That off roader actually looks pretty cool. Did anyone else notice that on the box art it seems like both wheels can turn? like the front and back. cant wait to see more!

tim

To be honest, I'm really disappointed with the off-roader. The list of functions seems to be like zero, if you compare them to the functions in previous flagships. I was hoping for something like remote controlled sequential transmission, or remote controlled switching of diffs on/off. Steering+propulsion is not enough, not even for a middle set. But I should look the bright side, it will be easier to improve the model :)

That off roader actually looks pretty cool. Did anyone else notice that on the box art it seems like both wheels can turn? like the front and back. cant wait to see more!

tim

I didn't notice it, but now you mention it; there seem to be circular arrows in the picture on the top right side of the box. That would be a nice touch to increase the manouvrability.

And are they using new tires? They seem to have about the same size as the Unimog tires. But I might be mistaken.

Edited by Gekke Ted

Rock crawler looks very dissapointing for a flagship and seems to have small enough wheels too,I taught we might see power puller wheels back :( 2h 2012 is not looking as good as the last 2-3 years, also pneumatics for next year is not looking good ether :(

Edited by davidmull

So am I the only one who is excited about the Rock Crawler?! Seems like a very nice model to me. And fully remote controlled, which is cool. Maybe it's lacking some extra features, but I don't really care.

It seems these two models are Summer 2012 sets. Which means there's room for a real flagship at the end of the year. Will it be a Tractor with number 9393, like stated on Technicbricks?! Or will the Rock Crawler be the actual flagship?!

So am I the only one who is excited about the Rock Crawler?! Seems like a very nice model to me. And fully remote controlled, which is cool. Maybe it's lacking some extra features, but I don't really care.

It seems these two models are Summer 2012 sets. Which means there's room for a real flagship at the end of the year. Will it be a Tractor with number 9393, like stated on Technicbricks?! Or will the Rock Crawler be the actual flagship?!

Is the jeep not the crawler/flagship? Did we not have confirmation earlier in the year for the rock crawler set number which is the jeep in that video!

Is the jeep not the crawler/flagship? Did we not have confirmation earlier in the year for the rock crawler set number which is the jeep in that video!

I am not sure whether it is. I always supposed it would be the flagship, but since number 9393 still is missing and these are summer sets (not confirmed), there might be another model at the end of the year.

The Tractor is referenced to be in the 30€ range.

If it is the case, the Off-Roader might be the 2012 flagship, as I believe.

I'm quite sure that the Off-Roader is the 2012 flaghsip but I want to believe that there are something special under the Off-Roader hood and it's not revealed yet, otherwise it doesn't seem anything special (except it is the first official RC wheeled LEGO technic set).

That helicopter looks great! I've been waiting for another large helicopter ever since Whirlwind Rescue came out. It looks like it has a swash plate too!

I'm a bit bummed about the rock crawler, and if this is the supposed to be the 2012 flagship model, I'm a bit disappointed. I do like the color scheme though. :thumbup:

Tractor? I must have missed that.

Obviously the Off-roader is the flagship. Thanks default_thumbup.gif

This might be a very stupid question, but what are the 1H and 2H? :wacko:

1h/2h means 1half/2half

Probably been a shorter explanation and probably make more sense.

So the Rock Crawler is using 3 Medium PF motors...? Must be one for steering and 2 for drive... Thought it would have had the XL motor for drive... I also blew up and enhanced the pics from the vid and it does indeed appear to have 4 wheel steering as well... Also nice to see good use being made of the black toggles once again... :thumbup:

Helicopter has new #17 and #18 Yellow panels...

I wonder if the M motor is being used as a stand in image for a new motor on the box art. I always thought that if Lego did produce a motorised wheeled vehicle then they would have to consider some sort of driveline protection that was more effective than the white clutch gear.

I also think, due to the rim to tyre ratio, that this model uses the largest offroad tread tyres.

Would it be normal for the box art to change at this time?,if thay were to add a new type of motor?

From what I understand, things can still change pretty drastically. This set isn't due til next year, so changes are possible.

Would it be normal for the box art to change at this time?,if thay were to add a new type of motor?

It does say preliminary image, the box art could just be an indicative mock up prior to the creation of the final image. In the case of the Unimog, I believe we saw the use of photoshop to either hide or omit details that they did not want us to see/had finalised :sceptic:

The sets 8043 and 8275 had similar motors pictured next to each other on the boxart. 4M and 2M and 2XL,

If you follow that trend there are 2 different types of motors used. (there also seem to be different lenghts of text under the images of the motors)

Time will tell.

Ok thanks guys, you can stop quoting me now. :laugh:

LOL default_laugh_new.gif

(Sorry, this is a quote again :wink:)