Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

Zactown

Starting this topic off with just one photo, so in future any additions or changes to Zactown will appear here except the motorcycle shop since that's already up and running.

zactown_99.jpg

I'm still working on the post office and above it is the crook's hide-out....an empty office space.

Of course, New Mannum will steam on and more to come in Zactown.....so comments always welcome and keep on watching ! :wink:

Thanks 'Fuzzylegobricks' for your comments, I have a bit of work to do on the inside of the bank and also the hideout for the crooks.

More tomorrow and keep on watching ! :grin:

The Bike shop looks great along with the bank and the post office. I'm certaintly looking forward to seeing progress in the future default_classic.gif

Oh and one thing, might want to turn the post box arround so the person behind the desk can open it and recive the letters with out having to go outside

Thanks for the reply 'The Red Brick', I choose not too install the mail box into the building, figuring that modern post offices handle mail but not sorting it.

Anyway, I'm also thinking of making a snack bar.

Brick On ! :grin:

I like it! I already commented on the bike shop, which looks great in classic style, and your idea of a post office bank-style is very clever. It would be great to see the classic red (or yellow) delivery van around the post office... :thumbup:

Well done on incorporating the bank in and I'm liking the symmetry with the post office, the hideout is convenient for the robbers, they don't even need a getaway vehicle :laugh: A scene with the robber being chased by the police across the rooftops would be cool. Nice :thumbup:

Ah, you read my mind 'CptMugwash'.....plus thanks for your comments also thanks to 'Artifex' for your comments.

Now after seeing what 'Michael S' has done makes me won't to tell a story, better plan a story then eh ? :wink:

Pity we don't have a contest for such a thing ? :wink:

More to come....so keep on watching ! :grin:

Nice. How old is Zac the Lego maniac?

Heh, I'd totally forgotten about those commercials. :) Nice start to the city... how old is he? My little ones get the most fun from the Police sets... Something about trying to get away with causing trouble exists in little boys from a very early age!

And the Motorcycle Shop right next to the bank is just asking for trouble...

Thanks 'dr_spock' and 'Michael S' for your comments, my son is 10 going on 11 in May....minifig customiser and collector he is mainly....though he does like building sets but after 15min. he hands it over to dear old dad....but I don't mind. :classic:

More being done tomorrow....spent the last few hours painting some of parts of the house.

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Thanks 'dr_spock' and 'Michael S' for your comments, my son is 10 going on 11 in May....minifig customiser and collector he is mainly....though he does like building sets but after 15min. he hands it over to dear old dad....but I don't mind. :classic:

More being done tomorrow....spent the last few hours painting some of parts of the house.

11 May??? I was born 11 May!!! Turning 32 in 2011.

Oh, Zac was born in May - not 11 May... Anyway, Taurus power FTW! :thumbup:

And, LightningTiger, please keep the updates on Zactown coming!

11 May??? I was born 11 May!!! Turning 32 in 2011.

Oh, Zac was born in May - not 11 May... Anyway, Taurus power FTW! :thumbup:

And, LightningTiger, please keep the updates on Zactown coming!

1st of May my son turns 11, as a treat today another 6 collectables for him....finally got the space outlaw - he's happy.

Anyway, I brought the 2008 police copter tonight at Myers for just over 11 bucks....at least this one will sit on the new police stations heli-pad. Updating tomorrow for sure ! :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

My son is going on 11 too. He doesn't like town. He's a Mars Mission, Power Miners, Atlantis kind of guy. He likes collectible minifigs too. I got him some random ones and the next day I find all his girl minifigs on my desk. More for my collection. :classic:

Yeah, kids at that age are also a handful ! :laugh:

I should have the post office up and running this week comming....must find postal worker that hasn't gone postal and bike mechanic as well that doesn't throw chairs like they do on American Chopper ! :laugh:

Keep on watching everyone ! :grin:

Hello!

Your son is a lucky one getting an entire town assembled. :classic: I am not sure, however, who will have more fun with it. Your son playing with it, or his daddy building it up. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

zactown_99.jpg

Hi LT,

Thought I'd quote the pic over to the next page for further discussion.

I was wondering about the yellow bank towers at either side of the bike shop. Have you considered giving the post office side a "paint job" to reflect their livery and differentiate it from the bank whilst retaining the architectural form.

:classic: :classic:

Thanks 'AJ' and 'Legostein' for your kind words, suggestions etc., well my son loves playing out cops and robbers using city, kingdoms, HP and SW characters....I join in....as a dad you do, but I do get some pleasure from designing and building these....if I didn't enjoy Lego, I wouldn't be here. :wink:

Now the issue of yellow in the post office, the Lego postal service have use red the most, followed by yellow and finally, blue as main colours for their post offices or postal vehicles, vans, planes and even bicycles. Now I might do a sign like on the bank tomorrow but of course in postal service logos and colours.

Keep on watching, real soon I set the whole kit up for a big photo shoot....so like I said keep watching eh ? :wink:

Thank you 'LEGO Trains 12 Volts' for your very kind words, I just said on your signals box topic what an excellent job you have done. Those decals are actually recreated stickers....yep, good old photo sticker page to the rescue again plus the orignal logos etc., though at the moment the postal ones are actual modern Lego postal service stickers....old school ones are on their way. :wink:

Keep watching again....the next two days somethings are happening ! :wink: