XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I converted those prices to Canadian (by finding lego sets with those Australian prices and seeing how much they are in Canada)

Lego Saesee Tiin Starfighter 9498 $50

Lego Desert Skiff 9496 $35

Lego Old Republic Starfighter 9497 $65

Lego Fury Class Interceptor 9500 $120

Lego Malevolence 9515 $155

Lego Gungan Sub 9499 $85

Lego Jabba Palace 9516 $160

Well thanks to an Aussie toy retailers web site we have prices for the mid-year releases.....this chain will get their stocks from the 14/6 ? *oh2*

Remember those prices are in Australian dollars....we are generally dealer than other countries. :hmpf_bad:

If the planet sets are usually 10 dollar/euro, I'd say just divide the price by 1,6 and you should be pretty close to the actual US/European prices:

Jabbas Palace - 140

Malevolence - 125

Fury Class Interceptor - 90

Gungan Sub - 70

Old Republic Starfighter - 50

Jedi Starfighter - 40 (this seems unlikely though)

Desert Skiff - 30

Surprising that the Palace appears to be as expensive as the Millenium Falcon while the Malevolence "only" costs as much as a Republic Frigate. Fury Class at 90-100 is a bit steep too, if you compare it to the Podracers. The Old Republic Starfighter would be way overpriced as well at 50 bucks. Gungan Sub being as expensive as the Sith Infiltrator makes sense, Skiff and JSF should be 30$ sets.

Well, I'm just happy my only must-buy set (the Malevolence) is seemingly cheaper than expected.

Lightningtiger, could you provide some of the prices of recent sets for comparison? How much are small sets like Ewok Attack or Dathomir Speeder in Australia?

Come on guys keep to talk about sets, not money.

Want those 2 old republic ships, I hoe they still doing the rumoured TFU sets.

I hoe they still doing the rumoured TFU sets.

What rumored TFU set would that be? *huh*

And I'm actually hoping for more TOR sets, later on :wub:

Regards,

Mitch

I finally got the Lego S@H catalog. I can't believe that there releasing Ceremonial Leia with a Y-Wing. :damn: A Y-Wing!!! I was hoping for another book.

I finally got the Lego S@H catalog. I can't believe that there releasing Ceremonial Leia with a Y-Wing. :damn: A Y-Wing!!! I was hoping for another book.

We knew about that since we got the first set descriptions. :wink:

Is the "Felucian Fighter" set the Fury-class Intercepter, or is it another set?

Edited by Legoman273

Want those 2 old republic ships, I hoe they still doing the rumoured TFU sets.

And I'm actually hoping for more TOR sets, later on :wub:

I've been hoping for more sets of TFU after the first, and it has never happened, so I'm not going to be holding my breath for more TOR sets, unless these fly off shelves, which is unlikely considering the prices. Now that the prices have, more or less, officially been announced, my chances of building a Sith/Republic army went out the window. :cry_sad: Maybe these preices are innacurate, but that seems pretty unlikely. I can always hope, though.

@CF WeaZZel: The 'rumored TFU set' would be the Felucian Starfighter. :wink:

GOD! YOU MUST SEE THAT!

Awesome version of SW movie made shot by shot!

EDIT:I didn't wanted to make another topic for this.

Edited by MakutaNocturn

I'm really looking forward to a few of Next years sets, they look like they've got some potential. Jabba's Palace is probably what I'm most looking forward to, but lets just say I sincerely hope they do a lot of work on the prelims of The pic's we have Haven't ( :blush: ) seen..

Not so intrested in many of second wave, But I'll wait for the official pictures. I'm now just egerly awaiting the release of the TIE and Endor BP locally, a few of each of those won't go a miss :thumbup: The Y-wing looks good too.. But I had actually quite liked the last one, so we'll see. Hopefully it goes on a decent sale, Along with Ani's Interceptor and those Planet sets :laugh:

Edited by Legoman

I converted those prices to Canadian (by finding lego sets with those Australian prices and seeing how much they are in Canada)

:sick: < this emicon does not describe it enough, there needs to be a throwing up one :sceptic:

Well thanks to an Aussie toy retailers web site we have prices for the mid-year releases.....this chain will get their stocks from the 14/6 ? *oh2*

Wait, the Skiff is $50? And how can Jabba's Palace possibly be more expensive than the Malevolence?

Okay, these prices are awful. Every set (except for planet ones) appears to have been inflated by $20-30, and something is seriously wrong with Jabba's Palace...

I've been hoping for more sets of TFU after the first, and it has never happened, so I'm not going to be holding my breath for more TOR sets, unless these fly off shelves, which is unlikely considering the prices. Now that the prices have, more or less, officially been announced, my chances of building a Sith/Republic army went out the window. :cry_sad: Maybe these preices are innacurate, but that seems pretty unlikely. I can always hope, though.

@CF WeaZZel: The 'rumored TFU set' would be the Felucian Starfighter. :wink:

I really hope the prices are mistakes, it seems overpriced even for Australia.

I forgot, do we know exactly what the "Felucian Starfighter" is? I don't recall one being in the first Force Unleashed and don't own the second, so I don't know if it's from there, either...

My guess is it's probably something from The Old Republic, but I know very little about it so it's probably the wrong time period or something for that.

Just noticed that the British price for 10225 is listed now:

UCS R2D2 Fig

Figs: XX (XXX)

Price: ? EUR / ? USD / 149.95 GBP

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Interesting, hopefully it's a bigger scale of R2-D2, maybe using the dome piece from Obi-Wan's Starfighter?

I forgot, do we know exactly what the "Felucian Starfighter" is? I don't recall one being in the first Force Unleashed and don't own the second, so I don't know if it's from there, either...

My guess is it's probably something from The Old Republic, but I know very little about it so it's probably the wrong time period or something for that.

No, we don't know what it is, but at a guess I would say that it might be an Imperial starfighter from TFU from Felucia. I do own the second game and no, there is not a mission to Felucia. I think that the Felucian Starfighter was probably a translation mistake for the Fury-class starfighter, though. Although if the Felucian Starfighter is an exclusive for TFU, I will be overjoyed! :sweet:

Wait, the Skiff is $50? And how can Jabba's Palace possibly be more expensive than the Malevolence?

Okay, these prices are awful. Every set (except for planet ones) appears to have been inflated by $20-30, and something is seriously wrong with Jabba's Palace...

I really hope the prices are mistakes, it seems overpriced even for Australia.

I too share your sentiments regarding the prices. I am hoping with all my heart that either the prices have been massively inflated by that Aussie shop or that the pictures we have seen so far are really preliminary and the final versions of the sets will be a lot different.

I know the fans have been talking a lot about wanting a Jabba's palace but I think what people meant was a decent UCS style one. The one we have seen looks like Lego read the boards and put something together quickly to make some fast cash. The reason why this set has got so many minifigures is probably because Lego knows that the palace is horrendous and they're trying to sweeten the fans up.

By the way Lego, if you're reading this, the criticism comes from a guy who has always taken a positive view on your past SW creations. My main LSW collecting interest is minifigures and as far as those are concerned I can't complain at all but the state of the summer sets is that bad (and prices that ridiculously high :sick: ) that I couldn't stay quiet.

I expect that the Summer 2012 wave will have slightly inflated prices as usual, but not in the range of a 20-40% increase like we're talking about here. I predict that the Skiff will be ~$30, Malevolence ~$80, with Jabba's Palace rounding it out as the most expensive, ~$100.

It's also strange that we haven't heard or seen anything further regarding the upcoming R2-D2 and B-Wing, even though we've seen images of next summer's wave already. I'd love to know what next summer's exclusive sets will be too.

Interesting, hopefully it's a bigger scale of R2-D2, maybe using the dome piece from Obi-Wan's Starfighter?

Ummm, an R2 using a 4x4 dome as a head would cost about $5...

Ummm, an R2 using a 4x4 dome as a head would cost about $5...

License markup. :classic:

(Just joaking :wink: )

Edited by Legoman273

Any thoughts?

It's in that awkward price range where I think it'll be underwhelming. I would have preferred a $300 R2 that was a good size then a $150 R2 that's not big enough.

Edited by StoutFiles