Hi all, I recently made a tiger minifig from a polar bear combined with a standard animal tail bone. Painted in yellow and black stripes. then sealed in varnish. If I have more polar bears I would love to customize black panthers, leopards and what not. .

tiger4.jpg

tiger.jpg

tiger8.jpg

the nose and eyes were picked out using very fine brushes

tiger1.jpg

Paired with the circus ringmaster from MF Collectorseries

tiger7.jpg

Now is that a worrying smile or a smile?

tiger6.jpg

!!! Insert Horror theme!

tiger5.jpg

Ok something less frigtening..just killed a goat..

tiger3.jpg

And the angry farmer comes with pitchfork..

tiger2.jpg

before I custom it look like this. Available from the year 2000 polar ice explorer series.

Polar_Bear.jpg

This moc is cetainly useful for me as i can add it to many vignette storylines. Hopefully Lego Group, or the other aftermarket companies comes out with more wild animals - the only ones are elephants, ostrich, camels etc.. we need animals like those found in duplo zoo!

That's a fantastic looking custom! Very realistic. From the side view, the base of the tail looks a little bulky, but that's my only complaint. I would love to see you try some other big cats too. :thumbup:

Absolutely brilliant work. I love the details in the eyes. I'm hoping you do more more big cats.

Love the paint application but it's a very fat kitty. Obviously spent too long in the circus truck. :laugh:

What type of paint did you use?

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller

Thank you all who commented so far!

- Inconspicuous - the base of the tail was the tail end of the polar bear. There was no way i could cut it off without possibly making the tail end loose. In the end i superglue the tail, and filled up the void with epoxy putty. Will take note when i start doing other big cats.

- Brickenhead Town dweller- hehehe I could always call it Garfield! I used tamiya acrylic yellow paint airbrushed on. And the black was done with Ashley ooo brush, tamiya black enamel paints (using cotton bud and enamel thinner to remove errors is easier). Nose details used Citadel paints brown and flesh( the small bottles made by GamesWorkshop for Warhammer 20K series)

That is really good nice thinking out side the box, really like it

sorry about the double post. How did you do the tail

Holy crap :O

That is one exquisite custom. The stripes were really applied very well.

-Omi

Wow, I'm really impressed with the extremely high-quality of the tiger prints, did you hand-print it? If so that's really very 'stable hands' of yours to do such detailed and highly-intricate prints. Great job! :thumbup: Now buy more polar bears and do some of the other big cats. :wink:

thanks guys for the comments so far. With the recent MF5 release i had some fun taking photos

zookeeper girl "bananas for the chimp"

DSCN7709.jpg

"drumsticks for the tiger"

DSCN7710.jpg

gladiator vs tiger

DSCN7711.jpg

the 'other' gladiator vs tiger

DSCN7712.jpg

This is soooo... wonderful.

Maybe I'll tr a panther one day, because they are just black without stripes :-) There is no chance that I will ever manage to get stripes as acurate as you.

Goodness, an AWESOME custom painted tiger...well this tiger is impressed for sure ! :grin:

Brick On Customize On 'Tomcat RIO' ! :wink:

That's one obese tiger! :laugh:

But seriously, this is great. I like how the white seeps through the yellow just like a real tiger, and the tail is well done too :thumbup: