Pally

New modular building? 10224 Town Hall

I've read this entire thread, but don't remember reading anything about a mistake in the instructions...where'd you hear that and what is it? :wacko:

It's been mentioned in passing a few pages back, by Jut who already got his hands on a copy of 10224.

The sets are complete, and have to be shipped to the sellers, but I have a horrible feeling there may be a problem with the instructions as I was missing several pieces, and saw something rather unusual, which was two 1x8 bricks stacked directly on top of each other (see my post on the something awful thread) for more detail.

I know this is not the right topic for this question but certainly the most active topic about modular buildings. I just bought the Fire Brigade and wanted to recreate the box picture but I have a problem with attaching the helmet to the hands of the minifigures. Does anyone knows how this is done? is it even possible? Thanks in advance.

But I don't understand why all the minifigures in this line have the standard smiley!

I've replaced most of the standard heads with those from my own collection. Some of the torsos they give you are great.

In my opinion, the standard smileys :classic: are perfect for modular buildings. I was growing up in the time, when these smileys were already out, but I owned only some homemaker figures and proto-minifigures. These simple smileys remind me of the most classic LEGO time, and hence I feel they're perfect contrast to more advanced buildings. Besides, I don't like the majority of the 'modern' faces so I often substitute them for these :classic: .

But I don't understand why all the minifigures in this line have the standard smiley!

You have to consider TLG's primary audience spans multiple generations for this set. I for one, am glad they are only using the classic smilies. It makes it timeless. Without minifig emotion your attention becomes focused on the architectural beauty and intricate details of the modular set. It what makes them so special.

I know this is not the right topic for this question but certainly the most active topic about modular buildings. I just bought the Fire Brigade and wanted to recreate the box picture but I have a problem with attaching the helmet to the hands of the minifigures. Does anyone knows how this is done? is it even possible? Thanks in advance.

I believe it is resting on the minifigure's feet. In the future, please start a thread for a discussion such as this in the LEGO General Discussion and News forum, as it pertains more to general discussion than town. Thanks, and I hope I've helped answer your question. :sweet:

I've replaced most of the standard heads with those from my own collection. Some of the torsos they give you are great.

I actually wish they would have more 'blank' torsos, like they did in the earliest Modulars. Back then it felt like they were trying to stay true to the most basic principle of a minifig. Now everything but the face is getting more and more complicated, including having Collectible Minifig hairpieces.

I believe it is resting on the minifigure's feet. In the future, please start a thread for a discussion such as this in the LEGO General Discussion and News forum, as it pertains more to general discussion than town. Thanks, and I hope I've helped answer your question. :sweet:

Thank you for answering. And sorry for going off topic but I thought the question wasn't 'big' enough to justify a new topic. But I will do it next time!

I'm looking forward to the release of Town Hall - if anything, the parts in this set will make for interesting modular MOCs. Thanks for sharing the news and set images!

I'm really liking the bronze looking color for the walls. Is it dark orange? The thing I like best about these Modular Buildings is that the figs have just regular :classic: faces, instead of more detailed faces. It's sort of nice.

It's only a very slight mistake - so slight in fact it would take little brain power to correct. It might only affect certain sets - we saw a similar situation in the "Fire Brigade missing bag Batch 39R1" fiasco. However if there are instructions with mistakes, LEGO have no choice but to correct it before the release date; they simply cannot release a set knowing that there is an error in the instructions.

We all know very little at the moment, we'll just have to wait and see. :classic:

That really interesting about Batch 39R1 were missing bag but I do have four quanity of this set and I have no problem with it but i will re check all parts to make sure all there. I built to make one large building that I created design. I will post the picture when 100 percent complete.

MN

I'm really liking the bronze looking color for the walls. Is it dark orange?

It's the same colour as the 1x2 tiles on the townhouse part of the Pet Shop set.

Been to my local LEGO store and two employees said that it would be released 'early March', although they weren't allowed to give me a specific date :hmpf_bad: Never mind, it looks fabulous!

I have my fingers crossed that we will get some official news on this this week!

I certainly hope so. I'm going stir crazy without knowing anything yet!? Not even a release date.

Im really not a fan of this new building.....just not enough outside detail for me

I kind of like the simpler look... while I love GG, it looks too busy for my tastes. My favorite types of architecture have always been (American) Greek Revival and then Gothic Revival, both of which are simpler, especially with the smaller buildings.

Funny!? Would have thought that TLG would give us some info by now?

The Contact that told me it would be released on February 1st. I should correctly say I was told the beginning of February,

In which I assumed he/she meant February first!

Oh well, Guess no cash for Lego this month then! :sceptic:

Been to my local LEGO store and two employees said that it would be released 'early March', although they weren't allowed to give me a specific date :hmpf_bad: Never mind, it looks fabulous!

I will watch for it when will released date.

Sorry replied to wrong thread!

Edited by grogall

That really interesting about Batch 39R1 were missing bag but I do have four quanity of this set and I have no problem with it but i will re check all parts to make sure all there. I built to make one large building that I created design. I will post the picture when 100 percent complete.

MN

I got one of the 39R1's for Christmas. I was missing over 20 pieces, nearly all of them small, in the 1x2 plate and smaller range) I called Lego and they quickly acknowledged the missing bad and it should be here any day. With regards to instructions, I did find that my Emerald Night came with instructions that differed on the step where the drive train is put together from earlier versions online. We also had the service pack for the Shuttle Adventure. *IF* there is an issue, my experience has been that Lego will correct it quickly.

I for one will be ordering this set as soon as it is available. My dad is a mayor and my nephews are quite excited to see a Lego "Papa" in his office.