kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

LEGOJANG released his review of Stormer XL. :D

and

I wonder why he didn't put them in one video. As he is a partner there is no 15 minute limit for him.

Other than many others here, I prefer the video review. I like the dynamic of this format, but a well-written has proves to be just as good.

Edited by KazeMonsuta

7557938362_df32989ffb.jpg

I know you've all been waiting for it, and the wait is almost over. Stay tuned for the last of my series of reviews, Core Hunter, coming very soon! :classic:

-Gata signoff.png

Yup, want and want. Who's going to make a SD review?

PS: I want the scout drones in white and red to use as the training drones from the 2.0 episode.

Edited by DraikNova

Just got Voltix at TRU. I wouldn've gotten Stringer with him, but they only had the medium sized figures.

Anyway, he's great. I don't mind the short arms as much, and the colors are far more cohesive in person. Also, the new lightning pieces are gorgeous.

Kalhiki

I just ordered Core Hunter from Amazon :classic: , I would have gotten CH at TRU, but they didn't have him, it's kinda ironic the only one I want is not there, but all of the others are there *huh* , either way he should be arriving Thursday or Friday, so I'm happy :sweet:

Edited by Zachattacx

Sorry to disturb the topic of discussion, guys, but I think I've just found Hero Factory winter '13 set names. Where? On some random German shop site, of course! :laugh:

Well, here they are:

4224 Breez - 9.99 euros

4225 Gusher - 9.99 euros

4226 Evo - 12.99 euros

4227 Plasma Spitta - 9.99 euros

4228 Venomfang - 9.99 euros

4229 Stormer - 12.99 euros

4230 Von Nebula - 19.99 euros

4231 Surge - 12.99 euros

4232 Blizzaxx - 12.99 euros

4241 Nex - 9.99 euros

Here's a link to the shop site page:Click!

I can't gather much from them myself, apart from 4230, of course, which I was kind of expecting after the conclusion to "Breakout". :blush: Still, I welcome a return of Nebby! :tongue:

Edited by LegoWalrus

Sorry to disturb the topic of discussion, guys, but I think I've just found Hero Factory winter '13 set names. Where? On some random German shop site, of course! :laugh:

Well, here they are:

4224 Breez - 9.99 euros

4225 Gusher - 9.99 euros

4226 Evo - 12.99 euros

4231 Surge - 12.99 euros

4241 Nex - 9.99 euros

I can't gather much from them myself, apart from 4230, of course, which I was kind of expecting after the conclusion to "Breakout". :blush: Still, I welcome a return of Nebby! :tongue:

I don't see the sets. :I Can you post a screencap?

I don't see the sets. :I Can you post a screencap?

Yeah, same. Screencap would be much appreciated and such, cause there's nothing relating to those names on the webpage you linked.

Edited by Mesonak

Haven't they re-used set numbers before? Not sure...

Anyway, I'm skeptical. The lack of Furno is surprising. I just can't seem to see a wave without him (minus Breakout Wave 2 since he was in the story arc in the beginning). Unless this is like Breakout again with a year long story arc. Also, isn't Spitta a character from Ninjago?

But until more is revealed, I can't say much.

Kalhiki

Edited by Kalhiki

Reusing set numbers makes no sense as there are still plenty left.

Also, VenomFang is apparently a MGBLKS set. I doubt they would use that.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

They don't even appear in the page you posted.

Not a nice way to start your staying in the forum. :sceptic:

Set numbers were reused in the past, but when the old sets that used the number were very obscure or not used badly.

Well, here they are:

4224 Breez - 9.99 euros

4225 Gusher - 9.99 euros

4226 Evo - 12.99 euros

4231 Surge - 12.99 euros

4241 Nex - 9.99 euros

VON NEBULA BLARGHH-

Fake. 4224, 4225, 4226, 4229 and possibly others are already taken.

MYTH BUSTED. :tongue:

-Gata signoff.png

Megablocks.

Well, even though those numbers went nowhere, the names might be true, and I for one think they sound interesting. "Plasma Spitta" sounds like a set similar to Toxic Reapa, but possibly with purple. Just saying, the names might be true and for one I would be glad if they were.

They might have some truth on them, yeah. Like "Core Drainer" and "Stormer Lgd".

Well, Von Nebula and 13 Euro Surge I would welcome with open arms- 13 Euro sets bring a wider number of pieces and thus more complicated designs compared to 9 Euro figures, and since Surge was a 9 Euro sets this year..

Actually, I'd like if the places were switched: Surge-Evo-Nex-Stringer as 13 Euro sets (or 3 medium size figures and a XL), while Furno-Breez-Rocka-Bulk-Stormer as 9 Euro sets. As for the XL figure, it could be anyone (except Rocka and Stormer of course)- hey, even a Furno XL wouldn't be so bad.

Let's just hope the prices aren't right: Von Nebula, a 20$ set? Honestly, I want him to be bigger than even Witch Doctor, at 50$ at least. Kinda like the HF equivalent of a Kardas-sized set.

Let's just hope the prices aren't right: Von Nebula, a 20$ set? Honestly, I want him to be bigger than even Witch Doctor, at 50$ at least. Kinda like the HF equivalent of a Kardas-sized set.

I hope the prices are right, because if Nebula is 50$ or more my wallet is more or less going to kill itself, but I really hope Nebula could be bigger than is previous form but still have a okay amount of pieces, maybe if he's 30$ it wouldn't hurt my wallet so much.

Edited by Zachattacx

We're not even sure if they're willing to cross the 29,99/34,99 Dollars/Euro line (Witch Doctor/Speeda Demon's prices, depending where you live)- that is, they farthest they went since 2011. The Dropship in 2010 was the most expensive HF set yet, but that obviously didn't sell well since they haven't tried something like it in the followong lines.

I'd fine if Von Nebula (assuming he comes back- not that I'm against it) were a 20 Euro set. Stormer XL, BP, Rocka XL and Fire Lord look plenty imposing and towering even next to 13 Euro figures. I love WItch Doctor and Kardas, but they're ridiculously huge for HF standards.

We're not even sure if they're willing to cross the 29,99/34,99 Dollars/Euro line (Witch Doctor/Speeda Demon's prices, depending where you live)- that is, they farthest they went since 2011. The Dropship in 2010 was the most expensive HF set yet, but that obviously didn't sell well since they haven't tried something like it in the followong lines.

I'd fine if Von Nebula (assuming he comes back- not that I'm against it) were a 20 Euro set. Stormer XL, BP, Rocka XL and Fire Lord look plenty imposing and towering even next to 13 Euro figures. I love WItch Doctor and Kardas, but they're ridiculously huge for HF standards.

I'd be fine with a 20$ or 30$ Von Nebula, if they don't use the Fire Lord design, Von Nebula should have a better design than that, maybe down the line of Stormer XL, but fix stuff on Nebula that they didn't do on Stormer.Maybe how Stormer in my opinion looks like Optimus Prime, but make Nebula sorta look like Megatron(Movieverse).

Well, Stormer XL's design is much more flexible than the FL IMO, since it relies 99,9% on the new building system. Shoulder width can be adjusted with some different bulding techniques, and legs can pretty much look however you like and still be sturdy thanks to the new friction joints.

FL body, also, is too lanky for Von Nebula- he's a more bulky figure.

I just thought of something crazy, what if Von Nebula's body was dissolved in the black hole and he came back as a spirit(Makuta,no)and it could transform or take figure of anything he wanted, but he chose all the other villains and the spirit made a combination of all the previous major villains(WD,FL,BP)and became a super ultra version of all the major villains of the past including himself,crazy or what.

Edited by Zachattacx

I just thought of something crazy, what if Von Nebula's body was dissolved in the black hole and he came back as a spirit(Makuta,no)and it could transform or take figure of anything he wanted, but he chose all the other villains and the spirit made a combination of all the previous major villains(WD,FL,BP)and became a super ultra version of all the major villains of the past including himself,crazy or what.

Robots don't have spirits..

Robots don't have spirits..

Oh, sorry I totally forgot.

Speaking of which I always wondered what ever happened to Nebula's Hero Core, I always thought it was the life source of any hero...