Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

Xmas Death Star

Well as per your comments and suggestions, I have revised my entry for the star wars xmas photography contest. Here is my official submission.

I reposted my original picture for your enjoyment further down the page.

deathstarxmasfina.jpg

Brilliant entry Solscud007. The image itself is beautifully put together and the background is just the right colour. The scene itself is lovely and very funny.

Good Luck in the contest :thumbup:

great entry! keep those coming! i've already posted in the "contest-thread" - a little advice: crop out as much of "non-lego" or scenery parts as possible to keep the "this shot was made in a lego world"-effect as high as possible.

Whoa! What a great entry Solscud! Very good job on Christmasifying the Death Star, lots of interesting scenes to look at. However, as great as this MOC is, I just feel that the 'lots of things' going on there might become a slight distraction to the whole entry. I've always thought that this photo contest will focus mainly on a single shot depicting a Christmas scene using SW elements, and will not be based on how grand the presentation is. But that's just my opinion, and it'll be the judges who'll have the final say. But with regards to your build, it is undoubtedly very well-done. I wish you the best in the competition! :thumbup:

Personally I'd go for that one instead of the one you posted.

Feel free to change the picture in the first post if you want to.

The contest runs until the 31st of December and you may replace and edit your entry as many times you want until then.

That Throne Room shot is waaaaauw :wub:

But that's just my opinion.

ok, kim was faster :sweet::vader:

if you'd crop the first one to the bottom-scene or something like that... it would be perfect. of course, you'd lose some hillarious and great scenes but there are so many little scenes in that part of the picture that it still would be an very, very good entry.

btw: the quality of the pic in your first post seems to be much better... really good work!

edit: actually i didn't want to comment on photos submited but as you are the amongst the first and i've added the comment in the general thread later than you submission it seems very ok to me to do so...

Edited by fenris

Yup, same here, your second one is the more appropriate photo for the contest IMO - a shot focusing on a single scene, now we could fully appreciate the superb lightning that you did there. That's really very impressive lighting effects, and even better job capturing it vividly in the photograph. This is a formidable entry I must say. Great work and good luck! :thumbup:

I originally started with the idea of Santa Palpatine entertaining kids. Parent get to bring their kids with a souvenir snapshot with santa.

Then I just added more and more.

Tarkin, two officers, Solo and Leia are sharing a giant "turkey", I like to think of it as a giant Xmas Tauntaun that they have roasted for Xmas dinner.

With the help of a DS Gunner a senior officer has a smooch under the mistletoe.

Clearly stormtroopers are having problems decorating the xmas tree. But an opportunist officer sets up a tree stand.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the Stormtrooper taking a break to roast a hotdog in the fireplace.

Enjoy.

xmasds.jpg

Here is the image full size so you can see the details better.

xmasds.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Well as per your comments and suggestions, I have revised my entry for the star wars xmas photography contest. Here is my official submission.

I reposted my original picture for your enjoyment further down the page.

picture snipped

Perfect.

The lighting is awesome.

I really like the stormie roasting a sausage :thumbup:

Much better than the large DS picture.

The second one is a big improvement on the first one although they are both nice. The lighting is great. I really like all the parents ant their children. I didn't know that ewoks were baby wookies :laugh: Good luck in the contest.

Great job :thumbup:

Edited by darth yogi

The second one is a big improvement on the first one although they are both nice. The lighting is great. I really like all the parents ant their children. I didn't know that ewoks were baby wookies :laugh: Good luck in the contest.

Great job :thumbup:

bastard children haha. I suppose i could have taken one of my spare chewies and shoved his torso onto wicket's legs. But I thought an ewok is funnier.