I bought the lego 8466 offroader a while ago for 600kronor (90$) and I'm wondering if I should keep it or sell it? right now all the pieces are in the box, so I'm not loosing any, and they will stay there until I've decided to sell or keep it. How much could I sell it for?? or is it better to keep it??

help me plz :classic:

*huh* ?

You can't seriously expect somebody else to make this decision for you! Only you know why you bought it in the first place and know whether you'd like or need to use the money this might fetch for something else.

Good luck making up your mind.

Ralph

Edited by Ralph_S

Hi,

I've got the 8466 myself and think it is a little overhyped. There are many features and it's big but IMO there is nothing really genius to it.

The most important parts of this set are in my opinion the big powerpuller-wheels. They are essential part of many huge MOCs and I would keep the set just for these wheels, which cost a little fortune on bricklink: http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=47657

On the other hand you would get a nice sum if you sell it on bricklink as the price for a used 8466 is at about 150$ minimum.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=8466-1

So keep it if you have some big MOCs in mind

or sell it if you want some newer sets

I hope I could help you

If I would keep it it would be for the pieces, but if I sell it I could buy all of those special pieces, and sill earn some money on it :sceptic:

But it takes time and effort to get it sold, and time is money..

this drives me crazy.. :hmpf:

I'll think on it over a good nights sleep :classic: (it's night here in Sweden)

I'd say sell your new one, and buy another one that's used, so that way, you still have a copy of 8466 and you make some cash.

I bought the lego 8466 offroader a while ago for 600kronor (90$) and I'm wondering if I should keep it or sell it? right now all the pieces are in the box, so I'm not loosing any, and they will stay there until I've decided to sell or keep it. How much could I sell it for?? or is it better to keep it??

help me plz :classic:

That's a lousy set so you may as well sell it to me.

You should keep it, and make Jurgen Krooshoop's "Ode to 8466" Trial Truck: :thumbup:

afb165.jpg

Thanks for the compliment. But my 8466 - Offroad version takes a lot more parts than just one 8466 (like PF-parts). And I didn't use the big 8466-wheels, but smaller 8297-wheels.

Personally, I like the original 8466-set very much (especially the door-mechanism) and I don't I'd ever sell it.

Depends on how much you like the set. If it's just a "cool set that is going to be parted out after it's been built" I would sell it, as you can make profit and buy two new sets this size.

If you like the model so much that you'd "display it all the time and never take it apart", definitely keep it.

Additionally, if you're good on money at the moment anyway, then there's no need to sell it. Even I as more of a SYSTEM guy myself find the set to be pretty awesome. I do like it's "little brother" (don't know the set number by heart) better, though.

Enpaz

Edited by Enpaz

I would buy the wheels for some 20€. Need them for an 8x8 :tongue:

i will have the lift arms pins axles and connectors

Used it averages just above SEK 1.400,- on BrickLink: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=8466-1

But since you're a Swede you can sell it on Tradera instead (Swedish eBay), lot's of crazy people there spending tons more than sets are worth...

Personally I don't sell bricks, but when I found out these ugly things are worth quite a lot I'm beginning to reconsider: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=sw038

Oh and check out the Swedish forum if you have not done so already: http://www.swebrick.se/

I actually think I'll keep it, 'cause I got pretty much money already, and this is a kinda awesome set :sweet:

Good choice. This is an excellent set and contains several parts that are hard to come by today.

I've had an extra unopened copy of this set for a long time (I actually got it for free due to a S@H shipping error many years ago). I was planning to sell it for a long time, but never got around to it and eventually decided to just keep it.