r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

50 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Also, I expect a lot of rehases just like happened with Series 14: zombie (series1), witch (series2), crazy scientist (series4), werewolf (series4), etc 

I do agree with you on this. 

13 minutes ago, Karalora said:

I get people having specific tastes in CMFs. I do myself. What I don't get are people acting like any CMF which doesn't meet those specific tastes is a "waste" and shouldn't have been made.

Not everything is about you, you know?

Although, I have a very very enteral taste, I do agree with you. I don’t underand why some people say “waste” or something like that. 

6 hours ago, Karalora said:

I get people having specific tastes in CMFs. I do myself. What I don't get are people acting like any CMF which doesn't meet those specific tastes is a "waste" and shouldn't have been made.

Not everything is about you, you know?

I honestly like the idea of themed series for one special reason: While for normal series you usually have 2-5 minifigures you like, in a themed series there is a higher chance it is either none or most of them. So it makes more sense to either buy a complete series or none. 

For the space series there is a good chance for minifigures I will like, like classic spacemen - but also I didn´t buy every Alien other space minifigure from normal series. If it were a castle series, it would be even more likely that I would be interested to getting most of the minifigures. Or historic ones in general.

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I dislike themed series for this very reason. What are people who doesnt collect SciFi stuff going to do with the upcoming Space series? 

Uh, the same thing same thing I’m doing with the current Marvel series – not buy any?

Seriously, 2/3 of the CMFs for years have been licensed. What’s the difference between switching from 1 general series and 2 series for different licenses you may or may not like to 1 general series, 1 unlicensed themed series you may or may not like, and 1 licensed series you may or may not like? 

5 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I honestly like the idea of themed series for one special reason: While for normal series you usually have 2-5 minifigures you like, in a themed series there is a higher chance it is either none or most of them. So it makes more sense to either buy a complete series or none. 

Themed series are especially good in the era of boxed CMFs, since it cuts down on the frustration of not being able to fondle out the 'figs that you want. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

What’s the difference between switching from 1 general series and 2 series for different licenses you may or may not like to 1 general series, 1 unlicensed themed series you may or may not like, and 1 licensed series you may or may not like? 

I hope that this is what we get going forward (1 general, 1 licensed, 1 themed). 

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Seriously, 2/3 of the CMFs for years have been licensed. What’s the difference between switching from 1 general series and 2 series for different licenses you may or may not like to 1 general series, 1 unlicensed themed series you may or may not like, and 1 licensed series you may or may not like? 

While it is not true that there have been 2 licensed and one unlicensed generally (and it might depend to what you are counting inhouse-licenses such as the Lego Movie anyways), for instance we had two normal minifigure series just last year. I generally agree with you that I would prefer themed series over licensed. At least themed has a higher chance to have many minifigures that interest me than licenses do.

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Themed series are especially good in the era of boxed CMFs, since it cuts down on the frustration of not being able to fondle out the 'figs that you want. 

Exactly my thought.

I hope that this is what we get going forward (1 general, 1 licensed, 1 themed). 

I said back when the rumours of a themed Space series came out that I would hope for that. However it seems less likely now, that we see it is just part of a space theme spanning several of legos themes - and while that might work with Space, I hardly see them doing the same with Castle or Pirates. However if the space series is a success they might just do a themed CMF series without other themes - at least that is my hope. I really want to get an Castle CMF series ;).

10 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I said back when the rumours of a themed Space series came out that I would hope for that. However it seems less likely now, that we see it is just part of a space theme spanning several of legos themes - and while that might work with Space, I hardly see them doing the same with Castle or Pirates. However if the space series is a success they might just do a themed CMF series without other themes - at least that is my hope. I really want to get a Castle CMF series ;).

I’m not sure I’d take castle/pirates/historical themes entirely off the table when it comes to crossing over with other in house themes. Living history exhibits are a thing after all, and I’ve been in castles and aboard sailing ships that have featured docents in period costumes (to say nothing of ren fairs) - you’d really only need to add some information sign and amazed tourists to make something like that compatible with the current City and Friends lines. You might not be able to rope Technic in like they have with the current Space wave, but one of the Space branded Friends sets is a camping diorama with a night sky and telescope, so there’s already ample of wiggle room for how this multi-theme subtheme works. 

Edited by Accio Lego

16 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m not sure I’d take castle/pirates/historical themes entirely off the table when it comes to crossing over with other in house themes. Living history exhibits are a thing after all, and I’ve been in castles and aboard sailing ships that have featured docents in period costumes (to say nothing of ren fairs) - you’d really only need to add some information sign and amazed tourists to make something like that compatible with the current City and Friends lines. You might not be able to rope Technic in like they have with the current Space wave, but one of the Space branded Friends sets is a camping diorama with a night sky and telescope, so there’s already ample of wiggle room for how this multi-theme subtheme works. 

Well to be honest, sure they could make an medieval market (a modern one in this case where people are just dressed like that) or a castle as a museuum. But how likely would that be? I basically see zero chance for that happening. More likely they would make a themepark with themes attractions or something like that. But the most likely option I am seeing for getting a themed castle or pirates cmf is it just beeing by itself.

23 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

6 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Well to be honest, sure they could make an medieval market (a modern one in this case where people are just dressed like that) or a castle as a museuum. But how likely would that be? I basically see zero chance for that happening. More likely they would make a themepark with themes attractions or something like that. But the most likely option I am seeing for getting a themed castle or pirates cmf is it just beeing by itself.

A single CMF for the whole castle theme is barely enough!!! They could even do many castle sub-themes!!! LOL

9 minutes ago, hikouki said:

A single CMF for the whole castle theme is barely enough!!! They could even do many castle sub-themes!!! LOL

Well of course not. But it isn´t like it would need to have any minifigure. I mean, if you look at licensed Series they can´t make every figure they would want to either.

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

Perhaps Lego should just start making battlepacks for certain themes...

Imagine a mining minifig battlepack that could bring us a successor to the rock monsters from 2009, that is something I would pay good money for

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

A castle/pirate/space-temed CMF AND battles-cks are GREAT ideas.

45 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Imagine a mining minifig battlepack that could bring us a successor to the rock monsters from 2009, that is something I would pay good money for

Or Rock Moster form Rock Raider in early 2000s. 

On 12/9/2023 at 2:53 PM, Accio Lego said:

This - We already got Pirates and Space roller coasters and a space-themed fairground ride in City, so I can see something similar for Castle (and Pirates again) in the future. 

On 12/10/2023 at 7:28 AM, Black Falcon said:

But the most likely option I am seeing for getting a themed castle or pirates cmf is it just beeing by itself.

Both themes have enough popularity for a CMF to sell even without cross-theme synergy, so I can see this happening as well. LEGO has to know by now that a Castle CMF would sell insanely well, considering how many army-builders there are! 

15 hours ago, hikouki said:

Unless they make new designs that are exclusive to the packs, I am not sure that these would sell particularly well (since existing parts are available on PaB); also, they would need to be priced such that the packs are a better deal overall compared to just buying the exclusive elements on PaB. 

15 hours ago, hikouki said:

"Go back to making", rather than "start making"! There were many such packs released up to about a decade ago for in house themes (especially Castle). They started to disappear around about the time that CMF took off.

29 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Unless they make new designs that are exclusive to the packs, I am not sure that these would sell particularly well (since existing parts are available on PaB); also, they would need to be priced such that the packs are a better deal overall compared to just buying the exclusive elements on PaB.

When they used to do them, I don't think they sold that well, or alternatively LEGO got the numbers wrong and didn't sell as many as they thought they would. Battle packs used to be very easy to pick up cheaply at the end of their run.

29 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

One of the upcoming Ninjago sets features a $10 set with four minifigures, so something like that could work. If not, they could always try and include new animals alongside them, like a giant, rideable scorpion for a wasteland figure pack

I just did some math, and using PaB average prices for Castle torsos, legs, helmets, armour, swords, etc; a Castle battle pack with one knight, one soldier, one archer, one horse, and a barrel with some extra weapons comes out to $19.58.
This would translate to at least a $20 set (since the cost of instructions and packaging also needs to be factored in); I am not sure how well a set like this would sell, since most builders want more soldiers and archers than knights, and because the heads would need to be swapped out to prevent an army of clones. 🫤

Itemised list: 
Horse (Saddle, Lance with Flags): $8.46 
Knight (Armour, Helmet with Plume, Sword, Shield): $4.10 
Soldier (Helmet, Spear or Axe, Shield): $3.32 
Archer (Helmet, Bow, Quiver): $2.51 
Barrel (Axe, Spear, Sword): $1.19 

19 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

One of the upcoming Ninjago sets features a $10 set with four minifigures, so something like that could work. 

That is probably because the cost of such a set is subsidised by the prices of the other sets in the line (both villains are not exclusive, and Lloyd is absolutely appearing in a larger set later in the year); this would not be the case for Space/Castle/Pirates battle packs, as those themes just get single large D2Cs. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

6 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I just did some math, and using PaB average prices for Castle torsos, legs, helmets, armour, swords, etc; a Castle battle pack with one knight, one soldier, one archer, one horse, and a barrel with some extra weapons comes out to $19.58.
This would translate to at least a $20 set (since the cost of instructions and packaging also needs to be factored in); I am not sure how well a set like this would sell, since most builders want more soldiers and archers than knights, and because the heads would need to be swapped out to prevent an army of clones. 🫤

Itemised list: 
Horse (Saddle, Lance with Flags): $8.46 
Knight (Armour, Helmet with Plume, Sword, Shield): $4.10 
Soldier (Helmet, Spear or Axe, Shield): $3.32 
Archer (Helmet, Bow, Quiver): $2.51 
Barrel (Axe, Spear, Sword): $1.19 

PAB parts are I guess more expensive than the same parts would be in a set, not sure how much though :classic:

14 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

PAB parts are I guess more expensive than the same parts would be in a set, not sure how much though :classic:

Obviously, since LEGO needs a way to make a profit off of selling individual parts; that said, I do not think that there is any other official source for parts’ individual prices that I could use to calculate the price of a hypothetical Castle battle pack. 

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Well first of all you would wonder how many people don´t know that PAB even exists - there is simply a difference between having them online or also avaiable in stores.

3 hours ago, MAB said:

"Go back to making", rather than "start making"! There were many such packs released up to about a decade ago for in house themes (especially Castle). They started to disappear around about the time that CMF took off.

Well they didn´t really ever disappear, they are still making them for instance there were some for the Harry Potter theme the last years - however they stopped doing castle themed ones when they stopped doing castle - matter fact the last Castle theme we got in 2013 had only two sets released in 2014 - both were Battlepacks. But without a theme I hardly see them doing battle packs.

Obviously, since LEGO needs a way to make a profit off of selling individual parts; that said, I do not think that there is any other official source for parts’ individual prices that I could use to calculate the price of a hypothetical Castle battle pack. 

I think one of the main reasons for the higher price of PAB-Pieces is simply the fact that you have to pay the people running around and sorting your parts actually ;). 

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I just meant that a pack like that probably would be closer to 10 than 20$ :classic:
I would not say no to a raven knight one first with barding for the horse included :wink:

Here are my guesses for the space series.

Likely

• Spyrius’s Major Kartofski (The first minifigure with leg printing and first robot minifigure)
  • Classic Space Figure in a new color (Continues a trend)
  • A real world astronaut or scientist
  • Alien Conquest Clinger (A unique figure from a past theme that has a lot of play value)
  • Retro Space Girl (to pair with the Retro Space figure from CMF 17)
  • A costume figure

Less Likely, but Possible

• Ice Planet’s Doctor Kelvin (The first female minifigure to appear in Space sets, I would have said likely but the trans-neon orange color complicates things)
  • M-Tron (Beloved theme, but no named characters so it might be hard for non classic space fans to understand what the figure represents)
  • Blacktron (Beloved theme, but previously referenced and likely to appear in upcoming rumored black spaceship set)
  • Space Police (Beloved theme, but there has been a recent figure, still we could maybe get a SPIII gangster or SPII green and red figure?
  • Rock Raiders (Beloved theme, but the upcoming City Space sets have crystal mining astronauts already so this might be too similar)
  • Insectoids (Insect themed aliens would definitely stand out)

8 minutes ago, playgood said:

Likely

• Spyrius’s Major Kartofski (The first minifigure with leg printing and first robot minifigure)
  • Alien Conquest Clinger (A unique figure from a past theme that has a lot of play value)
  • A costume figure

• Ice Planet’s Doctor Kelvin (The first female minifigure to appear in Space sets, I would have said likely but the trans-neon orange color complicates things)
  • M-Tron (Beloved theme, but no named characters so it might be hard for non classic space fans to understand what the figure represents)
  • Blacktron (Beloved theme, but previously referenced and likely to appear in upcoming rumored black spaceship set)
  • Space Police (Beloved theme, but there has been a recent figure, still we could maybe get a SPIII gangster or SPII green and red figure?
  • Rock Raiders (Beloved theme, but the upcoming City Space sets have crystal mining astronauts already so this might be too similar)

Knowing TLG, they will certainly add another classic space figure and a costume figure. Some SPIII stuff on the other hand is something that would be a dream come true for me

8 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Well first of all you would wonder how many people don´t know that PAB even exists - there is simply a difference between having them online or also avaiable in stores.

Well they didn´t really ever disappear, they are still making them for instance there were some for the Harry Potter theme the last years - however they stopped doing castle themed ones when they stopped doing castle - matter fact the last Castle theme we got in 2013 had only two sets released in 2014 - both were Battlepacks. But without a theme I hardly see them doing battle packs.

I think one of the main reasons for the higher price of PAB-Pieces is simply the fact that you have to pay the people running around and sorting your parts actually ;). 

Those new HP, Ninjago, and Marvel battle packs you speak of are not like the old ones he's referring to.  The new ones aren't as nice as the old ones.  Battle packs now are basically small sets with figs in them like the star wars droid pack.  But hopefully if we do get some kind of battle packs they come with at least 4-5 figs like they used to like the dwarf one or skeleton one from the fantasy era of castle.  

9 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

That too, definitely! 

9 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I think that most if not all army-builders know about PaB, or at least about BrickLink (whose sellers know about PaB). 

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I just meant that a pack like that probably would be closer to 10 than 20$ :classic:
I would not say no to a raven knight one first with barding for the horse included :wink:

No shot we get barding in a $10 (or even $20) set, sadly! 

3 hours ago, playgood said:

Likely

• A costume figure

I would put Kartofski in “Maybe” and Alien Conquest Clinger in “Unlikely”; Ice Planet, M;Tron, and Blacktron II are almost certain. I doubt that we would get Rock Raiders, as we could only get one of the characters (I would rather see a full remake of the cast in the future), and I am 50/50 on Zotaxians (either UFO or Insectoids). 
I would add the Sea-Tron astro-diver and alien to “Likely”, since the theme has a decent following among the Space fanbase. 

3 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Knowing TLG, they will certainly add another classic space figure and a costume figure. Some SPIII stuff on the other hand is something that would be a dream come true for me

I think that SP3 is too recent for LEGO to remake for the CMF - What could they do to update and improve the Minifigs aside from giving Brick Daddy printed legs and a cane (and maybe a fur collar if they change his headpiece)? 🫤

4 hours ago, playgood said:

Likely

• A costume figure

I'd add Alpha Draconis