Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

I don't know, I was expecting them at $20 each, so I'm happy with that. The mid-sized vehicles have been around $20 going back to when City first started.

The prices aren't bad at all, IMO, but three of the sets came in $10 each above what I was expecting. The Police Dog Van I was expecting at $25; Fire Plane at $50 and Forest Police at $70.

But $20 US comes to $25 Canadian which is too much. Good thing TRU always has sales on City sets at 20% off.

No, Barnes & Nobles sells at retail. In fact, if you pre-order, the price is reduced by 10%, so what is listed in B&N is 10% lower than the prices I posted.

*ding ding* Now that I can get behind.

The prices for the vehicles aren't too bad, but they're a bit steep everywhere else (namely on the police dog van and the new police station). What I'm mostly interested in is the vehicle sets (might have to get a couple forest police sets just to try them out), so the high-ish prices on the other sets don't really apply to me. I was actually half expecting the vehicles to be at $25 USD, but I'm relieved that they're lower.

Scholastic are publishing another Lego city story book in January......LEGO City: Fire in the Forest!

I wonder if there will be one on medical or mining later in the year ? :wink:

My thoughts on the pricing:

4208 - 4x4 Fire Truck - $19.99

4209 - Fire Plane - $59.99

4427 - Fire ATV - $5.99

Eh, I guess that's what we anticipated. $20 seems a bit high for that little Chibi fire truck. The plane is interesting, but not worth $60-- that's also got Costco holiday promotion written all over it, so maybe we can get it cheaper.

4431 - Ambulance - $19.99

4432 - Garbage Truck - $19.99

4433 - Dirt Bike Transporter - $19.99

4434 - Tipper Truck - $19.99

4435 - Car & Caravan - $19.99

This is perfect. TLG is clearly throwing us a bone, and trying to reel back in the City enthusiasts that aren't into the huge playsets. Great little sets at affordable prices, and personally I'm very appreciative of the effort.

4436 - Patrol Car - $10.99

4437 - Police Pursuit - $16.99

4439 - Heavy Lift Helicopter - $49.99

4440 - Forest Police Station - $79.99

4441 - Police Dog Van - $34.99

This is where you lose me, TLG... Every one of these sets seems about 20% too high! I can't believe that 4436 isn't $9.99, and $35.00 for the Dog Van, a little sports car and the mine facade??? WHAT?? Are there licensed Star Wars figs about to fall out of the windows of these cars?? Disappointing...

If you think that's bad, if it's 19.99 US then it will be up to 29 bucks AU.

I will only be buying the five vehicle sets....pass on the rest, except maybe the new police car ! :wink:

4439 - Heavy Lift Helicopter - $49.99

4441 - Police Dog Van - $34.99

I would like to make that helicopter in an army green or navy grey. It would look very nice. I also like the muscle car that comes with the Police Dog Van. 2012 will be another good year I think.

If these are accurate, I have to agree with the others. The five vehicles are perfectly priced - I was afraid they might be $25. The police and fire sets all seem over-priced.

Compare that police station to the current fire station. The fire station is the same price, but comes with two garage doors, while this set has none. The Garage doors are generally only in the $80+ sets, so they are expensive on the secondary market. Other than the new brick pattern 1x2 pieces and the bear, I'm not seeing anything super exciting as far as parts in this new police station. And while the new 1x2 brick pattern piece is interesting in theory, in execution it looks odd (but hopefully that will be corrected in final pics).

I'm thinking that these CITY sets are going to drop in priority on my want list (except the five vehicles - which I'll snatch up very quickly), and oddly enough the Friends sets are going to be high on my want list if the prices that were leaked are accurate.

I've never gotten a City set in my life. But that Lift Helicopter...hundred bucks says every kid's gonna be using it as a transport for their mismatched spacemen. I would. :laugh: Might just get it for a similar reason.

Sigh... at those prices, I'm probably limited to 2 of those vehicles. $20 is definitely NOT an impulse buy for me... or any kid. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that LEGO is targeted toward children. :tongue:

Will definitely be looking for these on sale! They would be great for TRU's BOHO sale.

Here, from page 11 of this thread. Hard to say whether the head is printed or not, but I suppose the eyes will be - that has been the trend with new animals, hasn't it? What is clear even now is that the bear is a completely new mold, not a recolour of the ice bear.

Wow! thanks a lot!! really new design nd new move pats! tha'ts coo! again thanks!

Scholastic are publishing another Lego city story book in January......LEGO City: Fire in the Forest!

I wonder if there will be one on medical or mining later in the year ? :wink:

Bring on the cypress tree and deer mold in that set :grin:

Pretty good prices on most of those. The old camper and recycle truck were $16. But these are also good designs.

Thank you for naming it garbage truck TLG, I just needed an excuse because I already have the Recycle truck and 2 is redundant but now that this is an official garbage truck it completes the city fleet for now :sarcasm:

the brown bear will probably be fetching $8 + on the aftermarket like the cows, but I am considering the whole set.

Man............. DEER!!!

What a missed opportunity... I'd kill for a couple of Lego deer, and they'd probably end up in the Winter collection (Santa!).

Also could've been a wonderful place to add a RACCOON to the Lego zoology.

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Is it just me or has Lego city moved to the country in recent years, the number of new train sets, a smaller train station, a smaller harbour, a woodland police station, vehicle sets indicating freeway/highway travelling......ambulance, roadwork & waste trucks, people on holiday or a day's dirt bike riding....things you find in the country.

If so we can only hope we get a roadhouse or similar in the future to join the vehicle sets, etc., together. :wink:

Man............. DEER!!!

What a missed opportunity... I'd kill for a couple of Lego deer, and they'd probably end up in the Winter collection (Santa!).

Also could've been a wonderful place to add a RACCOON to the Lego zoology.

That would be also nice, as well as a squirrel or chipmunk. :classic:

Is it just me or has Lego city moved to the country in recent years, the number of new train sets, a smaller train station, a smaller harbour, a woodland police station, vehicle sets indicating freeway/highway travelling......ambulance, roadwork & waste trucks, people on holiday or a day's dirt bike riding....things you find in the country.

If so we can only hope we get a roadhouse or similar in the future to join the vehicle sets, etc., together. :wink:

Yes that would appear to be the trend, I am hoping for a lakeside set or something. :laugh:

Edited by Macoco

Loving the Fire plan and lift chopper. I was really hoping the police would look more like rangers with dark green uniforms. Shame. Maybe the final product will reflect that...hopefully. Only one I might buy is the dirt bike transport though. World Racers wasn't really my bag and I'm missing the ol' Octan racing sets. The roadster in the K9 police set only makes me want to see more of the same.

Edited by Ignited_Impulse

I suspect "LEGO City: Fire in the Forest!" is going to be similar to the other small City books that include a single minifig plus accessories

I thought it would be a unimog based off the truck used in the new red cargo train.

truck used in the new red cargo train not properly equipped for the railroad. According to the regulations could not have ride on rail.

I have my own model with full equipment for riding and work on the railway.

Edited by EM4CZ

Anyone have any idea could those Friends sets' figures' hairs be removable? The male character's hair in the big 'dream house' set looks suspiciously much like the new usual male hair.

In that case there'd be a massive addition of new hairstyles, as the figures seem exactly minifig size.

Edited by Jemppu

Just had a look at the pictures. I'm loving that set with the dirt bikes, that looks a winner! I'll definately be getting the tip truck, that's one set that's been sorely missed with my work crew. I think that I might end up rebuilding it out of yellow bricks, as all my construction vehicles are yellow (except for the concrete truck). Originally, I didn't think much about the "Friends" theme, although the cafe might find its way into my lay-out. The jury's also still out on the new Ambulance; I think I might wait for a review before I make a final decision.

Would really love a Hospital....

Anyone have any idea could those Friends sets' figures' hairs be removable? The male character's hair in the big 'dream house' set looks suspiciously much like the new usual male hair.

In that case there'd be a massive addition of new hairstyles, as the figures seem exactly minifig size.

If you look closely at the first page of Friend's sets a picture of how one of these new figures go together.....YES, the hair is seperate. Also we can almost all agree that the Dad in the house set has standard minifig male hair.....actually quite realistic - bad hair piece or thinning hair (that's my problem - losing it on top ! :cry_sad::laugh: )

Plus it appears that road work/construction/public works/etc., orange is becoming the standard colour, but the ambulance should be green and yellow or at least have some of those two colours in it as an option - ambulances in the U.K. are yellow and green, in Oz green and yellow trim can be found on quite a few of our ambulance services.