Gregorovich

Harry Potter 2012 Set Ideas Thread

Ah, the Ministry Of Magic.....I feel it could be called 'Escape from the Ministry Of Magic', where are famous trio would give us new double sided heads so they could enter the Ministry undetected....well for a short time ! :blush:

It would finally give us different torso's with them to and not the usual school uniforms....they are not little kids anymore but young adults. :wink:

Keep on casting spells. :grin:

It would finally give us different torso's with them to and not the usual school uniforms....they are not little kids anymore but young adults. :wink:

Keep on casting spells. :grin:

Sorry, but I have to prove you wrong, there :tongue: . Harry has appeared in various sets (Knight Bus, The Burrow, Hogwarts Express) wearing casual clothing. Ron has appeared in Hogwarts Express wearing casual clothes, and all three were in Diagon Alley wearing non-uniforms (although Hermione's was stolen from Ginny). However, I get what you mean about new outfits for the trio.

I like your idea about Ministry of Magic Escape. It could be a mid-sized set, with 2 Flu Network fireplaces (the same function as the one in the burrow but with a different exterior design), the Magic is Might statue, the Courtroom, a golden elevator and Umpbridge's office. It would come with Runcorn/Harry, Hopkirk/Hermione, (can't remember his name)/Ron and Umpbridge(new face). I'm not sure how the whole thing would be laid out, but I'm sure the good people in TLG could work something out!

I would say court room and would be the size of the Burrows set with two extra characters.

True, about the casual torso's but I have stacks of school uniforms and I only started collecting HP for my son last year and no, I didn't buy the Hogwarts Express.....I like trains with correct train wheels ! :tongue:

Keep casting spells everyone ! :wink:

Given how the houses have advanced over the last few years, I'd love to see and get a new and improved #4 Privet Drive. Not just a cut out of the house like before. A Creator-esque house with removable top and such. And, as said before Grimmauld Place. A second Diagon Alley would be cool too, to extend the area.

As I mentioned in a separate thread, I reckon a Harry Potter advent calendar would be a fantastic way to enhance a Hogwarts Castle or whatever. Also I agree with Legocrazy 81 in that a few more diagon alley sets would be a treat. But most of all I would love a Ministry of Magic, I know it would be difficult as there is no exterior but it would be nice, particularly Umbridge's office overlooking the fountain.

Cross-postin'

I've always wondered why lego has never released a Great hall set on it's own, all the other releases makes it seem more of a great hut.

So a proper Great Hall set. (Maybe a diagon ally style UCS type set?) Big and long enough for the 4 house tables and the staff tables.

Figs: A few Generic students from each house, A couple of teachers and maybe a ghost?

Like Hogwarts represented the Battle of Hogwarts, the Ministry of Magic should represent the infiltration of it by Harry, Ron, and Hermoine. Therefore, it could have the regular Harry, Ron, Hermoine, along with Dolores Umbridge, Yaxley, and Arthur Weasley.

Trying to be slightly realistic is hard... so this took me 45 minutes! :tongue:

#4 Privet Drive ($59.99)

Set: Much like The Burrow set from 2010. Bottom Floor could have the kitchen (cabinets, counters, drawers, etc) and the living room with a TV and basic furniture, with some plates and various foods on the table. The Second floor could have Harry's room (with Hedwig bed, nightstand with lamp and a picture of James and Lily in LEGO form) and a portion of the hallway. The front of the building would have uniform plants, with a chain-fence and lamp-post with a light gray car, much like the magic car from like the one from 2010's Hogwart's Express, but slightly more modern and done in light gray bricks.

Minifigures: 6, just like i]The Burrow[/i]-- Harry Potter in a NEW outfit (please no more blue-jackets!), Petunia, Vernon, Dudley, Kingsley Shacklebolt (I'd love to get him in LEGO!), Tonks (if only...) or a new Alastor Moody

Animals: Hedwig, grey owl

The Ministry of Magic ($129.99)

Set: Think of it as being like the Hogwarts Castle set from 2010 with the whole folding thingy. Section one could have the Flo Network fireplaces where Voldemort and Dumbledore dueled and the london phone booth on the lower floor, with Umbridge's office up top, with ugly pink furniture with kittens and what not. Section two could be the court room, seen in movie 5. Section 3 could be smaller with three floors, with each room dedicated to one of the departments. The last and biggest section could have the department of mysteries, with toppling skinny shelves with the prophecy orbs as a play feature, then the room with the veil.

Minifigures: Harry in uniform, Hermione in Uniform, Ron in Uniform, Cornelius Fudge (with bowler cap!), new Dolores Umbridge, new Sirius Black, NEW Lucius Malfoy (please!), Dumbledore, Voldemort, and Bellatrix Lestrange, and 2 more members of the Order of the Pheonix. <--(I know it's a lot, but there's always hope!)

Animals: A larger, printed snake to be Nagini.

Rescuing Sirius ($39.99)

Set: Another add-on to Hogwarts. A rectangular tower with a closed cell for Sirius on the top of the structure. The roof (one of the sand green ones from the older HP sets) would be detachable to take our sirius easier. There'd be a small bench and mug. Beneath the top level could be the room of requirement of another Hogwarts room.

Minifigures:Harry Potter, Hermione Granger (with time-turner printed on torso), Sirius Black in prison garb, and 2 Dementors

Animals: BUCKBEAK!! (with printed wings, feathers and eyes)

Herbology Class ($39.99)

Set: Green housethat can fold open. Inside are a few tables with pots and generic plants with various colored flowers. Of to one side of the green house would be a longer table with plants. The windows on that side would have opening windows, to mimic Slughorn stealing those snippy plants from movie 6. To the other side of the room would be other magical-like plants with a few mandrakes, whose bodies could the mini-minifures from the LEGO Games line.

Minifigures: Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom (with reversible face that has a passed-out expression), Professor Sprout, and Horace Slughorn (I want a minifigure of him sooo bad!!)

Meeting Buckbeak ($11.99)

Set: A small tree with a new and printed Buckbeak with 2 crates for water and one with two chicken legs.

Minifigures: Hagrid, Harry Potter (Draco?)

Animals: Buckbeak

I'd love if they released an exclusive Diagon Alley II, so we could build upon the original.

Part II could contain another three shops; say, Flourish & Blotts, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes and Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions.

I'm not terribly hopeful of a 2012 line all the same though :sad:

I'd love if they released an exclusive Diagon Alley II, so we could build upon the original.

Part II could contain another three shops; say, Flourish & Blotts, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes and Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions.

I'm not terribly hopeful of a 2012 line all the same though :sad:

Great idea. It'd be a buy... if I can get my hands on the one out right now! :laugh::classic:

just go the new sets

love that the Hogwarts connects to the other Hogwarts

if they continue would love another one, maybe a new clock tower, sirius blacks escape tower and a maybe rooms with a Goblet of Fire, Myrtles bathroom, Hunchback witch statue

I think some of us are missing the point here. We should be looking for BRAND NEW Harry Potter Lego sets, not remakes of the old ones. If you want to get old ones you can still buy most of them on ebay or amazon. Someone said there about making a Godric's Hollow set. That would be totally awesome!!! Another idea could be to make the island that Dumbledore is buried on. It would be a cheap set, maybe about £12. It would include Dumbledore (dead with eyes closed) and Voldemort (evil grinning face). It would include the elder wand, the grave and some trees. Another idea might be The Riddles House. This set might cost around £70. It would have 2 floors. The bottom floor would have an old grandfather clock,some spiders and the stairs leading up to the 2nd floor. On the second floor would be a large table with a bench on either side. It would also include a fireplace and 1 large chair at the end of the table for Voldemort to sit on. The minifigs would be Voldemort, The Three Malfoys, Bellatrix Lestrange, Nagini, Peter Pettigrew and Charity Burbage. If you wanted to have it like the scene from the Goblet of Fire, you would have Barty Crouch Jr. and Frank Bryce.One final idea would be the Quidditch World Cup. This would be an expensive set, maybe around £150. It would include a 3 floor stadium. The bottom floor would have an entrance, the pitch and stairs going up to the next floor. The second floor would have a row of seats and a seating box for Draco Malfoy and his father. Then on the top floor it would be open-topped and would have seats for Harry and co. The set would include 2 Ireland flags and 2 Bulgaria flags, a food trolley to go on the 1st floor, the goalposts, the snitch, the quaffle etc. The minifigs would be Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred and George, Arthur Weasley, Draco and Lucius Malfoy, 2 Ireland players and 2 Bulgaria players and 2 death eaters. The set would also include a tent with 2 beds and a table. I think these sets would be great fun nad I hope you all think they're good too.

Here we go, brace yourselvesdefault_laugh_hard.gif

These are mine -

Hut on the rock

Library

Classrooms Proper sized to seat about 20 Students (Transfiguration, Charms, History Of Magic, Herbology, Potions, Divination, DADA etc)

Hospital Wing about 10 beds and Madam Pomfrey

Staff Room (With Boggart In Wardrobe)

Privet Drive

Hogsmeade Shops (Multiple Sets)

The Three Broomsticks

Hogs Head

Honeydukes

Zonkos

Dervish And Banges

Gladrags Wizadwear

Madam Puddifoots

The Choosing of the Champions

Beauxbatons Carriage

1st Task WITH PROPER STANDS

2nd task WITH PROPER STANDS

Yule Ball

3rd Task WITH MAZE AND PROPER STANDS

Quidditch World Cup

Hogwarts Quidditch Pitch With Proper Arena

Room of Requirement (Separate sets for #5 #6 and #7.2)

Ministry Of Magic Included Lift, Dept of Mysteries, Harry's Trial, Umbridge's Office etc

Weasleys Wizard Wheezes

Snapes House

The Cave

The Riddle House

The Gaunt Hovel

Dumbledore's Death

Snatcher Battle Pack

Death Eater Battle Pack

Teacher Battle Pack

Order of the Phoenix Battle Pack

Auror Battle Pack

Student Battle Pack

Dumbledore's Tomb (+ Funeral)

Lovegood House

Malfoy Manor

Ravenclaw Tower

Shell Cottage

Battle of Hogwarts PROPER VERSION, Death Star idea

Break In At Gringotts

If you read all of that you deserve a medal! If you read all of that and you are a Lego Designer you deserve a medal after and only after you have made these into sets default_tong.gif

I think some of us are missing the point here. We should be looking for BRAND NEW Harry Potter Lego sets, not remakes of the old ones. If you want to get old ones you can still buy most of them on ebay or amazon. Someone said there about making a Godric's Hollow set. That would be totally awesome!!! Another idea could be to make the island that Dumbledore is buried on. It would be a cheap set, maybe about £12. It would include Dumbledore (dead with eyes closed) and Voldemort (evil grinning face). It would include the elder wand, the grave and some trees. Another idea might be The Riddles House. This set might cost around £70. It would have 2 floors. The bottom floor would have an old grandfather clock,some spiders and the stairs leading up to the 2nd floor. On the second floor would be a large table with a bench on either side. It would also include a fireplace and 1 large chair at the end of the table for Voldemort to sit on. The minifigs would be Voldemort, The Three Malfoys, Bellatrix Lestrange, Nagini, Peter Pettigrew and Charity Burbage. If you wanted to have it like the scene from the Goblet of Fire, you would have Barty Crouch Jr. and Frank Bryce.One final idea would be the Quidditch World Cup. This would be an expensive set, maybe around £150. It would include a 3 floor stadium. The bottom floor would have an entrance, the pitch and stairs going up to the next floor. The second floor would have a row of seats and a seating box for Draco Malfoy and his father. Then on the top floor it would be open-topped and would have seats for Harry and co. The set would include 2 Ireland flags and 2 Bulgaria flags, a food trolley to go on the 1st floor, the goalposts, the snitch, the quaffle etc. The minifigs would be Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred and George, Arthur Weasley, Draco and Lucius Malfoy, 2 Ireland players and 2 Bulgaria players and 2 death eaters. The set would also include a tent with 2 beds and a table. I think these sets would be great fun nad I hope you all think they're good too.

You're thinking of Malfoy Manor not the Riddle house. In Deathly Hallows, Voldemort used the Malfoy's house as headquarters. The Riddle house is where Voldemort killed his dad and grandparents. It is also where he killed Frank Bryce and when he was using it for a place to become strong again in Goblet of fire.

Edited by Luna Lovegood

You're thinking of Malfoy Manor not the Riddle house. In Deathly Hallows, Voldemort used the Malfoy's house as headquarters. The Riddle house is where Voldemort killed his dad and grandparents. It is also where he killed Frank Bryce and when he was using it for a place to become strong again in Goblet of fire.

Oh right my mistake sorry!!! :laugh:

LEGO tends to remake sets, but, whatever. :sadnew:

These are mine -

Hut on the rock

Library

Classrooms Proper sized to seat about 20 Students (Transfiguration, Charms, History Of Magic, Herbology, Potions, Divination, DADA etc)

Privet Drive

The Three Broomsticks

Hogs Head

Honeydukes

Zonkos

Dervish And Banges

Gladrags Wizadwear

Madam Puddifoots

Beauxbatons Carriage

Yule Ball

Quidditch World Cup

Ministry Of Magic Included Lift, Dept of Mysteries, Harry's Trial, Umbridge's Office etc

Weasleys Wizard Wheezes

Snapes House

The Cave

The Riddle House

The Gaunt Hovel

Dumbledore's Death

Snatcher Battle Pack

Death Eater Battle Pack

Teacher Battle Pack

Auror Battle Pack

Student Battle Pack

Lovegood House

Malfoy Manor

Ravenclaw Tower

Shell Cottage

Break In At Gringotts

If you read all of that you deserve a medal! If you read all of that and you are a Lego Designer you deserve a medal after and only after you have made these into sets default_tong.gif

You've got some really good ideas there! I think Shell Cottage and The Hut on the Rock would be really cool!!! I also like the idea of the battle packs, I thought that idea was really good!!! :thumbup:

Wow I really like the Advent Calendar idea! =O It seems to me as the most realistic idea... I just have the feeling that those three sets were the last ones... Until I'm proven wrong, I won't be hoping too much for new sets... Even if it would be so awesome! :D

Edited by AnthonyFallen

I think we wil see at least one more wave of harry potter sets, probably with the new game. To me ti would be commercial suicide not to do it that way.

These are mine -

Hut on the rock

Library

Privet Drive

The Three Broomsticks

Hogs Head

Honeydukes

Zonkos

Dervish And Banges

Gladrags Wizadwear

Madam Puddifoots

Beauxbatons Carriage

Yule Ball

Quidditch World Cup

Weasleys Wizard Wheezes

Snapes House

The Cave

The Riddle House

The Gaunt Hovel

Dumbledore's Death

Snatcher Battle Pack

Death Eater Battle Pack

Teacher Battle Pack

Auror Battle Pack

Student Battle Pack

Lovegood House

Malfoy Manor

Ravenclaw Tower

Shell Cottage

Break In At Gringotts

Could you imagine if that was one wave?! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I think we wil see at least one more wave of harry potter sets, probably with the new game. To me ti would be commercial suicide not to do it that way.

Yeah, I guess that this would make sense! ^^ Awh it feels great to be able to feast on such a nice thought... I could probably make a patronus out of it! :D XD

Edited by AnthonyFallen

Right, so I was thinking, maybe we should collect all the most popular ideas and give them to the LEGO Ambassadors. That way TLG can hear our ideas, and then we'll have a better chance of actually getting them.

What do you think?

Right, so I was thinking, maybe we should collect all the most popular ideas and give them to the LEGO Ambassadors. That way TLG can hear our ideas, and then we'll have a better chance of actually getting them.

What do you think?

Go right ahead, but doubt they'll take any notice now, as if there are going to be any more HP sets, A we would have heard of them by now and B they would already be at the production stage if they're coming with the game this Christmas. Sorry to be so miserable, I really do want more HP sets the same as the next person.