Bonaparte

Napoleon and his army

Bonaparte,

You could be living in the French speaking part 8-| .

Ofcourse I have been to Waterloo Ive been there 4 times now the first time as a Dutch-Infantry line Drummer and after 2nd and 3rd time as Fuselier of the Dutch Line and the last time as a KGL Rifleman.

The Sharpe series look nice but they are in some ways rubish. The South Essex, wich is the core army in the serie, never existed. The Battles are sad 20 against 20 that is rubbish.

Ther stories are nice the uniforms are good but its not always historical correct.

This is a nice gallery which can help you designing uniforms

http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital...&level=2&tword=

The pictures are coming soon, I need the perfect place to take the pictures beacuse of the light.

Regards

Voltigeur

I did some more recruiting for my French army.

They will soon form the 6th and 7th "regiment of the line" once I have made the flags and eagles.

They don't have their muskets yet but are eager to go the the battlefield.

I plan to make a new thread in the future showing better pics and some action pics of my French and British armies.

new-recruits.jpg

And this is a picture of my completed Imperial Hussar regiment:

imperial_hussars.jpg

And this is a picture of my completed Imperial Hussar regiment:

I very much like it ......

I did some Napoleonic modelling in the youth and still do own some material from this time. So if something is needed maybe I can help ...

Today I wondered if it's possible to build up some Austrian soldiers (yes I'm from the other side) from this time and googled a little bit around to get some base material (MOC pictures).

What I can't see from the pictures is what you did use for the hats of the husars???

andreas

Lookin' nice!

So, Lord Bonaparte, could you please remind me again how many figs you're trying to collect before we see the best 19 century battle scene on the web in its entire fullity?

What I can't see from the pictures is what you did use for the hats of the husars???

Andreas he has used 2 lego tires as skin hats. I think they are the smallest ones.

Voltigeur

Lookin' nice!

So, Lord Bonaparte, could you please remind me again how many figs you're trying to collect before we see the best 19 century battle scene on the web in its entire fullity?

Howmany? Good question. My french army is reaching a good size but I'm still buying a lot.

Today I bought these on ebay. I will still expand it.

In parallel I'm building my English army and that's also reaching a nice size.

This is a picture of my riffle company as it looks today:

rifle-company.jpg

This is a rather long term project, but by next summer my armies should be ready to rule the world as no lego army did before >:-) .

My problem is that I'm not only buying stuff for my English and French armies, but I'm also building a black falcon army, building a frigate, buying castles and adventurers sets. I should maybe focus on 1 thing instead.

I very much like it ......

I did some Napoleonic modelling in the youth and still do own some material from this time. So if something is needed maybe I can help ...

Today I wondered if it's possible to build up some Austrian soldiers (yes I'm from the other side) from this time and googled a little bit around to get some base material (MOC pictures).

andreas

Welcome to the forum Andreas!

Your ideas would be more than welcome.

Like Voltigeur pointed out, the busbys of the hussars are made from 2x 3641.gif and 3x 4073.gif.

Woah, big pic! This should help you resize thos pics :-) http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...?showtopic=6809 . 3rd Figure to the right, is that a top hat or the shako? I would dear hope so it is a top hat. Though, i'm not too fond of the two tires, but nonetheless it looks rather good.

Napolean, your army is impressive...most impressive. You must have spent quite alot of muhlah on it!

Nice decals. I look forward to cheching out the brickshelf folder, but it is not moderated yet. And yes, it looks like he modded a top hat.

I used not like overly large pictures but I recently switched to using Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, and it seems it automaticly scales down big pictures for me. 8-| *y*

So Bonaparte, that english army is looking good, but will you scarp "The battle of Jena" and make a battle scene between the French and English becuase you already have a bunch of those or will you attemp making Prussians? Or will youjust make a Frnech Camp or something of the sort without enemy troops? Or do you have no idea yet?

Hey, my post count is my username backwards!!!

The decals look nice, I forgot to say. Did you use a dremel or nail file on the top hat?

Yeah, for some reason, the big picture on my screen became small?? I use MF btw.

The decals look nice, I forgot to say. Did you use a dremel or nail file on the top hat?

Yeah, for some reason, the big picture on my screen became small?? I use MF btw.

I've resized the pictures after having seen the big output ....

The decals can be found on brickshelf later on.

Yes it's a top hat which I've moded with a rasp.

I forgot to say that the decals are mainly based on

http://www.napoleon-online.de/html/oesterr...ndwehr1809.html

(around the time of the battle of aspern)

Andreas

First simple trial:

img_1548.jpg

Landwehr ... although hat should be black

Voltigeur of the infantry

Landwehr banner waerer

cuirassier ... austrian helmet is rather different but black

more pictures can be found at:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/woody64/Napoleonic/

Which colours would you recommend to coulur the hat

andreas

I think the rasped hat looks good. Very creative...

Its a good match for some of the hats used by the Austrian Landwehr.

Some other Austrians seem to have a shako, busby or bicorne.

Are you from Austria Andreas?

Or do you have any special reason to focus on the Austrian army?

I like what you are doing, since I haven't seen any Lego Austrians soldiers before.

As soon as your brickshelf folder is public I shall add your torso designs to the torso library

I found this picture of Prussian 4th Life Hussars:

huss.jpg

and Prussian Landwehr Infantry:

land.jpg

So Bonaparte, that english army is looking good, but will you scarp "The battle of Jena" and make a battle scene between the French and English because you already have a bunch of those or will you attempt making Prussians? Or will youjust make a French Camp or something of the sort without enemy troops? Or do you have no idea yet?

I'm only doing French and English for the moment.

So I can recreate some battles on the Peninsula or some parts of Waterloo (before the Prussians arrived).

But my English army has just 33x line infantry (red imperial guard), 10x Riffle, 3x officer. I need to buy buy buy :-) ...

Yes I'm from Austria.

Andreas

Aha, the Austrians have a great history.

And the army during the napoleonic wars had some beautiful uniforms.

Do you have plans to recreate the Austrian army with Lego (not just a few men, but a real army)?

Asome, UHH, ONE QUESTION THOUGH, HOW MUCH WOULD THAT COST????? :-D

Mmmmmm, a lot.....

But I don't care :-D

I will soon add 2 more regiments of imperial guards.

The eagles are painted, but the paint is not dry yet.

By "regiment" you mean how many minifigs? I usually deal with squads, platoons and companies. Or do you mean just the color bearers?

Mmmmmm, a lot.....

But I don't care :-D

I will soon add 2 more regiments of imperial guards.

The eagles are painted, but the paint is not dry yet.

By "regiment" you mean how many minifigs? I usually deal with squads, platoons and companies. Or do you mean just the color bearers?

By a regiment I mean 20 line infantry (Imperial Soldiers) and 1 officer.

I give them a regimental flag and an eagle.

Of course a real regiment had more than 20 soldiers, but these are Lego regiments ;-)

I have added 2 new pictures to the first post to show my Napoleonic army as it looks today.

Still with a crappy camera, so sorry for the bad quality.

I will have a more professional camera next month, so I can take some better pics.

looking good there bonaparte! Thats a faily big deterent to keep my shipmates from landing on french shores.

I can see it all play out i my head...

Cap't: "Alright laddies get in the boats, we're goin ashore to cause some trouble!"

Crewman#1: "Uhm, beggin yer pardn sir but ain't that part of France guarded by General Napolean?"

Bosun: " belay that sailor! No talkin to an oskerfer without permission!"

Crewman#2:"Yar Sam be right! That there Napoleans got at least 6 regiments at his command!

Bosun:"Silence! yer survy dog!"

Crewman#1:"MUTINY!!! get em boyos!"

Cap't: "c'mon there cant be more than 200 of them!"

Crewman#2:"Time for a keelhauling there Capt'n!"

I have added 2 new pictures to the first post to show my Napoleonic army as it looks today.

Still with a crappy camera, so sorry for the bad quality.

I will have a more professional camera next month, so I can take some better pics.

It is a great to see all those minifigs as an army, 247 men... Wow... How much did it cost?

I stopped calculating because I don't want to feel bad ;-)

My plan is to raise 4 more line regiments (80 men excluding officers). I already bought 10, so 70 to go.

I have invested a lot in my English army at the end of 2006 (this army now counts about 150 men) so I'm trying to keep a promise to myself and not to expand my French army at once.

My plan is to raise 4 more line regiments (80 men excluding officers). I already bought 10, so 70 to go.

I have invested a lot in my English army at the end of 2006 (this army now counts about 150 men) so I'm trying to keep a promise to myself and not to expand my French army at once.

Do you have any picture updates of what you've got so far?