Shine

Hero Factory 2011

I had to pull down the teaser movie temporarily, hope to get it back online by late this week or early next week.

ahh, so that's why I could not find it ....

Maybe I've already seen it :classic:

but I look forward to check it out next week.

HeroPad feature seems to be epic, don't know why they removed it. By the way, I uploaded the introduction from the first challenge onto YouTube.

. I hope someone managed to save that trailer, cause I didn't see it.

They did a good job on that one, funny too.

HeroPad feature is now available.

Later:

Hey, that trailer is on YouTube now! Link.

Edited by Pro_Ice

HeroPad feature is now available.

Later:

Hey, that trailer is on YouTube now! Link.

Nice find :classic: . Does anyone know what the Heropad feature is? (Or what it does for that matter.)

Edited by Nike2032

Nice find :classic: . Does anyone know what the Heropad feature is? (Or what it does for that matter.)

basically, its for redeeming the codes inside the lids of the 2.0 heroes.

also you can take challenges.

the only challenge up so far is the speed challenge, in which I received the Gold hero medal.

the object is to build Furno 2.0 as fast as you can.

I built him in 46 seconds.

Edited by Jetrax99

5328270190_5e05291bb7_o.jpg

Just thought I should show you a third moc based around the new limbs. This time I show how thin thighs can easily be avoided by adding TECHNIC structures around a bone part. The other thigh is added a wheel just for the fun of it.

TECHNIC threads will wrap around a bone part (90617) loosely, see his left upper arm.

Even found a spot for a BEN 10 part, as a shin. The fact is that BEN 10 ball cups are the predecessor for the new ball cups, and I like to use them for that fact.

Only found room for the old BIONICLE head, and the 2009 Skrall armors. Some very nice parts indeed.

Erland, Part Design.

Edited by Front

This time I show how thin thighs can easily be avoided by adding TECHNIC structures around a bone part.

Honestly it doesnt look all that splendid at all. The right thigh looks especially terrible in my honest opinion, it just looks like, beams. Not armor, and certainly just as glaring as a thin limb. Same with the other thigh, the wheel I understand is part of the MOC but im focusing on the main structure, it's just as bad as before, yes it may be thicker but it looks exposed and has no armor, showing the balljoint. Now if this is a style of a MOC that fits then I can see it being okay to use, but i think the general idea will take a lot of perfecting to fix the issue.

Creep Crushers is definitely one of the cutest, fun little games that I've ever seen from Bionicle/Hero Factory. Certainly much better than the last game.

Honestly it doesnt look all that splendid at all. The right thigh looks especially terrible in my honest opinion, it just looks like, beams. Not armor, and certainly just as glaring as a thin limb. Same with the other thigh, the wheel I understand is part of the MOC but im focusing on the main structure, it's just as bad as before, yes it may be thicker but it looks exposed and has no armor, showing the balljoint. Now if this is a style of a MOC that fits then I can see it being okay to use, but i think the general idea will take a lot of perfecting to fix the issue.

I think Front is just trying to show what can be done. Sure it's not an aesthetically pleasing one, but it gets the point across. Give Lego a year or so. There will be new pieces.

Just picked up Breez 1.0. Now all wave 1 heroes are in my collection. I also picked up my FIRST 2.0 hero, Furno 2.0

I think the build is more to show just how many connection points and places there are to build off of the skeletal pieces- I think it's a whole bunch of concepts wrapped into one.

Just wondering, has anyone bought a 'canister' villain with the stronger new-style hand pieces that come with the Hero 2.0s or are they all the brittle old Bionicle 2008 hand pieces?

Just wondering, has anyone bought a 'canister' villain with the stronger new-style hand pieces that come with the Hero 2.0s or are they all the brittle old Bionicle 2008 hand pieces?

Only the joints in Jetbug sets are in the old style, while Nitroblast and Drilldozer sets have the new joint pieces.

Same goes for Fire Lord. He also has a lovely pair of five-fingered hands in silver.

I honestly recommend all MOCists out there to buy him. You might hate his design, but you're gonna love his pieces.

Only the joints in Jetbug sets are in the old style, while Nitroblast and Drilldozer sets have the new joint pieces.

Oh. Well that sucks. Jetbug was the only villain I was planning to get. :hmpf_bad: No matter.

So... theoretically... if I hit up LEGO's Replacement Parts service, plugged in jetbug, missing parts, and selected 5 sockets: which version shows up in my mailbox?

So... theoretically... if I hit up LEGO's Replacement Parts service, plugged in jetbug, missing parts, and selected 5 sockets: which version shows up in my mailbox?

the 2008/2009 version that initially comes w/ him. if you want the new mold, you'd have to order from either drilldozer's, nitroblast's, or Fire Lord's replacement partpage.

Oh. Well that sucks. Jetbug was the only villain I was planning to get. :hmpf_bad: No matter.

The old sockets do stand the chance of breaking after a few uses, but they're only 5 pieces out of 63 - there are many other useful pieces for MOCing, and the old sockets don't detract from the appearance of the finished set. :wink: Hopefully non-US batches and later US batches of Jetbug will have the new sockets.

According to the instruction inventory, official images and the online replacement service, you would get the new version of the sockets. There is nothing to suggest that Jetbug is meant to have old sockets rather than new sockets, aside from current batches of Jetbug having them. The old sockets are arguably incorrect pieces that can be replaced by LEGO customer service, although it might be best to enquire first.

My Jetbug came with all new sockets.

So yeah.

Woah. Do you live outside the US? I live in Singapore and won't see the HF sets till February, so hopefully the sets then will come with the new sockets.

Woah. Do you live outside the US? I live in Singapore and won't see the HF sets till February, so hopefully the sets then will come with the new sockets.

Nope, I'm in Michigan, and I bought mine at retail.

Before I ask anyway: Is there already a thread about the whole broken socket thing?

I wonder which sockets tend to break and which not, because I got still the feeling my 2008 sockets are also pretty solid, while my 2009 sockets recently got snapperitis. :hmpf_bad:

I'd say all the socket pieces that do not have those vents/divisions and are instead smooth tend to break a lot more than those that do.

But in 2008, there was a bad batch of lime green sockets that were even more likely to break even after the first use.

But for the other smooth socket pieces, they will eventually broke if you frequently remove and put them back. They are less resistant than the non-smooth ones.

The new molds used in Ben 10 / HF 1.0 seem to be a lot more robust and resistant to breaking (Haven't broken anyone yet) . And it seems pretty much accepted that the new HF 2.0 are also resistant.

Hi there !

I am a member of a LEGO French Forum of Bionicle and other Actions Figures : Bionifigs.

I think that we have something that could interess you... Please follow the link ! ;)

==>

<== Edited by Brickthing