kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

So... either the heroes are cyborg dudes or it'll feature human characters in space interacting with CGI heroes.

God, keep Michael Bay away from this one... Or just let him direct the action sequences.

Hero Factory with a gritty realistic touch would be kind of interesting....

No. No live action. If they improve on what we already have in terms of the TV show, then fine. But adding a "human element" would just ruin it for me.

It's a Hero Factory. Building robotic Heroes. Humans just don't have a place.

Using motion capture software would be cool, but I don't think that's considered live action.

Do we have any more info on this?

Kalhiki

I fully expect a story of "_____ is attacking Earth, so several heroes from the Hero Factory are dispatched to save the day".

Heroes and villains will likely be CGI, but the civilians, supporting characters, people they interact with will be live action. I can work with that.

I' be lying if I said I wasn't really looking forward to this. If it's bad, fine, I'll still get a kick out of it, and if it's good, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Speaking of being surprised this whole thing threw me for a loop.

Edited by Mesonak

For the love of...ummmmm...nah, that's cliche.

Well, okay. We have pictures now. And I need to ask this.

51fWXZXpDYL._AA300_.jpg

Why, oh why did they pose him like that. He looks fat. If they had him in something more dramatic, or even just standing tall, that'd look better than...whatever this pose is called (squatting?)

Edited by MakutaDreadscythe

OH MY GOD this is amazing! *oh2* The live action part confuses me, though. I hope this doesn´t become cheesy. Maybe if it´s just background characters like attacked civilists and all the rest (Heroes, HF staff and villains) remain robots it will be fine. Now, I don´t expect a brilliant storyline but CGI effects as in Transformers would be great. :laugh: What does worry me, however, are the screenwriters, whose previous works haven´t got very good ratings. :look:

You know, the advantage of not making a BIONICLE movie is that, even if we may have preferred that, a failure of that would have been worse. Quite frankly, if a HF or a BIONICLE movie have to fail, I prefer the HF movie to do so. :tongue: I like HF, but BIONICLE is too epic to be messed up in a movie. Still, I look forward to hearing more from this! :sweet:

You know what I really look forward to, no matter how the film will turn out? To all the concept art and teasers we could get over the months before the movie. We always got that for the BIONICLE movies and I missed it for HF and Ninjago.

This could be a huge opportunity for LEGO. Even if the movie doesn´t turn out so great, I can imagine the HF sets flying off the shelves.

Thanks for the new pictures! Core Hunter looks fantastic. :thumbup:

-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

The more I think about the movie, the more I'm unsure. If the live action aspect of it is just civilian and background characters as others have mentioned, then that's fine. Something like Transformers is acceptable. I'm partly excited for it and can't wait to see concept art and the like.

Two things I'm wondering though. 1) Who will be the voice actors? I feel the TV shows have a great cast of voices and can't picture who else would voice them. I guess if they sound similar, that'd be fine; and 2) What will the movie be rated? Being Lego it seems more like a PG type movie, but Transformers ( also being a movie based on kids' toys) was PG-13. Personally, I'd like a more mature movie at the PG-13 rating. just seems more broad about what could go on.

Kalhiki

I'm not sure how to feel about the live-action aspect. I have no issue with humans in the Hero Factory universe, as it calls to mind the hilarious teaser videos from Hero Factory's debut. But I hope the robotic heroes remain just that: robots.

Okay, I'm gonna call it now.

You see, the plot revolves around Von Nebula. It's established he's back, but due to the poor plot of his debut, noone can take him seriously anymore. Von Nebula then goes into clinic depression and grows his hair long (yup, Von Nebula has hair). It is then that one of his old friends Xplode inspires him to go into a singing career due to his wonderful voice, and thus half of the first half of the movie is taken up by his melodies, mostly revolving around how he hates Stormer. He becomes a hit, but then Justin Bieber comes along and pulls out a lightsaber. Von Nebula ends up injuring him, ruining his career until Michael Bay comes along and offers him a film career (which he refuses of course) and for the sake of action the heroes arrive in Power Rangers fashion (did I mention it's live action? Well, they wear rubber suits, 'kay?) and tell him he's an evil evil man. Little do they know however that the budget is smaller than this forum entry so they don't actually have weapons, and thus all seems lost until Von Nebula is abrubtly defeated by a falling handbag, which Xplode promptly steals. Von Nebula realises his misdeeds and becomes friends with Stormer again, going as far as to have a tea party with him in girly fashion. Suddenly Jawblade comes out of nowhere and shouts "DOUBLE OBAMA TERIYAKI" and the movie ends on a cliffhanger.

Copyright to me. :classic:

Okay, I'm gonna call it now.

You see, the plot revolves around Von Nebula. It's established he's back, but due to the poor plot of his debut, noone can take him seriously anymore. Von Nebula then goes into clinic depression and grows his hair long (yup, Von Nebula has hair). It is then that one of his old friends Xplode inspires him to go into a singing career due to his wonderful voice, and thus half of the first half of the movie is taken up by his melodies, mostly revolving around how he hates Stormer. He becomes a hit, but then Justin Bieber comes along and pulls out a lightsaber. Von Nebula ends up injuring him, ruining his career until Michael Bay comes along and offers him a film career (which he refuses of course) and for the sake of action the heroes arrive in Power Rangers fashion (did I mention it's live action? Well, they wear rubber suits, 'kay?) and tell him he's an evil evil man. Little do they know however that the budget is smaller than this forum entry so they don't actually have weapons, and thus all seems lost until Von Nebula is abrubtly defeated by a falling handbag, which Xplode promptly steals. Von Nebula realises his misdeeds and becomes friends with Stormer again, going as far as to have a tea party with him in girly fashion. Suddenly Jawblade comes out of nowhere and shouts "DOUBLE OBAMA TERIYAKI" and the movie ends on a cliffhanger.

Copyright to me. :classic:

:laugh: That had me cracking up.

Y'know, I'd like it if the movie had Nebula as the main villain. Not necessarily the RotR story arc, but maybe focusing on his return.

I'm actually getting more and more excited. If done right it could be one epic movie. Don't want to get my hopes up, but being a big fan of the live action TF movies, I can't help but not to.

Kalhiki

Let's hope it's better than Transformers, especially the third one. The effects were great, but what HF really needs now is a strong story to follow. Judging by the Breakout cliffhanger I think they're headed in the right direction.

The Heroes and Villains will probably be CGI and the locals of some planet or something will be live action.

Or Furno will transform into some idiot teenager's car (Let's hope not).

Edited by Sulfurix

Let's hope it's better than Transformers, especially the third one. The effects were great, but what HF really needs now is a strong story to follow. Judging by the Breakout cliffhanger I think they're headed in the right direction.

But bear in mind that the movie hasn't even been confirmed yet. Not only that, but if it does go into production, who knows when we'll see it released. It'll easily be beyond the Breakout arc.

Most likely it's going to be a completely unique story.

Kalhiki

I fail to see the issue with Humans in Hero Factory.

Like, at all. They're already there, even. Heck, I'd like to see them working in the Hero Factory, that'd be fantastic.

It wouldn't make sense in Bionicle, sure, but this isn't Bionicle. It's better.

Edited by CabooseBM

I don't think we're gonna get any until august. :hmpf_bad:

Well, I live in Germany, so the sets are most likely going to be released far earlier around here. :wink:

And before you guys get jealous I'd like to remind you that there are many, many other things which we get far later (if at all) here in Germany. The Transformers Prime toyline is a great example for this, since the First Edition toys never made it to us (with the exception of a 2-pack, though) and the Robots in Disguise toys hit shelves very slowly around here.

The news of a Hero Factory movie don't bother me that much, but that's moslty because I don't care that much about the Hero Factory Fiction itself. But I sure would be happy if it turns out to be a entertaining and well-written movie (even if it's an action movie, it should be to a well-written action movie - the Transformers movies aren't, if you ask me).

Well, I live in Germany, so the sets are most likely going to be released far earlier around here. :wink:

And before you guys get jealous I'd like to remind you that there are many, many other things which we get far later (if at all) here in Germany. The Transformers Prime toyline is a great example for this, since the First Edition toys never made it to us (with the exception of a 2-pack, though) and the Robots in Disguise toys hit shelves very slowly around here.

You remember how we didn´t get the Piraka before April here? :laugh: I´m glad things have changed. :classic:

-Gata signoff.jpg

Two things:

Live action = horrible. An animated movie would be a lot better.

Damnit, Core Hunter's gun is gunmetal and red. I wasn't happy that the bottom was red, but now, we don't even have a black blaster top!

Oh, and MakutaDreadscythe, your script reminds me of BZP Ask Vezon :laugh:.

Edited by DraikNova