It's hands down the piece I have the most color of in the HF build system, and it completely ruins some of the summer sets color coordination in my eyes (Bulk and Voltix specifically, as well as it's unnecessary use in Stringer).

I'd have to agree on it's overuse. It's much like the use of silver in the Bionicle line (Mistika anyone...ugh).

Come to think of it, isn't Surge pretty much the only set to come in blue in the new style?

I think it works just fine on Voltix; it's one of his three main colors along with Bright Red and Medium Lilac. If anything I feel the black feet he and Bulk use does both sets more harm than the gunmetal, since using black for the skeleton hardly justifies using it for the feet when there are already three other colors competing for top spot.

I definitely don't mind the titanium metallic this year too much, but it would be nice to see more shells in silver metallic to balance it out. More blue and bright green would also be appreciated greatly, although I can see why lime tends to be preferred over bright green. Lime just has more of a "high-energy" feel, which suits poisonous characters like Corroder and Toxic Reapa. And since there's already a green Hero, I can see why they wouldn't want a hero set with some other form of green as the primary color.

I think it works just fine on Voltix; it's one of his three main colors along with Bright Red and Medium Lilac. If anything I feel the black feet he and Bulk use does both sets more harm than the gunmetal, since using black for the skeleton hardly justifies using it for the feet when there are already three other colors competing for top spot.

Yeah, I agree with you in that I don't mind its presence. It's the way it's used that bothers me, and the black feet go hand in hand with this. I dislike the fact that both his upper legs and lower legs have gunmetal armor, as well as the black feet. I think he'd look a lot better with The Joker's size 6 purple cladding on his upper legs instead of gunmetal armor, to actually balance out the purple, and then swap his black feet for gunmetal ones.

Amen.

Bulk and Voltix have black feet? Didn't realize that until now! I guess I'll have to order 4 titanium metallic feet off PaB. Too bad, I'm getting an extra Voltix for parts and I wouldn't have minded 2 more feet in that colour since they are quite rare. Now I'll have to buy 4 of them, and they just became even rarer (you can find them only on Breakout Evo and Splitface, as you know).

Wait, Voltix has a black foot on the back right? Scratch that, I may need 5 gunmetal feet instead.

Yeah, I agree with you in that I don't mind its presence. It's the way it's used that bothers me, and the black feet go hand in hand with this. I dislike the fact that both his upper legs and lower legs have gunmetal armor, as well as the black feet. I think he'd look a lot better with The Joker's size 6 purple cladding on his upper legs instead of gunmetal armor, to actually balance out the purple, and then swap his black feet for gunmetal ones.
The 6M shells..that's exactly what I plan to do! And don't forget hands- poor Voltix needs them, I'm thinking in red (though gunmetal hands would probably have been even better).

Gunmetal is becoming pretty over-used, I agree. I hope they don´t overdo it next year. I´d love to see some more silver as well.

-Gata signoff.jpg

Bulk and Voltix have black feet? Didn't realize that until now! I guess I'll have to order 4 titanium metallic feet off PaB. Too bad, I'm getting an extra Voltix for parts and I wouldn't have minded 2 more feet in that colour since they are quite rare. Now I'll have to buy 4 of them, and they just became even rarer (you can find them only on Breakout Evo and Splitface, as you know).

Wait, Voltix has a black foot on the back right? Scratch that, I may need 5 gunmetal feet instead.

The 6M shells..that's exactly what I plan to do! And don't forget hands- poor Voltix needs them, I'm thinking in red (though gunmetal hands would probably have been even better).

I know what you mean. That's kinda disappointing. I was gonna do the same thing with the hands, but I was planning on silver gauntlets.

Silver was also my idea after wtaching the Breakout episode, the problem is that he has no silver at all in his colour scheme.

You remember how we didn´t get the Piraka before April here? :laugh: I´m glad things have changed. :classic:

-Gata signoff.jpg

Oh, actually I didn't, mostly because I didn't start to pay more attention to the worldwide releases of LEGO sets until the release of the second HF-line. I was also not too fond of the Piraka, to be honest (though I got 3 Avaks after they went on sales, and in retrospect, they weren't that bad, actually).

Regarding the colours: I'd like to see more blue too. And azure. Lime is indeed blatantly overused, GL's medium green would be much appreciated. Gunmetal doesn't bother me that much yet, though.

Silver was also my idea after wtaching the Breakout episode, the problem is that he has no silver at all in his colour scheme.

What I'm planning (besides the hands) is to trim the electric accents on his helmet and giving him gunmetal feet. That should help his colour scheme by removing the yellow and the clutter on his face. Besides, it helps the gauntlets stand out and look like...gauntlets, kinda like Ackar (grey hands, looked like gloves, oh yeah...)

I actually think Voltix has the potential to be epic if you replace the purple with black and took away the blue wires and the head lightning and then changed the orange whip to a blck one possibly with red spikes in it. And back on the gunmetal/silver debate bulk looks fine with gunmetal. Next year there better be a mata blue villain

Edited by turtleman2020

I actually think Voltix has the potential to be epic if you replace the purple with black and took away the blue wires and the head lightning and then changed the orange whip to a blck one possibly with red spikes in it. And back on the gunmetal/silver debate bulk looks fine with gunmetal. Next year there better be a mata blue villain

:sceptic: So basically you want another Core Hunter? No thanks. The purple is the main reason we want him.