XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Just a thought: maybe Lego is pushing out so many different minifigs because they're running out of new sets/ships :hmpf:?

Except for CW, I can't think of much stuff they haven't done yet.

That argument's been floating around for quite some time now. It's one reason why many claim that THE Clone Wars was responsible for saving the license.

You'd be surprised how much hasn't been covered, either due to obscurity or the fact that it wouldn't work well as a toy. I've been clamoring for an SPHA-T for years, and of course everybody wants a 327 Nubian...

@Lyichir: The reason The LEGO Group hasn't touched old sets like the bongo or the Flash speeder in years (and I swear I've said this before) probably has something to do with the fact that they wouldn't work well in LEGO. I believe that with the parts available, it wouldn't be possible to design a bongo or Flash speeder that wasn't blocky, and given that expectations have risen (however slightly) such an approach wouldn't meet standards.

Then again, anything is possible.

Edited by fallenangel309

So do we know if the Jabbas palace will be a big set? I would love a 3000+ jabba palace set :) :) :) :laugh:

Would be nice with something like the harry potter street (alley) but for star wars. I think there is way to many spaceships every year. My kid loves the cloud city and sets like that, somewhere for all the figures to be and the spaceships to land on. Even better would be the old style with "add" sets, buy 1, add 1 more, add 1 more and so on...

There's LOTS of stuff to reissue, but I can't think of many models that haven't been produced yet.

Padme had lots of ships that could be made as sets - problem is, all those curves are hard to translate into Lego and it would be costly for them to chrome the pieces. Personally, I'd be happy if those ships were made in a grey metallic colour instead, as long as they make them.

That argument's been floating around for quite some time now. It's one reason why many claim that THE Clone Wars was responsible for saving the license.

You'd be surprised how much hasn't been covered, either due to obscurity or the fact that it wouldn't work well as a toy. I've been clamoring for an SPHA-T for years, and of course everybody wants a 327 Nubian...

@Lyichir: The reason The LEGO Group hasn't touched old sets like the bongo or the Flash speeder in years (and I swear I've said this before) probably has something to do with the fact that they wouldn't work well in LEGO. I believe that with the parts available, it wouldn't be possible to design a bongo or Flash speeder that wasn't blocky, and given that expectations have risen (however slightly) such an approach wouldn't meet standards.

Then again, anything is possible.

While it's true that standards have risen, in my mind that's even more of a reason to reissue. When the Bongo was first released, there weren't even any curved wedges, and it shows. I doubt they could make a perfect Bongo, but since LEGO has undergone so many paradigm shifts since the original (such as the addition of curved slopes and the removal of the old hinges), they could no doubt do one that is closer to the actual ship.

But anyway, this is kind of getting off topic.

the stormtrooper face is useful for Janjo, Boba, clones etc

nice touch to already a neat fig. :thumbup:

Edited by Macoco

I don't have anything against reissuing sets, as long as there is some palpable improvement with the new set in relation to the older one, like with the #7144 Slave I and now the current issue #8097. But honestly, the differences between the X-Wing #6212 with the future #9493 seem to be minimal at best - just using different minifigs is NOT an improvement in my eyes.

I don't have anything against reissuing sets, as long as there is some palpable improvement with the new set in relation to the older one, like with the #7144 Slave I and now the current issue #8097. But honestly, the differences between the X-Wing #6212 with the future #9493 seem to be minimal at best - just using different minifigs is NOT an improvement in my eyes.

No, you're thinking of 4502 to 6212. 9493 and 6212 are substantially different. Let me find the post...

So you choose to overlook:

- slope bricks that give shape to the rear fuselage and do a much better (though still less than ideal) job of covering up the worm gear mechanism than the god-awful job you see on 4502 (though to be honest, anything is preferable to that sloppy Technic mess)

- Non-printed greeble behind the droid socket (it's about time!) and Artoo put in sideways*

- Slightly larger wingspan and engines that are more accurate and fleshed out, with different (possibly new?) pieces used for thrusters

- Inverted bottom wings and more effectively integrated S-foil mechanism (though click hinges would have been preferable)

- 3-wide nose that is noticeably shorter in height relative to the nose on 4502, also possibly being less studded

- Roomier (and boxier) cockpit without a trench run screen and with SNOTed sides that are plates and tiles instead of wedge bricks (i. e. thinner "armor" :tongue:).

- Flatter bottom

@Macoco: Unfortunately (and I'm assuming that we all want more detailed and accurate minifigures) Boba's jumpsuit is a very light bley around the neck and Jango's is a sort of lavender. On the new head, it is black. :sad: I replace Vader's head with a solid black one for the same reason.

It would be great for clone troopers, though.

Edited by fallenangel309

I stand corrected then :thumbup:.

When I asked about the differences some weeks ago I didn't get much feedback, so I inferred that there weren't many differences - basically different minifigs. But from your list the new X-Wing is a true step forward.

Cool!

When I asked about the differences some weeks ago I didn't get much feedback, so I inferred that there weren't many differences - basically different minifigs.

I take it you haven't seen a side-by-side then?

Just a thought: maybe Lego is pushing out so many different minifigs because they're running out of new sets/ships :hmpf:?

Except for CW, I can't think of much stuff they haven't done yet.

I doubt that very much. There are loads of ships and iconic buildings that Lego hasn't made into sets.

I still wonder to this day how it is possible that the Jedi Temple hasn't been made into a set. It also presents a perfect opportunity to include some cool Jedi minifigs.

wow the new one looks much sleeker. I was going to skip this one but I have readied it after your post. But to think Lego is running out of ideas for new ships. Take the Imperial V-Wing for example. That ship saw all of 3 seconds of air time in ROTS. But the ship saw action a lot in the Dark Horse comics. Newer fans might not be familiar with new ships if TLG decides to go into the EU era. A prime example is the Tie Crawler, which I remember didn't sell well and didn't last a year on the shelves. TLG probably wants to stick with the classics that everyone is familiar with rather than taking a risk into KOTOR or EU.

Yep, here are some of the different views of the Sandtrooper!

The back printing is nice, but the back of the helmet looks a bit too unnaturally clean.

That's quite a difference. Less tan and more white is definitely a good thing.

Looks like I'll be buying the X-Wing. :classic:

Edited by Delta 38

If that was posted after I joined I totally missed it... :sceptic:

But whoa! notworthy.gif

The 9493 looks a LOT better then the 6212! I can't be happier about not getting the 6212 (I almost did a couple of weeks ago). The new one is definitively a big improvement over it's predecessor, so if Lego keeps up the improvements (like what they did with the X-Wing), there is a lot of sets that would benefit from a face lift of this caliber.

The new sets can be pre-ordered at www.amazon.de and www.amazon.it now.

Let's hope Lego website or Amazon UK will bring them out soon. I can't see the pre-order pages but does it say what date the shipping is?

Let's hope Lego website or Amazon UK will bring them out soon. I can't see the pre-order pages but does it say what date the shipping is?

http://www.amazon.de/LEGO-Star-Wars-9488-Commando/dp/B005KISG3K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323807342&sr=8-1

February 4th 2012.

But I think the sets will be available via Lego online sooner.

Edited by Brickadeer

Ah, has anyone considered the fact as Lego are launching a whole new set of themes that the new Star Wars sets might be left until February ? :wink:

That might be another reason why the Star Wars sets haven't appear yet even just one or two on the S@H site like some of the city, Ninjago and brand new Super Heroes have popped up there. :wink:

I doubt that very much. There are loads of ships and iconic buildings that Lego hasn't made into sets.

I still wonder to this day how it is possible that the Jedi Temple hasn't been made into a set. It also presents a perfect opportunity to include some cool Jedi minifigs.

Because there aren't a whole lot of play features available there. It'd be a hard sale.

It'd sell better, of course, if it was full of cool Jedi minifigs, but that would go against TLG's tried and true method of dispersing figures across all the sets available so that you'll buy them all to get all the figures you want.

Ah, has anyone considered the fact as Lego are launching a whole new set of themes that the new Star Wars sets might be left until February ? :wink:

That might be another reason why the Star Wars sets haven't appear yet even just one or two on the S@H site like some of the city, Ninjago and brand new Super Heroes have popped up there. :wink:

It would make sense not to release everything in January and as you say the whole wave hasn't turned up in TRU or Lego US as of yet for any of the lines.

I also think staggering the releases will help my wallet greatly :wink:

Sorry don't want to bore you guys to death but I just added about 40+ HR images of almost all the new sets to my BS image gallery

all pics are 2400+ pxl.

Sample........

g_9490_detail_5_800.jpg

c_9495_detail_1_800.jpg

Galleries just cleared!!!!!!!

besides that enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by grogall