Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Classic Space 6929 Starfleet Voyager

Hello everybody!

Today it's my special pleasure to share a classic space legend with you. It's the Classic Space 6929 Starfleet Voyager (reference link) from the year 1981. I am pretty excited about this one, and I hope you will like it too. :classic:

Although miniaturized, the small version has 134 pieces compared to 241 pieces of the system-scaled version from 1981. This means that the mini model is very compact. A lot of small plates, tiles and slopes were necessary to include as many details as possible. It has all the engines, landing studs, dishes and lights. Two of the most difficult details to realize were the transparent blue cockpit bottom (snot) and the cargo compartment in the back. Both could be built, however. You can even remove a container from the cargo compartment, just like for the original version. :classic:

6929-mini-starfleet-voyager-01.jpg

6929-mini-starfleet-voyager-03.jpg

6929-mini-starfleet-voyager-05.jpg

6929-mini-starfleet-voyager-06.jpg

6929-mini-starfleet-voyager-08.jpg

6929-mini-starfleet-voyager-09.jpg

6929-mini-starfleet-voyager-10.jpg

With that I am done for now. Feel free to have a look at the entire image gallery and to download the instructions. Thank you for stepping by, and have a great week! :classic:

Yours Christopher.

Edited by Legostein

Really nice miniature built of the Starfleet Voyager, Legostein. :thumbup:

I like how you've built this little ship, you've even built a small cargo pod with the classic space brick. :classic:

The bottom of the craft is also really well built.

the Inventor

First, I was "Yeah, pretty cool. I like this" but you really won me over with the micro-scaled version of the rear play feature! Well done.

Awesome and thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Impressive mini-creation as always Legostein! You really captured the overall accuracy of the classic Starfleet Voyager. What's even more amazing is the opening cargo compartment - a functionality rarely seen in minis but you pulled it off perfectly. :thumbup:

Amazing as always, Legostein. I love that you included the box on the back side. The bottom of the cockpit is well conceived as well (though perhaps a stud too long?).

So are you going to tackle set 928 - Galaxy Explorer in the near future? Or perhaps you will surprise us with 6980 - Galaxy Commander. :wub:

Hello!

Thank you for the nice comments! I hoped some of you would remember the original ship from the glorious days of classic space. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

Hello!

Thank you for the nice comments! I hoped some of you would remember the original ship from the glorious days of classic space. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Classic Space will never be forgotten (as I am rebuilding all my 82-88 Lego sets).

Great job as usual and great attention to detail! I especially like the bottom portion of the cockpit on the bottom part of the ship.

Starfleet Voyager made me think this was a Star Trek mini at first :laugh:

This is really cool - I think 6929 is my favourite set ever because of the impact it had on me when I was a kid. The imagination \nd potential was endless flying it around and it seemed to be able to cope with what ever mission was thrown at it.

Seeing your mini version is very cute, I've tried to build it on LDD but can't get the inverting of the studs to build underneath the cockpit :sad: !

I love it, in classic space style. And classic Legostein style.

This makes me want to get ym classic space stuff sorted and reviewed.

Great mini!!

Hello again,

and thank you for your kind participation in this discussion topic. :classic:

See you all soon!

Yours Christopher.

Edited by Legostein