XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Yes I'm pretty sure as I've seen preliminary pics of both battlepacks. *snip*

Prelimiary picture... i love the sound of that. When can we expect such to appear. Any toir fair anytime soon?

And in general - when do the winter wave sets usually become released?

Well I hope this helps you guys solve this "Shadow of The Empire" mystery.

Eh I dunno. Not a lot of people are going to buy sets from a 15 year old video game. Other than the Outrider what could they release?

I think the hint is that it's a PT set.

Eh I dunno. Not a lot of people are going to buy sets from a 15 year old video game. Other than the Outrider what could they release?

Yes, perfectly agreed. Aside from hardcore SW fans who own virtually every (written not painted) SW novel, few people even know who Dash Rendar or Prince Xizor is... And only a few more do want to get to know anything about them.

PT sounds way more realistic to me.

I'm failing to see how the hint says it's a PT set...

And maybe the special surprise is these "collectible sets" Mirander mentioned?

Edited by brickbuilder

Remember it's apparently a set that 'You'll regret missing' A Millenium Falcon rip off piloted by Not-Han Solo doesn't strike me as something that fits its description.

* I wouldn't mind seeing an Outrider (Hell, 6211 had it as an alternate model, so LEGO knows it exists.)*

I'm failing to see how the hint says it's a PT set...

And maybe the special surprise is these "collectible sets" Mirander mentioned?

I interpret the hint that it pre-empire. I don't think the 'Battlepacks 2.0' is that either.

Edited by simonjedi

Well I hope this helps you guys solve this "Shadow of The Empire" mystery.

Well in the Nintendo64 game we had the Outrider, Starviper's and Xizor's space station. Some characters we saw were Dash Rendar, Prince Xizor and Guri. I personally would like to see a Starviper with Xizor and Guri just like the action fleet one back in the day. :thumbup:

Lego can't do individual figures as Hasbro is the only company licensed to produce Star Wars related figures on their own - That's why we always get the 'throw away" vehicle in the battle packs.

I'm a bit disappointed by the rumoured change to the battle packs - Means you have to buy a lot more to build a decent army/squad and you might end up with a 'side' army you don't really want...

Kaitan

Very true, but we all know Lego lost their legal battle with Haspro at the beginning of the 00's what if they do it like Ninjago, those spinners would work well with Jedi's and Sith lords battling it out eh ? :wink:

On the BP front, Lego might be approaching them from a Kingdom's or city point of view.....one good guy and one bad guy or two of each in one box ? :wink:

Thanks for the pics, the TIE looks good and the days of $20 are gone, it is probably going to be $50.

Queen Amidala I can see in a Royal Starship, either chrome (unlikely but cool), probably metallic or pearl silver. Or what I would prefer is a Theed Palace Set with a new flash speeder. :thumbup:

also yes I agree and hope we see some new EP2 sets soon, new Jango Fett, yes!

EDIT: I read all 24 pages, the last bit being quite amusing and hilarious.

Thank you Capt. Kirk for sharing your info with us :classic:

also thanks Mirandir for the BP info and new "something concept".

I like the idea of going Kingdoms style in BPs 2G (second generation :grin:). Because if you buy two of each you have the same of buying 1 of each now, brilliant I think, because for kids they don't need to spend $20 to get one of each. Now just $10 and get two factions. I notice TLG is trending nowadays in two sides being featured in a set. The only downside is buyers who only want to buy 1 faction w/o getting the other, but oh well can't please everybody all the time.

About the new concept, sound interesting, I wonder what it will be. :oh:

as for the shadows of the empire hint, maybe it could be ESB or PT releated or anything empire related in general. However he specially said a can't miss or you will regret. I would never regret missing an EU set :snicker:.

Nor could I imagine the general consensus missing it either.

Bring on Cloud City Boba 2 :cry2:

Edited by Macoco

I don't know if anyone noticed but over on model building secrets she said that Padme is going to come out in the summer wave. :hmpf_bad:

Just as I thought well she will be well worth the wait. Also I hope they don't change the BP packaging to the pre built figures like they have with some of the other themes.

Edited by LEGOMAN132

Maybe I'm missing the mark completely, but I thought it was going to be something from the Original Trilogy. :wacko:

Another thought... since the battlepacks are now split into factions, could we possibly get two sets of battlepacks for the two main waves? Buying both the battlepacks gives us four different factions, but at the cost of extra minifigures.

If there were two sets of battlepacks, they could release the other half of the two battlepacks, e.g. the first wave has two Clones and battle droids, and the second wave has two different clones and droids.

As a LEGO employee you are free to propose your own project-ideas and that's something I have been walking around with for quite some time. I had something in my mind as a LEGO CONCEPT TOUR. Or a book that covers a particular year (released year after year). What do you AFOL´s think about that? Love to hear some reactions.

I would absolutely love to see a release like this. I love the DK books and enjoyed the 'behind the scenes' vignettes in both the Star Wars Visual Encyclopedia and the The Lego Book. I would love to see a 'Concept Tour' book and as a creative professional, I would enjoy reading about the creative process at Lego.

Edited by mrfootball

I'm gone a week and we already have 23 pages on 2012 in July. I love the new TIE, but the new Amidala fig is a no for me, I mean what can you do with it? You can't make an army of her.

Too bad there's probably only 2 pages worth of actual rumors and the rest are all hopes n dreams. :tongue:

I'm gone a week and we already have 23 pages on 2012 in July.

I know what you mean. You guys have evidently been busy while I was inactive. No comment on the argument from me.

Though 'brickdoctor' Alien Conquest have a large circular space craft so the basic frame work for a droid control ship would not be that impossible ! :wink:

Hard, yes.....mid-scale it would have to be....and with a removable sphere. :grin:

But that's a full circle, which is stronger than two curved arms, and it's a thin, skeletal circle, not a big, bulky one.

Well, conditioning is important. That's why Luke works on his cardio on Dagobah.

Though they could keep the new Jedi the same just to make him easier to recognize.

Who wouldn't want a huge bust of Lobot to look at everyday?

[snip]

If I don't get this I will regret it forever!

Which is why that was a joke.

Agreed. Plus we've already seen how well OT sets sell.

But that's a full circle, which is stronger than two curved arms, and it's a thin, skeletal circle, not a big, bulky one.

Ah, but doctor....I said basic frame work, it would have to be beefed up to look like a droid control ship ! :grin:

And thanks 'LOTF' for that picture, the Death Star trooper looks AWESOME, but why the older style head on the Imperial officer ? :wink:

Does a fig have to be an army builder to be any good? Honestly, you can't build an army of Luke Skywalkers either. And besides, we don't have any idea what kind of set she'll be in-- depending on the price, army building with it might not even be feasible if some type of trooper fig were included in Amidala's place.

As for what you can do with it, you can create scenes where Amidala was in that outfit-- something that had previously been impossible without heavy customization. So I welcome the new Amidala fig as a means of filling that vacuum.

I mean that my focus is on building armies not recreating scenes, so the fig is not so good for me but others will be jumping up and down about it.

now it's clear , the 9499 is a summer set , i can't buy it in winter :cry_sad:

january wave:

9488 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack $12

9489 Imperial Battle Pack

9490 $20

9491 $25

9492 TIE Fighter $50

9493 $60

summer wave:

9496 $25

9497 $25

9498 $30

9499 Naboo Royal Starship $70

9500 $90

9501 $120

9502 $140

So many rumors already.

I'll read through this entire topic when I get back from my vacation.

Then I'll see if my Bothan Spies can confirm any of this or not.

At least I'll be updating the first post of this topic from time to time with the latest rumors and confirmed rumors.

january wave:

9488 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack $12

9489 Imperial Battle Pack

9490 $20

9491 $25

9492 TIE Fighter $50

9493 $60

summer wave:

9496 $25

9497 $25

9498 $30

9499 Naboo Royal Starship $70

9500 $90

9501 $120

9502 $140

If the starship is $70 bucks then it's either MIDI scale with chrome pieces or it's the worst system scale set we've ever gotten.

If the starship is $70 bucks then it's either MIDI scale with chrome pieces or it's the worst system scale set we've ever gotten.

OR he could be making shit up. All we know for definite is that there's a New TIE with 4 figures, (No price yet) and Amidala will be in a set.

All this Battlepack and Royal Starship stuff is rumours.

OR he could be making shit up. All we know for definite is that there's a New TIE with 4 figures, (No price yet) and Amidala will be in a set.

All this Battlepack and Royal Starship stuff is rumours.

I don't even know if they could be called rumors. I think he's just going off the Amidala fig. As many well known members have said, that starship is highly unlikely to be reproduced in Lego, because of the chrome. Not sure about the BPs either. Whether that's a true rumor or just speculation on what will be in them. After reading the comments, it doesn't seem likely, because(I can't remember who) said that the BPs are taking on a new look and have both factions in them, he even added that he has seen pics.