We've all seen the "Fill out a survey and win LEGO" ad in the back pages of our instruction booklets, and most of us have probably entered because we like free stuff. My question is have you or anyone you know actually won a prize from them? (If yes, what was it?)

Hmm... now that you mention it, I have never known anyone (including myself) who won anything through that survey. :sceptic:

I entered once, and I've never heard back. I think the sets they advertise are too big to give out as raffle prizes :tongue:

On one day, I had nothing to do, sorry guys :tongue: . I entered that survey for 20 times, never heard something. Not even a thanks for competeting. :wacko:

I don't think I've ever entered this, but did start the survey before but did not finish it for some reason I can't remember. :tongue:

~buddy~

I've entered this well over a hundred times and never heard back :hmpf_bad: And I stopped entering about 6 months ago when I came to the conclusion I would never actully win anything from there

Come to think of it, I think that annoying kid on the back of the manuals is making money for nothing.

Actually, I have. I've always filled them out and this summer I received an email saying that I had won something. They asked for my address and about a month later I got Anakin's Y-wing in the mail. Not a set I would have picked but free Lego is free Lego.

So in short, the survey things are not scams. I just think they don't pick winners very often and so there are not very many winners. I still do the surveys on the off chance they'll pick me again.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

Actually, I have. I've always filled them out and this summer I received an email saying that I had won something. They asked for my address and about a month later I got Anakin's Y-wing in the mail. Not a set I would have picked but free Lego is free Lego.

So in short, the survey things are not scams. I just think they don't pick winners very often and so there are not very many winners. I still do the surveys on the off chance they'll pick me again.

Okay, so now we know that it's real, but I think Lego should give out more sets

Prehaps it's only within the US? Thats not out of the question, knowing Lego.. Anyone out of the US ever won anything?

That's good news. I'll start entering again. :classic:

Never entered, and probably never will. But a free Y-wing sounds nice :laugh:

See, the way that it works is that now that CorneliusMurdock has won, we all have to keep buying sets for the next five years so that they can afford to send Cornelius another free set.... Win!

Yeah let's do that. Maybe he's so nice to give everyone who bought something for him one single piece of the set :tongue:

Just joking.

Okay, so now we know that it's real, but I think Lego should give out more sets

I agree. I've entered every time I've got a new set, and I've never heard back from them.

See, the way that it works is that now that CorneliusMurdock has won, we all have to keep buying sets for the next five years so that they can afford to send Cornelius another free set.... Win!

Sounds like a plan to me! :grin:

I find it rather interesting that Cornelius in fact won. Didn't think we'd find a winner on here so quickly! Free Lego is free Lego, you're absolutely right! :laugh:

The odds of winning probably depend on the number of prizes Lego has a available and the number of people who answered the survey. I haven't won anything yet. Then again lady luck is never with me.

How do you enter Do you post, phone, online or email?

Online. URL is under the annoying kid on the back of the instruction booklets. Some smaller sets may not have the add, but if you have the site address handy you can just go and enter the set number anyways, and take the survey for that set.

I've entered a few times but never won anything. However, after finding out that someone actually DID win something, I redid the survey a few times.

To be truthfully honest I have never read that back page. Its just ive never really considered it. Maybe I should get out my instructions and see what you have to do. :look: Now I know you can actually win something and it isnt region based I will probably give it a try.

Can anyone tell me what you actually have to do for it?