kermit

MOC Huge Lion Knights Castle

This project began 2 years ago when I decided I needed a castle for my king and his men . It took 2 years mainly due to budget and the castle is still only 90% complete it would of been finished but I wanted to get some of the new 2011 sets that were out. It is very heavy around 10 pounds I think due to the base which I had to pack tightly so as to support the weight of the entire castle.

This is actually a smaller version of the original moc I made ........the original one covered four grey base plates but I had to reduce the size because i did not have enough pieces to complete it which brings me to some advice to those new moc builders..........despite the great mocs on here that are quite huge bigger does not always mean better and you have to work within your limits or else you will end up bankrupt...by reducing the size of my castle to the present one here i ended up with so many extra pieces left over that i was able to add details to the castle but overall just be happy with what you built because every moc is a great moc.

6030405849_ccd5937933.jpg

6030961958_7aed881b00.jpg

6030961984_bf214ec5b6.jpg

This is the front of the castle and as you can see I kept the drawbridge from the original kingdoms kings castle since it was already done perfectly with the only minor adjustments being made was making it a bit taller than the original to accommodate the size of the rest of the castle.

6030405923_70d8597f55.jpg

6030405939_3cc7f001c2.jpg

Here a dragon knight is trying to gather the gold and silver from the river.

6030406827_2f4af0c436.jpg

6030962032_c341148f5e.jpg

The other side of the castle ....I tried to put some large trees on both sides to break up the grey walls and also to give the dragon knights a way to attack ...the red studs are fruits.

6030962782_a0475cb417.jpg

6030962058_79ef860d8f.jpg

6030962828_550613e5d7.jpg

6030962848_4321fc5b25.jpg

The back of the castle ........the black gate is for the king to escape when the castle comes under attack and as you can see the king`s quarters is still incomplete but there is a throne, fire place and a table and i have not decided if to make the part below the roof another room or seal it off..........the original tower form the kingdoms kings castle was kept and I tried to make every part of the castle as assessable as possible to the mini-figures by either using stairs or ladders....the spider web was added to block off the stairs since I was running out of pieces and also to give the back of the castle a more dark and mysterious appeal.

6030961920_8d7b8b09da.jpg

6030962938_d094d0cee7.jpg

6030962878_47a6e06dda.jpg

6030406867_1c7e5c00ec.jpg

The interior of the castle ....I tried to make this castle self sufficient so I added a fountain for fresh water..........directly below the wooden stairs (not in picture) is the jail cell ...........the little room next to the drawbridge is a ware house for storing food supplies and the little steps lead to the top of that structure so that the mini-figure can activate the mechanism that lowers and raises the front gate ..........directly below the king`s quarters are the stables and next to it you can see the black smiths shop for making weapons.

Comments on my moc are appreciated

Edited by kermit

Nice castle!

The repetitive use or the arches has a nice systematic-symmetrical look to it. The front has a real umph feel to it - not a castle to be trifled with.

I like the tree... though if I was a dragon Knight (and god willing, I will be some day), I`d climb up it and hop over the rampart :grin:

Very cool castle, all the details are good. I like the protected throne room. But what's with the dragon knight wizard? Is that some sort of bar less cell? :tongue:

Very good castle, I love the variation from the throne room, the different colour really makes the castle pop, very nice

Very cool castle, all the details are good. I like the protected throne room. But what's with the dragon knight wizard? Is that some sort of bar less cell? :tongue:

That room is actually incomplete I wanted the lion knights to atleast have a wizard and he is the only only one i have so I guess you can say he left the dark side of the force. The bars are ladders so that the knights can reach the tower.

Nice castle!

The repetitive use or the arches has a nice systematic-symmetrical look to it. The front has a real umph feel to it - not a castle to be trifled with.

I like the tree... though if I was a dragon Knight (and god willing, I will be some day), I`d climb up it and hop over the rampart :grin:

The front wooden drawbridge lowers onto a ''concrete'' bridge that runs right through a guard tower but there was not enough room on the desk to display everything.

Edited by kermit

Very nice expansion of the Lion castle, I especially like the throneroom and the trees, which really add to the overall feel of it. Well done and I hope you get around to finishing it soon, together with the bridge and the tower you mentioned :thumbup:

But if I were a Dragon Knight, I wouldn't bother climbing the tree or trying to attack through the front gate - I'd simply enter a small boat and attack from the backside, which has a really weak point with that highly visible gate. Maybe you should conceal it a bit more so it's not that easy to make out anymore?

You've made a nice castle kermit! I love all those arches on the walls and cool interior behind them. :thumbup:

Dude, that's looking great! The front especially looks very imposing. :thumbup: The repeating arches on the side are a nice motif as well, but i can't help but think that 3 layers of arches (with the bottom layer having an arch within an arch even!) is visually a tad busy - also it looks a bit odd that you can look through the second layer of arches into the castle interior! :look: Perhaps 2 layers of arches with some arrow slits or mottled wall sections worked in might work better?

ps. Yr tree looks great too! :classic:

Dude, that's looking great! The front especially looks very imposing. :thumbup: The repeating arches on the side are a nice motif as well, but i can't help but think that 3 layers of arches (with the bottom layer having an arch within an arch even!) is visually a tad busy - also it looks a bit odd that you can look through the second layer of arches into the castle interior! :look: Perhaps 2 layers of arches with some arrow slits or mottled wall sections worked in might work better?

ps. Yr tree looks great too! :classic:

I see your point but the picture really does not do it justice and as regards to the opening where you can see through the castle well I did thought about sealing it but I realized that it would make the interior too dark considering how high the walls are but I do have to get some plats 4x4 plates to cover the studs.

A truly wonderful castle i'm sure any king would be happy with such a detailed fortress. I think it was wise to shrink it down, it gives it more of a medieval feel. Once again a great castle A++

Very cool MOC. I like how you used the PotC compasses as steps on the throne. Why is there a Dragon prison carriage in the courtyard?

The lion knights captured it while saving their fellow knight besides its the only one can can fit perfectly though the draw bridge and small enough to have enough room inside, I plan on mocing it out so that it will be the king`s carriage.