Fugazi

2011 Alien Conquest

Yeah seriously! We don't discuss the 2011 Space Theme in the 2011 Space Theme topic. It's not like people use internet boards to express their opinions. You better make sure you've read through the entire 20-page topic before you post just to make sure you don't bore the lurkers with a common opinion. For shame.

You're 100% right, let's all take turns saying we've discovered there's an alien that fits like a helmet, and that there is something written at the bottom of the box, as well as complain that the pictures are too blurry. :wacko:

Edited by Sirens-Of-Titan

...on a more relevant note, is anyone else bothered by the overly cartoony look to the aliens? I know I mentioned this before but I just feel like the play value is seriously hindered by the somewhat childish vibe to them. The humans look more serious than the aliens. As epic as that Tripod is I have trouble seeing an army of those things on the march when they're being piloted by a big green square with eyes and a purple skin suit.

Some of the aliens do look a little too muppety. But that said, I've got a whole army of alien scum ready to pilot those Tripod Invaders. Rench will look absolutely end-of-the-world crushtastic in those things--now his eternal shout will no longer be saying, "Aarrgh! A VPR!!" but instead, "Run, RUN!! Silly HUMANS!!"

My chief concern is with the mechanics of the TI's legs. I'm hoping it is really stable...

You're 100% right, let's all take turns saying we've discovered there's an alien that fits like a helmet, and that there is something written at the bottom of the box, as well as complain that the pictures are too blurry. :wacko:

You're new to these boards aren't you?

I am not sure if we would call this a space theme. The setting is earth and there are flying saucers but they are the invaders. Sure, It is definitely sci-fi but Atlantis for example is sci-fi as well and we don't call it a space theme.

How damn patronising. climb out of your ivory tower for a minute would you.

I am not sure if we would call this a space theme. The setting is earth and there are flying saucers but they are the invaders. Sure, It is definitely sci-fi but Atlantis for example is sci-fi as well and we don't call it a space theme.

You've posted exactly what I was thinking. When I look at these pictures, it screams "Action" theme to me, closer to Atlantis or Agents than Space.

Thank you for that sir, no I joined the same year you did. :wink:

I would say you have a point, there's not much going on in Space but it depends on what you want out of a "space theme". For me it's space ships, aliens and a consistent art style throughout. So far we have that, and I like to think that as a bonus we get humans who aren't all that spacey looking but still bring a unique opposing faction to the table. This is the first alien theme that brings the war to Earth and I think it's about time they did, what with us invading Mars so heavily in the last decade and all. :grin:

I think this new theme looks very good. I love the new aliens and the new space suits, plus it's good to see some civilians. I hope to see some official pictures soon!

I'd say it's more present day. or very near future. the earth force vehicles aren't that far off vehicles in current use by various military organisations. The blue colour scheme throws it off. If they'd been dark green or dark tan they wouldn't look so futuristic.

I would have preferred a realistic series of human vehicles, in a similar vein to those from Halo (obviously, I'm a fan of that too :tongue:). If they were a darker colour, kids wouldn't be attracted to them.

Having said that, though, Halo has a nice balance with the overly colourful side (the aliens) and the realistic side (the humans). The series is both more realistic and aesthetically attractive because of this. It would be nice to see something like that in the future, but unless the target audience is changed, I think it's quite unlikely. :sceptic:

I like your excitement but please read the thread a few pages back before you post; 90% of what you just said has been discussed to great lengths for a month now and it's getting very repetitive. The trident is not a new design its just a a preliminary substitute.

I'm not completely sure, but there seems to be a new trident/pitchfork in the upcoming Kingdoms sets. There are a few new moulds for weapons and things in those sets, so if the trident is a new design, it will probably be reused here. Unless there's been a previous mould that I don't know about, the Atlantis trident is too angular to look like a pitchfork.

Yeah, that didn't really come out the way it sounded in my head. :sceptic: Sorry.

It's okay my post came across stronger than I intended it to be. Apologies from this end too. :alien:

Guys it's all good, and I'll refrain from telling people what not to do as well. :thumbup:

Now about the sets, I'm looking at the tri-pod invader and I'm not sure what piece it is that they used on the laser out front. It's something round and in light blay but I can't seem to make out what exactly it is. I'd say it's a new piece that houses a bulb for a laser function, but it doesn't have a sticker to promote any kind of lighting effect.

Can anyone think of what that part is?

looks like the ball and socket with a 2x2 base that was used on the star wars republic gunship as nose cannons. where the 4l trans rod is attached you can see the four indentations around the connection hole on the ball and you can just about see the slits on the side of the socket part. what makes it look different is that something obscures the base plate bit. that and the photo is skewed and has a big confidential watermark over it.

An ivory tower... constructed out of Lego!

Look it depends on what you mean by sci-fi.

Would you consider these stories Sci-Fi?

-War of the Worlds

-Mars Attacks

-The Day the Earth Stood Still.

-Invasion of the Flying Saucers

-Skyline

-District 9

-Independence Day

-(Series) Torchwood

-Men in Black

All of these are sci-fi stories that are set on Earth and only really show space when it ascertains to Earth. I think this new series is supposed to be in more the vain of the 1950 sci-fi B-movies.

I hope we can keep the discussion on track and not start attacking each other. Not everyone has time to read through 20 pages of topic just to realise that tridents have been discussed ad nauseam. People are entitled to state their opinions, but attacking other members isn't welcome here. It seems the incident has sorted itself out, but take this as a gentle reminder to keep it friendly and on topic too.

Cheers

ISC. :classic:

I hope we can keep the discussion on track and not start attacking each other. Not everyone has time to read through 20 pages of topic just to realise that tridents have been discussed ad nauseam. People are entitled to state their opinions, but attacking other members isn't welcome here. It seems the incident has sorted itself out, but take this as a gentle reminder to keep it friendly and on topic too.

Cheers

ISC. :classic:

My apologies ISC, wasn't my intention to attack anyone. :sceptic:

Now something that I haven't seen yet on here:

What do you think prices will be on these?

I speculate the UFO Abduction will be about 35$ US

Alien strike about $6.99

Alien defender about $10.99

Tripod Invader about $25

It's hard to tell whether the mother ship or jet-copter stets are bigger so i'd place them in the $55-$65 category

The Earth Defense HQ is pretty big but not huge, I'd say more than $80 but less than $100

Sirens-Of-Titan,

I think more like this(based on space police III price tags).This post is a little long as well :tongue:

Alien striker 6:99

Alien defender 9:99

tripod invader 19:99

UFO abduction 29:99

Alien mother ship 49:99

jet-copter encounter ?(I have no idea what is going to cost,but maybe 50 to 70 dollar's)

Earth defense HQ 99:99

NEW OBSERVATIONS

Studying jet-copter encounter,I have spotted 2 alien spaceship's,small,not airtight and a glass piece,maybe it's just a error but on top of the box there are 2 humans and one alien,but on the box I see one human and 2 aliens,a new color part is in this set,A TRANS-RED antenna!The aliens in this set are the one from the alien defender and one has a brain in plain sight,the copters cockpit is the same as the agents helicopter,I also see at least 2(I might be wrong)yellow 2x4 plates!The alien mother ship is both nice and scary,Because I see a huge white and lime green button near the back of the ship,the new's reporter has a new clipbaord-like piece,the mother-ship has trans-light blue 2x4 plate(another recolor!),there is a huge black crane coming from the middle of the mother ship.there is not much I can see on the alien defender apart from the fact that the engine is heavily greebled.I have almost nothing to say on the alien striker,except that I can see 4 1x1 studs in purple.The tripod invader has some purple parts I can't recognize near the leg joint's,speaking of leg joints they don't look very stable,with only 2 black friction pins per leg,Once again,they recolor a part for this theme,a 3 long spike bar in lime green!The UFO abduction set is least interesting in terms of new stuff,there's a 1x4 click joint in lime green,and some human barriers that say ASF on them,also a engine piece is used to create detail.

PS,I saved hi-res pic's of all the sets.

Sirens-Of-Titan,

I think more like this(based on space police III price tags).This post is a little long as well :tongue:

Alien striker 6:99

Alien defender 9:99

tripod invader 19:99

UFO abduction 29:99

Alien mother ship 49:99

jet-copter encounter ?(I have no idea what is going to cost,but maybe 50 to 70 dollar's)

Earth defense HQ 99:99

NEW OBSERVATIONS

Studying jet-copter encounter,I have spotted 2 alien spaceship's,small,not airtight and a glass piece,maybe it's just a error but on top of the box there are 2 humans and one alien,but on the box I see one human and 2 aliens,a new color part is in this set,A TRANS-RED antenna!The aliens in this set are the one from the alien defender and one has a brain in plain sight,the copters cockpit is the same as the agents helicopter,I also see at least 2(I might be wrong)yellow 2x4 plates!The alien mother ship is both nice and scary,Because I see a huge white and lime green button near the back of the ship,the new's reporter has a new clipbaord-like piece,the mother-ship has trans-light blue 2x4 plate(another recolor!),there is a huge black crane coming from the middle of the mother ship.there is not much I can see on the alien defender apart from the fact that the engine is heavily greebled.I have almost nothing to say on the alien striker,except that I can see 4 1x1 studs in purple.The tripod invader has some purple parts I can't recognize near the leg joint's,speaking of leg joints they don't look very stable,with only 2 black friction pins per leg,Once again,they recolor a part for this theme,a 3 long spike bar in lime green!The UFO abduction set is least interesting in terms of new stuff,there's a 1x4 click joint in lime green,and some human barriers that say ASF on them,also a engine piece is used to create detail.

These prices make sense to me too. Its usually about the same for every new theme. Which is great, because that means the Tripod set is only $19.99.

As much as I like the Earth Defense HQ I don't think it really justifies a $99.99 price tag, yet that seems likely. :sceptic:

I'm hoping TI is in the 19.99 slot for this theme. That means $60 for a "full scale" invasion!

To those of you who have been monitoring new themes in the past, when can we expect official Lego information on these sets? February?

Are they pictures of the preliminary boxes, or of the finalised sets? If they are the latter, could you please post them!

I speculate the UFO Abduction will be about 35$ US

Alien strike about $6.99

Alien defender about $10.99

Tripod Invader about $25

It's hard to tell whether the mother ship or jet-copter stets are bigger so i'd place them in the $55-$65 category

The Earth Defense HQ is pretty big but not huge, I'd say more than $80 but less than $100

New Zealand prices will be:

7049 Ailen Striker $NZ 9.99

7050 Alien Defender $NZ 19.99

7051 Tripod Invader $NZ 39.99

7052 UFO Abduction $NZ 59.99

7065 Alien Mothership $NZ 119.99

7066 Earth Defence HQ $NZ 179.99

7067 Jet-Copter Encounter $NZ 69.99

New Zealand prices a usually more than the exchange rate but try an exchange rate calculator to give you a rough idea :wacko: