Blacktron

Some Blacktron I MOCs

Hey guys,

I got back into collecting Lego last winter and created some Blacktron I, Space Police I and Exoforce MOCs since that. In this thread I'd like to show you the Blacktron I creations. Hope you like em. This line was my favorite Lego Line in my childhood and I still love them. I wish Lego would do a Blacktron III line. I would prefer this over the new Alien Conquest line.

BlacktronAttackWalker.jpg

BlacktronAttackWalker2.jpg

Blacktron Attack Walker based on the old grey Walker from the early 80s.

BlacktronObserver.jpg

BlacktronObserver2.jpg

Blacktron Observer, based on the Futuron Spaceship.

BlacktronAssaultVehicle.jpg

BlacktronAssaultVehicle2.jpg

Blacktron Heavy Assault Vehicle - own creation.

BlacktronAssaultMech.jpg

BlacktronAssaultMech2.jpg

Blacktron Assault Exo Suit - own creation.

Pretty neat Blacktron builds, I like the Heavy Assault Vehicle the best - it really looks one mean and nasty heavy-duty machine. Well done! :thumbup:

The heavy assault vehicle is by far my favorite of these ones. It's unique, intimidating, and yet still simple enough to fit in with classic Blacktron sets.

I have to admit that I missed out on Blacktron completely. I first started collecting LEGO around 1995, when the current bad guy faction was Spyrius, and only got my hands on various Blacktron parts through yard sales and other pre-owned LEGO purchases. While I still have a soft spot for Spyrius, though (I mean, how can you not love flying saucers and robots?), Blacktron remains the essential Space bad guy faction, and I had very much hoped for Blacktron to make a grand return in some form before Space Police III ended (perhaps something like this).

the exo suit looks cool. But I get annoyed by lack of mobility, even though it makes sense since it is a blacktron MoC.

The vehicle is just great, those big guns really make sense and the blocky design of the front just fits. They also look like a scary army. I wish I had more blacktron torsos.

Blacktron assault vehicle is definitely the coolest of them all! It would be cool if you add some like drop pods or lift off pads to where they can be transported from the back of the vehicle, now that would be cool. Keep up the great work!

Hello,

and welcome to these fine boards! :classic:

The models you are showing to us here are really great additions for the Blacktron I series. :classic: They easily fit into any classic space diorama. Very well done. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Seeing that old Light & Sound ship in Blacktron colours is pretty cool. The Blacktron minifigs are still my favourite of all space minifigs, and the colour scheme is too awesome.

I really like your Heavy Assault Vehicle, but it's just a little too square at the front. Maybe some wedge plates to break it up a bit. Nice work.

Thanks very much for all this feedback, the welcome greetings and for your suggestions. :classic:

the exo suit looks cool. But I get annoyed by lack of mobility, even though it makes sense since it is a blacktron MoC.

I think the same way. With more modern bricks this could be much more mobile and poseable. But I've tried to keep it in the classic way. It's pretty oldschool, but I have to admit, I would prefer more joints.

Blacktron assault vehicle is definitely the coolest of them all! It would be cool if you add some like drop pods or lift off pads to where they can be transported from the back of the vehicle, now that would be cool.

Cool idea. :thumbup:

I have to admit that I missed out on Blacktron completely. I first started collecting LEGO around 1995, when the current bad guy faction was Spyrius, and only got my hands on various Blacktron parts through yard sales and other pre-owned LEGO purchases. While I still have a soft spot for Spyrius, though (I mean, how can you not love flying saucers and robots?), Blacktron remains the essential Space bad guy faction, and I had very much hoped for Blacktron to make a grand return in some form before Space Police III ended (perhaps something like this).

I copletely agree with you. :thumbup: When I first saw the Blacktron torso in the Space Police III line and the space villain, I really thought this would be a teaser for a new Blacktron line. But now Space Police is finished without any new Blacktron releases. I have a longterm plan to collect the complete Space Police III line and build my own Blacktron enemies fraction. I've already collected lots of the Space Villains badguys from the minifigures assortment. It's just a matter of saving money and collecting bricks to realize this idea.

Vehicle is in my opinion the best, so I agree with few comments above mine about that except, although I respect your choice to go with simplicity, I would still add a detail or two on the vehicle, especially on the floor plates around the gunners, to cover brick "humps", but hey, that's just me. Keep up the good work!

Blacktron 1 has to be my favourite minifigs from the space range, I remember them well, so much better design than the Blacktron II. (Although they were still cool.) I really like the space ship and the assualt vehicle. I always thought of the Blacktron 1 figures as the 'heavy' troopers as oppsoed to the Blacktron II being just the normal run of the mill type guys. That Assault vehicle goes well with that theme.

Those all look fantastic! I've always thought of Blacktron to be the "Borg" of LEGO Space, so it's exciting to see old classic sets assimilated like that.

I can really appreciate your "old school" building style- I build very much the same way. It can be challenging with all those shiny new parts lying around!

I'm looking forward to seeing more in the future!