Sign in to follow this  
SNIPE

how can i get the two bricks back in LDD

Hi,

How can I get the two missing bricks back in the newest version of LDD (LDD 4.1.8)

I have the latest version (the patch was released today I think)

The parts are:

64819 - http://www.bricklink...Item.asp?P=3711

30168 - http://www.bricklink...Item.asp?P=x177

If anybody else knows of any other parts that are missing can you please inform me so I can get them back.

Probably you can't, it was known that those parts weren't there anymore (see the other topic in here). Update was there already for some days now.

You can't. The files was deleted from the palette database.

It is possible that will be added again in the future, but at the moment there is no ("lawful") way to have that pieces.

I think there are not other deleted bricks: Superkalle examined the palette already using his LDD Manager, and the result was that only those bricks has been removed from the database.

Im pretty sure the Mummy Headdress is still there i have a file with it still intact and hasnt been removed and im sure its still on the list. I checked and part 30168 doesnt show up in LDD but there is a similiar one 90462-Nemes

You are in true!

The piece is still in the database. That make easy to import it in new projects.

So I wonder what kind of check Superkalle did with LDD manager. :tongue:

If there are other bricks in the same situation, we could prepare a file with all these bricks to use in new projects with LDD 4.1.8.

no_board.jpg

:laugh:

(the only way to get the chain element back is to uninstall 4.1.8 and install 4.1.7 and then say "no" everytime it wants to update during start)

You are in true!

The piece is still in the database. That make easy to import it in new projects.

So I wonder what kind of check Superkalle did with LDD manager. :tongue:

If there are other bricks in the same situation, we could prepare a file with all these bricks to use in new projects with LDD 4.1.8.

LDD Manager is a crappy piece of software - don't trust it :tongue:

No, but seriously, the chain element is gone from LDD 4.1.8, and I can't seem to find any replacement. This was surely a mistake by TLG.

The old pharaos headpiece 30168 (released 1998, named x177 in BL) was replaced by 90462 released 2011. However, these are actually two different molds, and therefore the old 30168 should actually not have been removed from LDD. Now that it has however, you can use LDD Manager ( :hmpf: ) to parse through all your LXF-files and replace all instances of 30168 with 90462. Or you could wait until the next release of LDD and see if the 30168 will be put back in.

Can I open a model that has the part and copy it to the model I am working on or will it exclude the brick from the model i am copying it from?.

It works with the colors, there is no PC black but I can copy the part and then copy the color so I assume it might work with the parts

Can I open a model that has the part and copy it to the model I am working on or will it exclude the brick from the model i am copying it from?.

It works with the colors, there is no PC black but I can copy the part and then copy the color so I assume it might work with the parts

Yes, you are right. It works with colors, because all color exist in the color palette (even though they cannot be selected directly). For parts it's different. If they are not in the brick palette, then cannot be chosen (or are removed if you open a file with them in it). Basically the geometry of the part is not there, so LDD cannot display it.

the only way to get the chain element back is to uninstall 4.1.8 and install 4.1.7

I wonder if any altruistic tech-head might already have unpacked, combined and repacked a .lif file containing everything LDD has ever had? (Or, bowing to copyright concerns, written an appropriate script to do so?)

I wonder if any altruistic tech-head might already have unpacked, combined and repacked a .lif file containing everything LDD has ever had? (Or, bowing to copyright concerns, written an appropriate script to do so?)

Can't find the topic at the moment, but I remember someone did something similar to unlock some bricks that weren't being displayed in the palette, and TLG instructed him to remove the instructions from EB because they violated the EULA.

Can't find the topic at the moment, but I remember someone did something similar to unlock some bricks that weren't being displayed in the palette, and TLG instructed him to remove the instructions from EB because they violated the EULA.

I remember it was Bojan Pavsic and his work allowed to insert personal decorations too.

Yeah, like's been said - TLG hasn't been too keen on this. But it is not only because of breaching the EULA (i.e. you are not allowed to extract data or alter the software files in any way). It is also because of the consquences that can be; Not only hardcore LDD/IT geeks read this forum, and if kids start altering LIF-files or finding scripts that minimize the Web-pane, or shut off the auto-update feature or other fun stuff, then this could create problems that TLG simply don't want (i.e. people calling the support because of problems with mods of various kinds).

Another thing is off course that creating "all-in-one" lif-files create a problem when and if bricks are updated. What if you open a LXF created with brick gemoetries and brick definition in one of these "all-in-one" file and TLG then release an update. Then you would need to update tha "all-in-one" as well. Who does that, and when? It doesn't take much imagination to see the potential problems here, also for us fans when sharing files.

Hi,

I really need the chain links, and I tried to reinstall version 4.1.7, but after unzipping the file, the computer said:"you cannot update LDD with an older version."

What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I really need the chain links, and I tried to reinstall version 4.1.7, but after unzipping the file, the computer said:"you cannot update LDD with an older version."

What am I doing wrong?

I don't think you're doing anything wrong; LDD probably just has safeguards to prevent people from downloading out-of-date versions and thus potentially doing more damage to their already-built models than an update would.

I'd recommend deleting all LDD-related files (other than your models, obviously; back those up somewhere) on your computer, and then trying to install the older version. That way, LDD will have no way of knowing that there was ever a more up-to-date version on your computer. This is just a guess, though. I'm not a tech guy, so if there's more to it than that I hope someone else will step in to give you the advice you really need.