lightningtiger

MEGA-MOC - Shopping Centre

A mall this size, you mustn't forget a Lego Store :classic:

UNCLE ! :facepalm:

Again, yes....yes.....I'll put in either a toy department in the front of the Target or expand again with another Toyworld store that would happen to have a Lego sale on ! :cry2:

Just let me do some more work to the Target customer service area, flooring and the newspaper kiosk across from the Target. :innocent::head_back:

More later on today....keep on watching ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

Dam, I forgot to ask a question....the entrance to the Target will be tiled white, but should it tiled white 2x2 or 1x4/8 tan tiles to look like timber flooring or pastel coloured plates to look like carpet for the rest of the store ? :look:

Edited by lightningtiger

Dam, I forgot to ask a question....the entrance to the Target will be tiled white, but should it tiled white 2x2 or 1x4/8 tan tiles to look like timber flooring or pastel coloured plates to look like carpet for the rest of the store ? :look:

1x4/8 tan tiles to look like timber flooring gets my vote. Looks great and brick on lightningtiger!!!

~LCM

1x4/8 tan tiles to look like timber flooring gets my vote. Looks great and brick on lightningtiger!!!

~LCM

Some Target stores do use this kind of flooring, but cost is a dollar a length either 4 or 8 long and 50 2x2 white tiles is only 10 bucks....I'll have to calculate and measure up the areas and see, but everyone can still have their say.

Thanks again 'LCM' for your input......Brick On everyone ! :grin:

I'm simply in love with your shopping center. :wub: It looks wonderful, even in the WIP stage!

I like your Target logo design a lot. I'd have had trouble coming up with that. And all your shops and stores... :cry_happy:

I look forward to watching your progress! Simply superb.:angel_sing:

And on the subject of flooring for Target... I think that white would look just fine. And if it's more affordable, then you can do more in your stores.

Thanks 'cralegoboy' for those kind words and comments, oh that Target signage or the actual Target ha,ha...will be double...yep, another one made to go outside in the carpark on a monster outdoor sign advertising the shopping centre and a convex section of wall where the the circles are now to display Target and I might even make a smaller Target symbol too ! :grin:

So that's one vote for timber look and one vote for white glossy ceramic tile look.....come on everyone you can have your say ? :wink:

Keep on watching ! :wink:

Okay, thanks 'icy brick'.....I actually went to a modernized Target today - the pathways between departments and around the checkouts are tiled white or white-ish and the departments use timber flooring, but then again money talks - the lack of money that is ! :cry_sad::blush:

Now some fresh views, speed hump in the driveway now !

0000_1_shopping_centre_049.jpg

0000_1_shopping_centre_050.jpg

Keep those comments and ideas comming please.......keep on watching ! :grin:

I hope TLG hires you, Lightning Tiger... I hope so much they do it! :thumbup:

You bring all the classic town flavour using nowadays techniques, and it just look brilliant.

Brick on, my friend! :thumbup:

Thank you 'Artifex' for your kind words, I won't be able to make any more improvements to the whole creation until Tuesday....public holiday tomorrow so Toy Corner is closed and I need flooring (tiles).

But keep those comments, ideas and suggestions rolling in - thanks ! :classic:

For the food court, I'd like to have a McDonalds & a neighbouring KFC!

Hmmm, KFC.....yes, I'll look into that either in the foodcourt or out in the car park near a service station. Thanks 'BrickWild' for your input, keep them comming everyone ! :sweet:

I was looking your new mannum town centre this morning and thought how this would look beside the new mannum.

I know, I know you said this will be outskirts of the town with the ford dealership, but trying to make your mind change you could expand your town and put railtracks go behind the shopping centre. Plus put blue baseplates to areas where no tracks or road etc. Just hope :)

Edited by icy brick

Now 'icy brick' the plan is the old town centre stays where it is, across from the bank will now be the Ford dealership, then just past that this mega-creation of mine. The train track I'll worry about when I enter the next Railshow in 2013.

Keep those comments etc., comming in ! :sweet:

Wow, that's some progress you are making.

I like the Target. Those windows are really cool.

Also a nice idea for those speed bumps. I only wonder if they are not too high.

Thanks for the comments 'Man with a hat', actually the speed hump is modelled on a few I have driven over where people can walk over the top of just like a walkway. Money is tight at the moment so improvements will have to be made in sections and patches, but there will be another update in the next 10 hours....fingers crossed. :blush:

Comments etc., still welcome.

Sorry, I have to let you all down today.....no work done on it today, tomorrow (S.A. time) I be back on the case. Also I'll be going over some of New Mannum's buildings.....some of the latest (a few months old designs/redesigns) might have to go or be merged together or something just to save space and parts too ! :blush:

Keep on watching ! :grin:

Now it's been a while between drinks on this particular creation of mine, I have started the redesign of the shopping centre. On the right side of the mall starts at the Vodafone kiosk, then the Lowes menswear store, next Katies ladies fashion. On the left side on the mall the Mister Mint key cut/shoe repair kiosk, the Coffee Club, then Target. Only the right side has begun, any suggestions or comments feel free as always ! :wink:

I'll try and get some fresh photos up of the changes tomorrow (11th Aug.)....Brick On everyone ! :grin:

Looking forward to seeing what this becomes! Great work so far, and I love the details!

Thank you 'slovakiasteph' for your kind words, I'll be working on the Target today (at sometime - work comes first, gotta make the money for more Lego....oh, actually to pay my car rego).....keep on watching ! :wink:

The chemist is moving out of the shopping centre and moving next to the police station in a duplex building - one side chemist, the other doctors rooms....hey, they get sick in my town too ! :tongue: They must know me too well ! :iamded_lol:

Your shopping center looks great,dont forget to add a lego shop. :laugh:

Ah, the rebuilt Target will have a Lego sale in it in the front of the store.

Tomorrow, I'll try and get back to this MOC, sadly I have been on the sick list again. :sick:

Keep on watching ! :wink: