Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

" That person was wearing Crusader Colours. He was a Crusader. He WAS the one who burnt my village. I seem to remember seeing his face on a Wanted Poster for assassination on crusades. If you see him again, Hold me back or I will kill him."

The Crusaders are the ruling power at this time in their lands. There wouldn't be wanted posters for one. And they don't throw shurikans. :sceptic:

The Crusaders are the ruling power at this time in their lands. There wouldn't be wanted posters for one. And they don't throw shurikans. :sceptic:

He is an assassin. The poster was in the lands where Crusaders have ravaged, and then The people claimed it back.

Bartholemew Docken, Would you like to stay in my humble Abode? Unlke most here I can trust you?

He is an assassin. The poster was in the lands where Crusaders have ravaged, and then The people claimed it back.

If he was an assassin, then I was in all probability right and he wasn't a true Crusader. And even if he was, he still wouldn't use shurikans. :sceptic:

Bartholemew Docken, Would you like to stay in my humble Abode? Unlke most here I can trust you?

At this point, with all due respect, no thank you. I do already have a room at an inn, and I'm not keen on living with someone I just met today who claims to be a Forestman but evidently isn't.

About the Forestman thing, I meant the wrong type of forestmen. May I ask what Inn you are staying at? Heroica Halls one has had rogues steal from inside it before.

About the Forestman thing, I meant the wrong type of forestmen. May I ask what Inn you are staying at? Heroica Halls one has had rogues steal from inside it before.

Wonder who did that, don't they have watch guards or something around here? OR some sort of Town Watch? :wacko:

Wonder who did that, don't they have watch guards or something around here? OR some sort of Town Watch? :wacko:

No. It seems that they believe the heroes are all honourable. The rogue who stole from 2 of us rangers certainly is not.

Scheherazade overhears this and lets out a big guffaw.

"Town watch?! You mean that useless bunch of sloths at the gates? Don't you know what kind of a city you have come into? We have no government here, only six powerful houses pulling the strings ever which way they choose, and several vibrant criminal organizations doing their best to stir the pot. The town watch get their pay from whoever they manage to blackmail it from, they cannot be trusted to cross an old lady across the road, let alone catch thieves! I swear, if it weren't for Heroica, there wouldn't be an ounce of honour and decency left in Eubric nowadays..."

The matron walks away, shaking her head.

Cronk, Would you and Mage Althor like to stay under my protection, now you know my past and know of my wolf (Zeus)?

Cronk cannot speak for Mage Althior but Cronk thinks Cronk will take chances with finding room at Inn. Cronk thanks Ranger Aragon but Cronk grown up Orc now. Can take care of Cronk's self.

Where Ranger Aragon's puppy? Cronk cannot see him but Cronk likes puppies. Cronk plays gentle, Cronk promises.

Ahem:

I do already have a room at an inn,

Besides,

There are of course other rooms in Heroica Hall (such as the residences of the leaders and the servants), but they are not accessible to the public. The adventurers do not sleep there, but at inns or their own homes.

Scheherazade overhears this and lets out a big guffaw.

That is not what I meant Miss Scheherazade. I wondered if Heroica Hall had some form of guards, as the bar seems to get people too rowdy.

Tesni returns the book.

"Thank you ranger Docken, I am sorry for the wait, my mind went back. Those are the markings of the knights I saw. I did not know such brutality could come from knights."

She turned to the Orc. "You know of a good inn? I am afraid I ran right here and the strenghtrush is waning, I would need to sleep soon."

heroica01.jpg

Not far away from Heroica Hall, a shiny knight left the "Merry Maraca", where he had spent the last night.

heroica02.jpg

He turned around and looked at the dirty street, where he had come from. Then, he turned around, to meet his destiny at Heroica.

heroica03.jpg

Suddenly, he was approached by a dark figure:

"Hey, knight, you're new in Eubric, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am. I come from quite far away, from the very South. My name is Don Pinatto."

"Hm. Interesting."

"Oh, I even have a background story: My father is a rich and powerful landlord, but since I'm tired of administrative work, I've decided to become a hero at Heroica."

"What's Heroica?", the other figure asked, cluelessly.

"It's a great place right down the street, were you can become a great hero and find treasures and kill monsters and solve quests and so on."

"How astonishing...do they take rogues as well?"

"Of course they do. They even got a lot of rogues, I've heard."

"So, what do I need to become a hero?", he asked.

"Ten gold, a weapon that fits you, a potion and an item, specifically to your class. You would have to have a vial of venom."

"How conveniant, I do have a vial of venom!"

"That's great, so all you need is a potion, ten gold and a weapon."

"Say, would you mind me to examine that sword closely?"

"Well, I don't happen to see a reason why not.", the Don says, and hands the figure the weapon.

heroica04.jpg

"By the way, do you want to be my friend?", the Knight asks.

"Of course I do. You have a quite nice sword."

"You like it? I pulled it out of a rock by myself. Oh, I can't wait to solves quests together with you." :sweet:

"Yeah, whatever...", the Rogue muttered. Of course, he'd tell never tell this story like this. He'd say he had replied some cool one-liner.

heroica05.jpg

Now owming all the stuff required, the Rogue wandered down the street, to find this place called Heroica.

heroica06.jpg

Having slammed open the heavy doors (actually he had barely managed to push them open; strengh was not quite what he was known for. To be exactly, he wasn't known for anything yet), he looked over the Hall. It was full of heroes and heroines of all species, lots of Rogues and Knights, even a small imp was in sight. There was a large, blonde barbarian, who was talking to his sword, an Orc wearing an armor and a guy with a chicken. He felt a bit said when he thought about his poor friend, who couldn't see that. He was sure, Don Pinatto would have liked that. But however, here he could make lots of new friends.

Having another look at the load of people, he saw a guy with a wand in his hand. And this young, black-haird lady. And an elf with a snake staff! Mages!

He was a nice guy dep within, meaning harm only to mosters, enemies and people who're just passing by. But he couldn't stand Mages, they remembered him at his terrible youth...his parents' death...the fight for survival on the streets of Eubric...all because of those Mages. But however, he was ssmart enough not to start a fight with people he might once rely on. Be polite, he told himself. Stay calm, he told himself. Do nothing you'll regret.

Eventually, he went to the Quest Board, signed for Quest #2 Looking through the wares

and then went to the group with the Orc knight, the eye-patched Ranger and the Mage. Giving the mage a polite smile, he sayed:"Hi there, my name is Henry Sicariul. Do you mind me joining you?"

OT: I'm sorry my introduction post got that long, I promise to post shorter ones from now on. Also, I hope it is okay, that my character has an aversion against Mages. Nothing personal, just roleplay. :wink:

then went to the group with the Orc knight, the eye-patched Ranger and the Mage. Giving the mage a polite smile, he sayed:"Hi there, my name is Henry Sicariul. Do you mind me joining you?"

I can't speak for Cronk or Mage Althior, but I have no problems with it. :classic: Provided you sheath that sword and keep it there. I don't like troublemakers.

Cronk cannot speak for Mage Althior but Cronk thinks Cronk will take chances with finding room at Inn. Cronk thanks Ranger Aragon but Cronk grown up Orc now. Can take care of Cronk's self.

I'll find a room at the inn. and if there's not room, I'll make room. :devil: Or I'll sneak into Cronk's room when he's not looking. :tongue:

(I'm kidding on the second one, don't bash me Cronk! :tongue: )

I do not mind if you join us Henry. Just watch where you point that thing!

Eric cleared his plate of all leftover food and investigated the saloon. He kind of felt lonely and was searching for some company. Eric grabbed Godrisleif and stood up, ready to go see Tesni, the female Barbarian, again. As he did, he noticed another male coming through the heavy oak doors of the Heroica Hall. He was blonde and had peculiar grey eyes. There was something odd about him, but Eric couldn't quite put his finger on it. Eric cleared a way to the group surrounding Tesni and the newcomer. The Orc sitting with them was staring around with a dumb look on his face, but he seemed to enjoy himself. A Mage accompanied the group, as well. It was the same one Eric had seen running outside yesterday.

Eric stopped at the desired table. He nodded kindly toward the Barbarian, but waiteds to introduce himself to the others, they would have to do the talking first. If he deemed them worthy, he would pay them in kind and give them his name. He stared at each one of the group, one at a time, slightly smiling. He wasn't here to pick a fight, but he'd stand his ground if they challenged him.

Giving the mage a polite smile, he sayed:"Hi there, my name is Henry Sicariul. Do you mind me joining you?"

Hmm. Cronk smell blood. Bad smell. Cronk not sure where smell come from but Cronk remain vigilant.

As long as Mage Althior agrees, Rogue Henry, Cronk has no problem with the sitting.

"Ah, the Norse man, is good you came back here! The ranger had a book of knights. Now I know who took my tribe. But past is past. Soon Hightribe will be known for strength not sadness"

Tesni looked to the others. "You smell blood you say Cronk, this is not so good. Lots going on though, might be this evening meat..."

Hyrbros sat at the bar, waiting in silence for a quest to start. To pass the time, he pulled out a small, hollow stick, presumably a type of flute, from his robe, and began to play a mysterious, enchanting tune. It was quiet enough so that no one farther than ten feet away could tell where the music was coming from, but loud enough so that it could be heard during pauses between the room's chatter.

The sounds coming from the instrument reminded Hybros of his past, his home. He remembered that it was deep beneath the Earth's surface, where it was dark, damp, and besides his own kind, devoid of life. The soil was too unhealthy and rocky for plants to grow, and it was too cold for animals and other creatures to live in. Oh, but the underground cities were magnificent; the stone architecture would've have been heavenly if it could be seen by a surface-dweller's eyes. Thousands upon thousands of creatures similar to Hybros lived here, and it was only on the rarest of occasions that one was seen above ground.

Hybros came back to reality with a start. Tomas, the Cleric, was shaking the imp by his shoulder, saying something about buying drinks.

"Oh, no thank you", said Hybros in a hoarse voice, not caring for the in-acquired taste of surface beverages. Taking interest in the human, however, the imp engaged in conversation, speaking for the first time since he arrived.

"Where do you come from? Do you have family?", he asked.

It was time, mused Rystael. The boy had become a man. He summoned Tarn to the front of his church.

6047098060_76cd0f1f3a_z.jpg

The old cleric allowed himself a fond smile as the lanky, ponytailed youngster strode up to him.

"My boy, the monks of Valco have looked after you since you were young, after the attack on your village by bandits. We took you in and cared for you, trained you in the arts of pole-axe fighting."

6047097936_f955fe0061_b.jpg

"Your knowledge and wisdom has taught me many things, Rystael. I will forever be in your debt."

"There is no debt to repay, to me, or the brotherhood of Valco. You have been like a son to me."

"As you have been like a father to me", replied Tarn, earnestly.

Rystael looked away for a second, pained. "I only wish we could have found your sister when we found you all those years ago. But today is about you. Tarn, you have grown up to be a fine man, and I am honoured that you will carry the name of our order with you as you leave this church and seek your destiny."

6046548775_dd56b4c1b1_b.jpg

"It is true then, Rystael? I am to be an Adventurer?" exclaimed Tarn excitedly.

"That is indeed your fate, Tarn Valco. The pole-axce you carry and wield with such precision will be taken with you, of course. But I have a couple of gifts for you."

6047098338_6288fb69f7_b.jpg

Rystael came back absent his staff, but hands filled with the gifts for his young protege.

"I offer you a bottle of mead, to be drunk when the need for fighting takes you, and a potion, to heal all ills. May they help you on your quests."

"My thanks to you. I will use these gifts wisely."

"Go now, Tarn. Go to Heroica Hall and become the hero you were meant to be. Remember all I have taught you, and keep a place in your heart for compassion and kindness as well as courage and valour."

6046548955_09ce1ff74b_z.jpg

The two shook hands, and Tarn set off for the great Heroica Hall.

Hmm. Cronk smell blood. Bad smell. Cronk not sure where smell come from but Cronk remain vigilant.

Easy Cronk, it's not like Henry killed a man, took his tools, pushed the heavy doors open all by himself, and noticed there were mages of whom he hated because of some long tragic backstory we'll never fully hear. That would be impossible!

"Ah, the Norse man, is good you came back here! The ranger had a book of knights. Now I know who took my tribe. But past is past. Soon Hightribe will be known for strength not sadness"

"Indeed. Strength is a great quality to be renowned for, a top ideal to strive to," Eric acknowledged, "One day, when the time is ripe, you will be able to exact your revenge upon the perpetrators of the evil that befell you. Every action deserves fitting consequences."

Eric looked at the greenskin. The creature was imposing and bulky, as is common for an Orc. It was the only being in the room nearly matching Eric's hight and burly physique.

"You said you smelled blood, Orc, do you reckon trouble is brewing?" Eric inquired. Even though Eric's blade thirsted for blood and despite being a fighter himself, Eric was not in the mood for trouble. He had slept all afternoon, but was starting to feel drowsy again. He let the others do most of the talking. For now, he was happy to have found some decent company in this Hall. He held his sword tightly and smiled, but it was barely noticeable to the others.

Easy Cronk, it's not like Henry killed a man, took his tools, pushed the heavy doors open all by himself, and noticed there were mages of whom he hated because of some long tragic backstory we'll never fully hear. That would be impossible!

Nevertheless, he is a Rogue and we just met him. Nothing wrong with caution here. I can't smell blood myself, but is that a faint reddish brown streak on his sword? Perhaps it would be best if we sat across the table from him. Except for Cronk. He can sit next to the Rogue and bash him if he's evil.

Walks in

"The hall is much fuller now," she thinks to herself.

"Where all of these so-to-bo-heroes coming from?" she wonders aloud.

"Yes, the priestess said strength was a path that led to greatness for Cryfyder and his wielder."

She turned to the bar and ordered some ale for herself and offered to the others.

Jess was startled awake by the noise arising in Heroica Hall.

"*YAWN*." What'd I miss? I see that Tesni isn't with me any more, and neither is Eric. I must have dozed off. Maybe I'll go find a few more rogues to socialize with. Or perhaps that Bartholomew guy, even though he is a ranger, Jess thought.

Jess went and sat by Bartholomew.

Can I get another leg of lamb and another pint over here, Scheherazade?" Jess called loudly.