Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Darksten heard the door swing open and saw the brightly colored person enter the room. It was a sight that was hard to miss. Darksten couldn't help but laugh to himself as he wondered how the new individual planned to remain hidden outside of a fairground. At least the dwarf and knight currently standing with him appeared more fit for combat.

Harold felt proud of his flamboyant costume, knowing he'd stand out well in any crowd. He hoped he'd be hired in a fairground someday, but at this time was looking for a quest. He consulted the board-

"Oh", he said.

Walking back into the hall, Johon signs up for the fields of glory. It had been quite a while since he had just practiced on his fighting skills, and not gotten himself tangled in large conflicts; conflicts that would sprout again and again in form after form, never ceasing to change. After signing up, he orders some cider and sips it while sitting at an empty table.

Jeaux walks into the hall. Seeing Johon drinking alone, he approaches the table. "I believe these are yours", Jeaux says while holding out the Amethyst and Diamond Johon had lent him earlier, "Perhaps you might be willing to sell them, they seemed quite effective during the battle."

"I was planning on keeping them for the future. In case I ever learn some magic or imbue them in armor. Perhaps I'll purchase some more in the future however." Johon says, taking out a book with a picture of a gear on the cover. He lays it down on the table between him and Jeaux. "It might be a touchy subject, but are you a mechanic or engineer of any sorts? I am learning from this book, although I fear I do not have the knowledge to use it."

"I do not believe I am, but I may not be the best source of information about myself. It seems I am still learning what it is to be me. I would be willing to take a look if you would like."

Johon hands the journal to Jeaux. The book contains diagrams and explanations of the most simple contraptions to much more complex ones. As Jeaux skims over it, Johon continues.

"I wish to design a weapon, although quite different from what anyone has really made before." Johon says, pulling out some diagrams of different but similar weapons. "I want to design a weapon strong enough to damage my opponents, but not fatal. Too many times have people died by my sword... I think that you are the only one I know that I believe may realize the value of life."

"If you wish to damage someone, then what value does their life hold to you? I can understand the value of an individual when that individual is assisting your cause or mission, but if someone is directly opposed to that mission, I see more value in their death than life." Jeaux says candidly. He looks down to inspect the journal on the table, leafing through the pages while continuing to speak, "Though to answer your question, I can suppose there are a few ways to incapacitate your foes without necessarily killing them. I have heard of spells that cause sleep or petrification being bound to weapons before, though I do not know how it was done. You may also be able to achieve your objective by dealing sufficient pain to prevent action without dealing enough damage to prevent life. That could be done using certain forms of magic such as lightning or fire I suppose. Another alternative may be to focus your technique on the extremities to avoid any vital organs."

Johon remains silent for a moment, before responding to Jeaux. "I just have realized over the course of my life that bringing death, even to those that may deserve it or worse, consumes people. Fighting fire with fire... You become less of a person and more of a killing machine. All you know is how to do it effectively. How many times has this turned someone that fought for justice turned them into a monster, no better than those they kill? I believe there is a balance in life and death, but I do not think we should choose the death of our opponents." Johon replies, quietly, but firmly. "But back to the main point." Johon continues, now in a more official manner. "I am no master at magic by any means, and fear I do not have the knowledge or skill to perform such a task, but I believe there are other methods to specialize this sort of a weapon..." Johon says, taking out one last document. He unfolds it and lays it on the table between them. The diagrams are disconnected from one another and far more complex than the previous ones. There are many scribbles and notes written on the document next to the vague images. "The idea behind the weapon is that it can pierce through armor and would be useful for damaging practical, yet not vital, parts of the opponent." Pointing to one of the diagrams, Johon explains. "This is the main part of the weapon. It's an extendable blade, mounted on a vambrace. If I can gather the supplies and find a mechanic, I may be able to have it constructed. I've learned of a man with the name of Legonardo da Vinci. You haven't heard of him or his whereabouts have you?"

Johon remains silent for a moment, before responding to Jeaux. "I just have realized over the course of my life that bringing death, even to those that may deserve it or worse, consumes people. Fighting fire with fire... You become less of a person and more of a killing machine. All you know is how to do it effectively. How many times has this turned someone that fought for justice turned them into a monster, no better than those they kill? I believe there is a balance in life and death, but I do not think we should choose the death of our opponents."

"Whether they die by your hand or fate's the result is the same.". Johon's words stuck in Jeaux's mind. You become less of a person and more of a killing machine. Was this happening to him. He did not understand the barbarian's fear of taking lives as it seemed to defy any reason or rationale, perhaps becoming a machine in form had begun to change him into less of a person. Another thought also hovered in Jeaux's mind. Is that such a bad thing?

"The idea behind the weapon is that it can pierce through armor and would be useful for damaging practical, yet not vital, parts of the opponent." Pointing to one of the diagrams, Johon explains. "This is the main part of the weapon. It's an extendable blade, mounted on a vambrace. If I can gather the supplies and find a mechanic, I may be able to have it constructed. I've learned of a man with the name of Legonardo da Vinci. You haven't heard of him or his whereabouts have you?"

"I have heard of him, though I have not yet met him. He sent me the armor I am currently wearing via Z-Mail and evidence suggests he may be the creator of the form I currently possess. Last I heard, he was spending most of his time at the Ji-Pei palace. I was planning to head that way shortly after finishing our business with the Progg colony. Perhaps he might hold more insight into who or what I am."

Sarge walks into the hall, humming, drunk. Chugging the same crystal sovereign, he sits down on the same table as Johon and Jeaux and puts his feet up on the table.

Looking at Jeaux, he says: "I'll give yer *hic* 250 gold fer that Shield"

Edited by Pyrovisionary

Looking at Jeaux, he says: "I'll give yer *hic* 250 gold fer that Shield"

"That sounds like a fair deal", Jeaux said handing over the Serpent Head Shield.

Edited by joeshmoe554

Sarge hands the 250 gold over. After taking a final sip of the crystal sovereign, he looks at the empty bottle, shrugs, then throws it over his shoulder. Adjusting his leg and pegleg on the table, he reaches over to a neighboring table and grabs a half empty beer bottle. Before downing it he takes a look past his legs at the document. Noticing the hidden blade he nods, then takes a chug of the beer, and sighs. :drunk:"A Knife? On a glove? *Hic* That mate, would fail. :laugh: *Hic* Yer see right mate, yer see, that when yer went ter *Hic* stab someone, as yer do, yer see? *Hic*, the blade would just go back into it'self, *hic* cos of the... Whaddayacall it *Hic* Telescopics yer see?! *Hic* It's a knife on a glove *Hic*"

Edited by Pyrovisionary

Harold wondered where his half-empty beer bottle had gone. He glances over to the lizard-faced fellow, who is very quickly surrounded by empty and broken beer bottles. "No worry" Harold thinks, "Mine was half empty."

Harold wondered where his half-empty beer bottle had gone. He glances over to the lizard-faced fellow, who is very quickly surrounded by empty and broken beer bottles. "No worry" Harold thinks, "Mine was half empty."

Ooc: Contrary to my avatar, I'm this guy:9576873157_492775f320_o.jpg

Edited by Pyrovisionary

Noticing the hidden blade he nods, then takes a chug of the beer, and sighs. :drunk:"A Knife? On a glove? *Hic* That mate, would fail. :laugh: *Hic* Yer see right mate, yer see, that when yer went ter *Hic* stab someone, as yer do, yer see? *Hic*, the blade would just go back into it'self, *hic* cos of the... Whaddayacall it *Hic* Telescopics yer see?! *Hic* It's a knife on a glove *Hic*"

"Ahh, a sharp eye, I'll admit." Johon says, grinning. "But I realized that in one of my earlier ideas. This blade has a locking mechanism, so that should not be a problem. The only problem I fear is the extension itself snapping. It's one of the most delicate of pieces..." Johon says, now remembering his shard of mythril. "Hmm... I think I have an idea to fix that though..." Johon says, pulling the shard out. "I think with someone with the proper skills, this could work."

Sarge notices the Mythril, commenting. "I had. *Hic* a full shard o' that, whaddaya-call-it *Hic* Mythril, once. Put it into a shield *Hic* Then sold it to a Paladin for *Hic* a sword *Hic*" Sarge pulls out conspirator then stabs it into the table.

Edited by Pyrovisionary

"Another individual to contact may be the blacksmith in the Progg colony, if he was not one of the members taken of course. He mentioned experience crafting specialized weapons of destruction, and may have insight into how to build the contraption you are thinking of."

Edited by joeshmoe554

Em strides into the hall, looking around for a few heroes in particular: Sorrow, Elgar Gligin, and Grimwald Gijinko. "Since I have decided to go Warden, I will be paying you all gold for the Iron Knuckle Armour-- Is 100 each fair?"

Most people in the hall suddenly stop and look at the door; they could sense the door was about to break and they knew who would be responsible for it. They brace themselves for a loud entrance but, contrary to their beliefs, all they see is a gentle push of the door and a not-so-grand-looking hero walking in. Of course, the armour on said hero does make him look a little grand. Basically, that hero is Drake Flamerobe, entering the hall once more after a very busy couple of months an awesome mining-related adventure! Everybody carries on doing whatever they were doing before until they hear a door break!

"... I swear, it isn't me! That door is broken, I'm telling you all. Maybe Dak did it!" Drake exclaims, pointing at Dak accusingly.

"Says the guy who always kicks the door down when entering the hall, once fell in love with an enemy and managed to single-handedly get Castle Fortaan destroyed again because you made some deal with a wizard who forced me into your life. Honestly, you must of been thrown straight at the hardest thing in the world when you were a small baby. That's how stupid you are!"

Then everybody continues what they were doing again.

Edited by xxlrocka

I do not stop what I'm doing and I do not look at the door, because no one else controls my actions. I don't sense anything about the door and I neither care about nor care for whoever or whatever is there. I don't brace myself for anything because no one else knows what my beliefs about what to expect might be. Since no one else dictates my actions, I didn't stop what I was doing in the first place, therefore there's nothing for me to resume doing again.

Hybros entered the Hall with the brim of his hat pulled down over his eyes. He had been wandering the streets of Eubric after his meeting with the two Tritech scientists at their headquarters following the completion of his last quest. After countless hours in the Library looking at books about caves around Olegaia, there were no hints as to where he should start. There were thousands upon thousands of caves, tunnels and underground lairs to read about, which didn't give much more insight than before there was the possibility of drilling underground. He would need the help of an expert.

Worse, Jun Ji Pei had still not answered his letter from Grogmas. There was still snow on the ground outside so Hybros knew it couldn't have been more than a few months since he sent it, but even that was a long time. He wondered if the young aoi had simply forgotten about it, or was ignoring the imp.

He brushed some snow off his crimson cloak before choosing a seat next to Docken, the quiet and strange archer who he had known since one of his first quests in Heroica. "Hello there, Bartholomew. It has been quite a while, eheh... What have you been doing in this time?"

A new notice was also posted on the board:

For Sale: Dastan Dual Axes (WP:7, 1/6 chance to seal Dragons, dual-strike, axes) - see Hybros for negotiations.

Tarn strode into the Hall again, knowing that it would be for the last time. His Quest to find a lost book of fairytales had been successful. Ably complemented by Monk Pretzel and Arthur, they had helped Princess Ella Septrine find a piece of her heritage.

She had asked him to come back to Dastan with her, and he had accepted. He did not want to be apart from her any longer.

He pulled up a seat, ordered a beer, and waited for Arthur and Pretzel to return. He still carried items of theirs from the Quest that he needed to give back, and there were several item sin his inventory that he may not need anymore.

Hybros waited for Docken to respond, but he appeared to be staring blankly into space. "Must be AFK..." Hybros mumbled. "Hm?" He snapped out of his otherworldly stupor to notice Tarn pulling up a stool at the bar. Another familiar face. "Oh Noble Tarn, still not dead or at the mercy of the prisoners you let go? Heheheh..." The words were biting, but he said them with a sincere grin.

~A new quest has been posted on the Quest Board (#97 by Endgame)!~