Sign in to follow this  
Tazmaniac

Busted!

Just a little moc to try something different with the water other than snot, I know others have built plate water but I wanted to give it a try.

the result is I need more blue plates :pir-hmpf_bad:

but here it is all the same.

As the pirate try to bury their ill got treasure they are joined buy a troop of blue coat soldiers.

1297559573m_SPLASH.jpg

1297559611m_SPLASH.jpg

1297559637m_SPLASH.jpg

Nice work, I really like the depth of field in your first shot, it really gives it a life like look, I think the water looks good, it's not so common seeing studs up for water, but I like it.

You have just the right amount of white pieces.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

You can really see the pirates thinking: "Noo! Not again!" :pir_laugh2:

The beach looks really cool and overall the MOC is nicely balanced. Nice detail, but not cramped which is good. A nice usage of colours and I like the water too.

A neat MOC again, you are on the roll lately! :thumbup:

Im getting bored of tiled/snot water too, as I think you can get a much more realistic choppy look with plates and studs. Only problem is I have so many blue tiles and hardly any blue plates and bricks. Gonna have to start buying. The first pic looks good, and you have done well with only a small space to play about with. Studded water always looks better on a larger moc as you have more space to create waves and gradients.

There will always be a debate between snot and studded water, I think both look good, but im leaning towards studs now although Ive been stocking up on turquoise tiles to use instead of blue, so might try that.

Keep on trying with different variations of stud water and you will come up with something you're happy with. You're off to a good start.

'Taz' you really love your pirate MOC's eh ? :pir-sweet:

Excellent tiling to give the look of breaking ocean on the beach and more so to the guy in the hole.

Again fantastic work for you and Brick On 'Taz' ! :pir-sweet:

Nice scene Taz :thumbup:

Your plate water turned out well IMO.

My only suggestion would have been for you to remove the tiles in the pirate boat. It looks rather odd.

Thanks for sharing.

Looks good :thumbup: All the colours in this MOC are good.

I also like the tiles in the boat, but I would go with only 2 1x4 tiles in the back and 2 somewhere in the middle.

The idea of stud water is indeed good, but it may need a bit more development.

Maybe something with more 1x1 round plats in white (and perhaps blue) will look better. It's worth experimenting :pir-classic:

Very nice MOC, i like the water and the land scaping, and specially the palm trees. One thing wich i dont like is the tiles on the boats, i think they look a bit weird over there. Good job overall, its always nice to see something different water than the SNOT or tiled water.

Captain Becker