Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, BrickHat said:

UCS? Where are you getting that from? The ship I think was a solid rumor, but I never heard it being UCS.

I mean 200-300 dollar collector set.

This is my understanding of the terminology:

D2C: Direct To Consumer, large 16+ age sets that are often available only through the online store for several months before they go to the stores, and then only to selected stores.
UCS: Ultimate Collector Series, generally D2C in the Star Wars range with a special label.

A lot of people call D2C sets UCS sets, but they're not quite the same thing. This POTC set will be a D2C set, unless for some reason they give it a UCS tag.

13 minutes ago, yeoldmilkshake said:

Ok. So so far that rumor of having one big ship is still a possibility of being accurate?

Yes, it seem like it is completely accurate.

7 hours ago, David Thomsen said:

D2C: Direct To Consumer, large 16+ age sets that are often available only through the online store for several months before they go to the stores, and then only to selected stores.
UCS: Ultimate Collector Series, generally D2C in the Star Wars range with a special label.

A lot of people call D2C sets UCS sets, but they're not quite the same thing. This POTC set will be a D2C set, unless for some reason they give it a UCS tag.

Thanks for the clarification. 

13 hours ago, David Thomsen said:

Slight correction: many D2C sets are rated lower than 16+. Minecraft's The Village is rated 8+ and it's still D2C. But otherwise you're right on the money. UCS can largely be defined as "Star Wars D2C", at least since 2014 when UCS sets first got a consistent definition and branding. The only reason 75159 Death Star is considered UCS while 70751 Temple of Airjitzu, 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow, and 76042 The SHIELD Helicarrier is that the latter three sets are not Star Wars sets.

So when are we expecting news on the D2C then?  I mean if it has already been leaked it surely can't be that long away can it. :look:

1 minute ago, Legoman123 said:

So when are we expecting news on the D2C then?  I mean if it has already been leaked it surely can't be that long away can it. :look:

I'm assuming it won't be out until the summer so I wouldn't expect anything until... May... maybe 

10 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

I'm assuming it won't be out until the summer so I wouldn't expect anything until... May... maybe 

Wow that long ey?  I just hope we hear of a normal line between now and then.  I know the leakers said they hadn't seen anything but I'm sure it's possible for the theme to be a summer release, meaning its kind of impossible to have seen anything yet. 

Edited by Legoman123

56 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Really?  I thought with the film being moved to May 26th, the set's release would have changed to before or at the same time as the movie.

Just now, RAKRONDEWL said:

Really?  I thought with the film being moved to May 26th, the set's release would have changed to before or at the same time as the movie.

Oh I didn't know it was being released in May - in that case it could be the May D2C.

1 minute ago, CM4Sci said:

Oh I didn't know it was being released in May - in that case it could be the May D2C.

I think the film was originally going to be released in July but the film that was holding the May slot was pushed back.  So maybe March/April we will hear something?  I guess we will wait and see.

Star Wars got pushed back, and POTC for pushed up.

(I think) originally Star Wars 7 had a summer 2015 release, but then got pushed back until December 2015. POTC had the July 2017 release, and Rogue One was supposed to come December 2016. With Episode 8 coming in May 2017. So now it looks (after episode 7's big Decemeber) 8 and probably 9 Will have December releases, with 8 coming December 2017. But for some reason Disney decided to make POTC and Rogue One switch spots. Considering BOTH films have been rumored to have had problems, I don't get it personally. I guess they figured Rogue One was MORE troubled of the two, hence the later date. 

I can understand why Disney is NOT going to mess around with the "episode" entries of the SW films. Rogue One and any other off shoot films are important as well, but NOT nearly as important as episodes 7, 8, and9. POTC is really just caught in the crosshairs of the whole thing really. I'm sure Disney wants them to be GREAT as well, but if POTC crashes and burns, oh well they still made good money overall. SW on the other hand, they just paid 4 billion to get, plus they don't want to be the ones that get accused of "killing star wars."

My local Toyshop has a confidential list of whats being released next year. They wouldnt let me read it :pir-hmpf: ..  But the shop keeper said there's a Pirates Of the Carribean ship coming out early next year. She didn't mention anything about other Pirates sets. So it may just be the one ship.

Do you guys think we will hear something from the New York Toy fair? Also I finally got my barbossa minifigure and he look fantastic! Definitely one of those best pirates I have ever seen! :pir-grin:

2 hours ago, azog said:

Do you guys think we will hear something from the New York Toy fair? Also I finally got my barbossa minifigure and he look fantastic! Definitely one of those best pirates I have ever seen! :pir-grin:

Naw I doubt it.Maybe towards the end of the year we'll hear more about the set is my bet.

10 hours ago, azog said:

Hes a good pirate fig, but for Barbossa his coat is entirely the wrong color and suffering from lack of hair (and the hat is a stretch).

Lets hope the set comes with an updated version of him.

Just now, Captain Pirate Man said:

Any one else find the waiting for news white irritating?

Nope.

9 minutes ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Any one else find the waiting for news white irritating? I just want to know what/if anything is coming.

Yea man the wait is painful....but unfortunately there is no way around it.

Personally I just hope that we'll get a couple of normal sized sets instead of one big overpriced set.

I ain't paying 200 euro for a Lego set,that's just to much for my wallet to handle.