KimT

2010 X-Mas Star Wars Photography Contest

Wait, so we can use non-LEGO elements (like paper, toothpicks...)?

Does this one minifig must be SW because I have one interesting idea that is still SW-ish?

Great contest, maybe this will be my first on EB. :laugh:

Wait, so we can use non-LEGO elements (like paper, toothpicks...)?

Does this one minifig must be SW because I have one interesting idea that is still SW-ish?

Great contest, maybe this will be my first on EB. :laugh:

to sum up (at least imho): produce a photo with x-mas and sw relation with whatever it takes that has some or all of the following

- artistic/photographic value (angle, lighting, framing, setup,...)

- humor

- wow effect

- action

- thrill

- altered scene from the movies/comics

Edited by fenris

The scene can be from a Star Wars movie' date=' animated series, cartoon, computer game or entirely made up.[/quote']

But here KimT says taht it can be entirely made up...

of course! my list wasn't meant to be comprehensive. it was just a list of ideas...

Ooh, now I'm really glad I take so many pictures. Definitely will enter.

Are pieces that are custom, cut-up, dissected, glued, taped, etc acceptable or not?

Great contest idea, I might see if I can find some time. Awesome choice for judges, they own the photo thread.

good to see there's some participation! can't wait to see what you can come up with! and from personal experience: you can always make a shot better (unfortunately i'm not a really patient guy). whenever i go through the shots i've taken on a setup i discover details i would like to change... and often it's too late). so take your time!

Are pieces that are custom, cut-up, dissected, glued, taped, etc acceptable or not?

What does the rules say about such things?

Nothing - well could it be then that there is no ruling on it then? :tongue:

I think that to a certain point customized parts and non-LEGO parts are acceptable.

I still drool when thinking of the R2D2 picture with a LEGO version next to a non-LEGO version - which is the same about the awesome stormtrooper shot.

hiho everybody!

seeing the first two entries this sontest looks very promessing! one little remark:

keep in mind that it's a photographic contest. of course, an awesome setup (moc) and a funny idea is part of it (and an important one) but if you want a little advise: keep "backgrounds" that are not part of the scene as limited as possible - it harms the "illusion" that the shot was actually taken in "legoland". that does of course not mean that outdoor shots are not welcome. only tables, chairs, pets, grandmothers and... should not be on the picture if avoidable. often a little cropping can solve this issue...

In my opinion, these first entries look really good, but they just seem to be well photographed vignettes. While they are really funny, there's not a lot of artistic flair in any of them (lighting, camera angle, minifig positions etc.). I gotta try my hand at this, right after I photograph my HP sig fig! :blush:

In my opinion, these first entries look really good, but they just seem to be well photographed vignettes. While they are really funny, there's not a lot of artistic flair in any of them (lighting, camera angle, minifig positions etc.). I gotta try my hand at this, right after I photograph my HP sig fig! :blush:

Then show us that you can do better :tongue:

Then show us that you can do better :tongue:

Yes the gauntlet has been thrown down. You gotta step up and back up your statement. Best of luck!!!

My Entry is all set to go, but I think I'll wait it out a bit before I post. I want to see what else comes into the compitition :classic:

Can we post an entry on 31st December?

Is that last day of game or we must post entry before?

I have little trouble with some pieces. :sceptic:

Entries may be posted on the 31st of December until 23:59:59 :grin:

Is it possible to change the entry pic for an improved version? I didn't find any rule about it so it should be possible, am I right? I just ask to be sure.

Thanks in advance.

So what is the exact deadline? 23:59:59 according to which time zone?

Any :grin:

No seriously - just post your entry before midnight your place.

I wont disqualify something posted a little too late just because of time zone dfference.

Hahaha, I've posted mine exactly in 23:59:47. :laugh:

Pictures is horrible, but I didn't have enough time after coming from friend's party... :sceptic: