cavegod

How many pieces do you have?

well for brickset:

We have piece counts for 102 of them. Using that data we have calculated that you own 18268 pieces!

We have retail prices for 61 of them. Using that data we have calculated that their total retail value is £975.

and for peeron:

Totals: 103 Sets (103 unique), 18,170 Parts, $1,876.5, 111 Minifigs.

but i'm not sure whether thats all my sets or not. it's 99% of them though i think.

According to Brickset:

You own 327 sets (228 different).

We have piece counts for 178 of them. Using that data we have calculated that you own 28511 pieces!

We have retail prices for 166 of them. Using that data we have calculated that their total retail value is £2119.

You own 364 minifigs.

I probably have over 400 minifigs, because I have quite a lot of ones that I have purchased individually or in lots (not with sets).

~buddy~

We have piece counts for 116 of them. Using that data we have calculated that you own 19141 pieces!

+350 from bricklink, +550 more from bricklink i ordered yesterday, +some, friend gave me so its about 20.000

Brickset says I have about 17.500 parts and 325 minifigs, but in reality it would probably be closer to 20.000 parts and 400 figs.

I just entered the sets from the top of my head + I've bought some loose parts of off bricklink and such (and brickset doesn't have info on every set).

Edited by Fluyt

We've actually got somewhere in the ballpark of 1 million now. I've got a confirmed 680,564 parts and 5128 minifigs in my collection, but I'm also adding in my wife's collection, who probably has in the vicinity of 200k-400k pieces (she has no idea how many). We're trying to tally hers to mine as we combine collections, but we'll see how that goes. But the rough guess is that we have about a million between the two of us.

If you asked me way back when I started collecting, I probably would have foolishly told you that I'd NEVER have enough LEGO, but now I honestly have to say we have too much. In addition to our collections, we acquired a large chunk of about 100k-200k that we pretty much just don't have a need for, so we'll be giving it away (or maybe selling it) in some manner or another. Most likely to our fellow AFOLs in the local area. So yes, you really can have too much!

DaveE

You own 285 sets (125 different).

We have piece counts for 115 of them. Using that data we have calculated that you own 22231 pieces!

Sounds like an understatment to me, I'm going to round up to 24,000 due to all the loose stuff and things I've bought outside of sets.

I have 40 sets and 72 CMFs totaling 25,992 according to Brickset. My total number is probably around 30,000 when including my miscellaneous pieces.

Edited by typo

I only have the totals from 2010, As I documented everything starting this year on Excel.

25199 pieces

In 2009 I re-started my collection with some heavy hitters Cafe Corner and Green Grocer... So that's 30000+ pieces right there since september 2009 O_o

Who knows how much I had as a kid?

I would guess I have several million pieces. Don't have any clue really. Hell, I lost count of my minifig collection once I started topping 40,000 of them.

According to http://www.basebrick.com/stats.php there are 170 members who have 2 057 643 parts, so the average there should be ~12 100 parts.

Also according to BaseBrick I have 4 584 different types of brick, but I can't find a way to see the total tally. All sources are way off at the moment since I have not updated in the last couple of years, but I guesstimate some 100 000 bricks.

I would guess I have several million pieces. Don't have any clue really. Hell, I lost count of my minifig collection once I started topping 40,000 of them.

wow thats rather alot of minifigs.

I did a quick check on our brand spanking new collection of bits and pieces and we have around 3000, so quite a way to go to catch up with some of you guys :P

You own 228 sets (194 different).

We have piece counts for 187 of them. Using that data we have calculated that you own 136530 pieces!

We have retail prices for 188 of them. Using that data we have calculated that their total retail value is US$12706.

Edited by vader11

Huh. I suscribed to Brickset just for this. :laugh:

A little over 30000 pieces, with about 14 sets missing part counts. Not bad, for collecting since '99.

You own 406 sets (334 different). We have piece counts for 297 of them. Using that data we have calculated that you own 61,000 pieces! I have about 2,000 parts not from sets. You own 727 minifigs.

Seeing as I keep my 250 Odd Star wars sets built up, I'll keep them out of the equation for now. I think My MOCing parts collection is currently around 20,000, But I'd easily have well over 100,000 all totaled up :wink:

I think thats quite reasonable really, But I'm sure my MOC parts base will increse as Star Wars sets continue to get more average, and as I get more into my MOCing :sweet:

Edited by Legoman