KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Just got 75054: AT-AT. It's a great set and goes well with my 4483. It's too bad the interior is lacking detail and playability. The trapdoor's kind of lame... Otherwise, I love the set. It's fun to put the legs in a walking or crashing position.

Now I'm debating whether to get 75049: Snowspeeder or not. I already have 7130, 4500, 7666, 8089, and 75014. I think it's finally time to say no.

@Moon_Knight

I picked up both the 75054 AT-AT and the 75049 Snowspeeder last week (The first Lego set I've bought since I was into the 1999 stuff as a kid) and while I was blown away by the AT-AT, The Snowspeeder is nice but nothing that the previous iterations don't offer.

... But then again, for completions sake ;)

On topic post:

I've jumped back into Lego Star Wars again with two feet, and in addition to the two mentioned, I also picked up 75019 AT-TE, 75021 LAAT, a few battle packs, and loads of loose bits off eBay. I'm putting together a Phase 2 212th squad with the LAAT and AT-TE, with General Kenobi and Commander Cody, and a small unit of Phase 2 41st with General Yoda, and Gree with some scouts on BARC Speeders.

My last Star Wars purchase was the new V wing starfighter since I had $30 bucks to spare and I was at Target , I also havent gotten any new LEGO sets im like 5 months so it was an easy pick for me

I've been busy building my most recent purchases! Tomorrow I plan on starting the SSD xD. Will post more pictures when I have everything completed. Spent all day today doing the Imperial Shuttle and I have to say it's my favourite piece so far.

GFcpy7W.jpg

v4SnYQH.jpg

u50aUlO.jpg

I've been busy building my most recent purchases! Tomorrow I plan on starting the SSD xD. Will post more pictures when I have everything completed. Spent all day today doing the Imperial Shuttle and I have to say it's my favourite piece so far.

*Picture snip*

Wow, VERY awesome! I built the 10212 a few weeks back and loved it. Had some frustrating moments, especially with regards to putting the landing gear on for the non-flight mode display, but otherwise it's an awesome set that was fun to put together.

Just a few minutes ago, FedEx delivered my 10221 SSD. Oh my god these last five hours of work are going to be a bear! As I work from home, the box and sealed bags are calling out to me "Put me together. You know you want to. Forge work. If you're fired, you'll have more time to spend with me. Ignore work and put me together!" I have to ignore those pleas and can only browse through the MASSIVE instruction book and look at the bags in Box 1 as that is the part of the build I plan to work on today. Tomorrow will be Box 2, and Sunday will be Box 3 when I need to then figure out where the hell I'm going to put this thing. Haha. Would love to build some small shelves on the corner of a wall in my office and have the ship angle across the corners on the shelves. Would be really cool looking. For now, I think it's going to reside on the dresser in my bedroom.

@Jdurg .. Yes I built the 10212 yesterday and I had a couple frustrating moments with the landing gear also just to realize it's an optional piece depending on how you position it! lol. Today I took a day off from building to let my fingers recover and to take care of some other things. Tomorrow I plan to wake up early and start the SSD. Definitely a grail piece of mine (along side the MF which I will likely never be able to afford) lol. I just had to open it today at least to take a look at how many boxes and to at least assemble the minifigs. I live in an apartment and my room is super small so I have no idea where I'm going to put mine either! I still want to pick up Ewok Village, X-Wing, R2D2, and Sandcrawler this year and I'm out of room as it is, no idea where I'm going to put it all lol :(. Perhaps it's time to invest in some shelving too (if I can find room for it). Let me know how the build goes and have fun!

Well I can't seem to stop buying lately...

Bought some used sets of kijiji I got

7146 tie fighter 4479 tie bomber 7655 Darth Vader's TIE Fighter 7749: Echo Base 8083: Rebel Trooper Battle Pack 8084: Snowtrooper Battle Pack, 75014 battle of hoth, 9492 tie fighter and was going to get 9500 but guy wanted 150 dollars... Wasn't going to pay that then went on Sears found 9500 on sale for 95 dollars each!

Finally finished building the SSD today. My god to my finger and thumb tips hurt. Haha. It was a fun build, though at times it did have a bit of repetition with the greebling and smaller parts, and the final builds of the outer covering was pretty monotonous. Still, the instructions were easy to follow despite being massive in size, and there wasn't a huge number of unique parts so it was pretty easy to sort out each bag as it was being built.

Seeing the completed set in person, it is MUCH larger than any photos can make it out to be. Wow! I now have it in my bedroom on top of the horizontal dresser in front of a mirror, so I'm able to see both sides. It's an incredible set and very well worth the price.

Finally finished building the SSD today. My god to my finger and thumb tips hurt. Haha. It was a fun build, though at times it did have a bit of repetition with the greebling and smaller parts, and the final builds of the outer covering was pretty monotonous. Still, the instructions were easy to follow despite being massive in size, and there wasn't a huge number of unique parts so it was pretty easy to sort out each bag as it was being built.

Seeing the completed set in person, it is MUCH larger than any photos can make it out to be. Wow! I now have it in my bedroom on top of the horizontal dresser in front of a mirror, so I'm able to see both sides. It's an incredible set and very well worth the price.

Glad you're enjoying it. I just finished Box 1 today. Hopefully I can do the other two boxes before Tuesday! Massive indeed, taking up the entire width of my desk

Got a couple new figs t add to the collection.

1x 2010 AT-AT Han Solo

1x 2014 ISD Vader

2x 2014 Chewie

1x 2013 Slave Leia

1x Max Rebo

1x 2013 Jek 14

1x Darth Revan

1x 2014 Pilot Luke Skywalker

Well some how found myself on ebay.. Got the desert skiff for 17 dollars and tie intercepter for 35 dollars both used not to bad prices

Opened my birthday gift from my wife this morning... 10236 Ewok Village! :excited: ...either my memory fails me or I just never looked closely enough at the figures before, but I was thrilled to notice TLG finally gave Luke dark tan hair! I had just replaced the hair on my Desert Skiff and Rancor Pit figures, too. Can't wait to start building!

I have 550 US dollars in Lego credit, and yet here I am buying a retro set. Got the Battle of Endor set (8038).

I know we hear a lot about how people can be huge suckers for Hoth sets, but I am a huge sucker for Endor sets. I do not yet own the Ewok village, but I'll probably buy a couple this October when there is tripple points. And yes, I have the UCS Shuttle ;)

A big haul this month: 9500 Sith Fury-class intercepter, 75050 B-wing, 75052 Mos Eisley Cantina, 75054 AT-AT, the 9493 X-Wing, Palpatine's Arrest, Darth Revan poly and The Tumbler. My collection's starting to look respectable now!

Just acquired the Battle on Saleucami (Basically only to get Commander Neyo) and the Droid Gunship (Because Battlefront II).

Both are pretty good builds, though the STAP in the former didn't go together properly, and the BARC is lower-quality due to trying to incorporate the new spring-shooter into the front. Still, I got it for Neyo, so I'm satisfied.

The Gunship is pretty accurate, and nicely detailed, though the bombing gimmick isn't fantastic, the pilot is a normal B1 instead of a pilot droid, and it's undersized, not much larger than its contemporary Republic starfighters. Certainly, the Headhunter would outsize it entirely if I got one. Also, Chewie still has the classic Castle crossbow. Why. Still, it has functional landing-gear, appropriate weapon systems, and it looks great on a shelf, so I'm happy.

Not sure what I want to get next.... Some OT stuff would be nice, I only have an A-Wing from there (Unless the IMperial V-Wing counts), at least in a state that counts as "Built", but its so overpriced (The new Snowspeeder is ridiculously expensive), I'll probably just go for more PT stuff.

Just found a really great deal on BrickLink for a set I wanted to get, as well as a nice used set to get a module I wanted.

Was able to pick up the 7754 - Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser set for only $79.00! When released, this set cost $109.00 and the one I got is new and sealed in the box. Very happy with this pick-up.

Also picked up the Dagobah X-Wing set used. It doesn't have instructions, minifigures, accessories, and is missing some pieces from the ship, but the main reason I got it was to get Yoda's Hut. That is fully complete and all the instructions are available online. I calculated that BLing the individual parts would have cost me nearly the same amount, so getting the incomplete set for $60.00 is worth it as it will give me a bunch of spare parts to use in MOCs if I desire.

I'm just most excited about getting the Mon Calamari set for such a great price. Just have to hope that the seller doesn't come back and say "Oops, we're out of stock and I was too lazy to have updated my store." As the store showed multiple copies in stock, I figure that's not the case. Can't wait to get the invoice and make the payment. Friday is pay-day so I had to pick up something. Hehe.

The Target's in Atlantic Canada are selling the new 75055 ISD for $105 CAD, it's regularly $150, so I bought it in an instant. It is great price for it.

Posted Yesterday, 08:55 PM

The Target's in Atlantic Canada are selling the new 75055 ISD for $105 CAD, it's regularly $150, so I bought it in an instant. It is great price for it.

Online or only in store?

Is it a sale or you think they made a mistake on the price?

Thanks