Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

Bron-Y-Aur

Hi there, This was originally starting out as Myths & Legends part 3, but while I was half way through I realised it wasn't going to fit in the final moc the way Id envisioned. I was going to dismantle it and start again when I saw that CCCVIII had started, so Ive spent the last 2 days building it into a small scene for the misc catagorie. Im going to take some pics of a lot of unused designs from now on, as I realised with my Mary Jane moc that I have a tendency to scrap lots of designs that would have made nice mocs. At least this one will be getting some use in the contest.

5140835613_6a9625652e_z.jpg

5140835427_a69f49f4df_z.jpg

5141332638_4cc5f67807_z.jpg

5140999474_b26eb06c87_z.jpg

5140392563_dd8517a199_z.jpg

I had planned for the whole of Myths & Legends 3 to be lit up with lights built in to every house. This isnt a great pic, but I kept the lights in this moc as there was no way of taking them out without breaking it.

More pics on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/45244184@N04/

Just AWESOME 'Derfel Cardarn' - such a beautiful tudor style building and lights too - SWEET ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Your creations always blow me away, the level of detail and realism is simply amazing.

The addition of lights is a very nice touch IMO.

thanks for sharing!!! Actually thanks for not destroying it and sharing!!!!

Pirate

You've done it again! This moc is fantastic, full of details, and the lights :wub: I hope Indy's whip can hold Vader off! :laugh: Keep up the great work and good luck in the contest!

In all your MOC's it's clear that a bunch of plants and trees makes a MOC look so much better :thumbup:

And the building itself is great too. I really like the tower and the small 1x1 tiles on the house.

Indiana Jones and Darth Vader seem to like the building as well. They seem to be fighting about the ownership of it :laugh:

In all your MOC's it's clear that a bunch of plants and trees makes a MOC look so much better :thumbup:

And the building itself is great too. I really like the tower and the small 1x1 tiles on the house.

Theres nothing to add, wonderful MOC Derfel once again. Evey single time im just in big AWW when i see your MOCs :laugh:

Captain Becker

Wow, you have done it again Sir, this is a truly majestic creation once again that never fails to amaze us with the sheer awesomeness of the whole build. The house structure looks really amazing, but it's really the very lush vegetation and greeneries surrounding it that really elevates the entire MOC to a whole new level. Fantastic job as always Derfel Cardarn! :thumbup:

AWESOME! *oh2*

The size of this MOC is just immense, as is the level of detail on it. I also like the fact the MOC lights up, as well as the 1 x 1 tiles on the sides of the building. :thumbup:

Extremely well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Thanks for the comments!

Indiana Jones and Darth Vader seem to like the building as well. They seem to be fighting about the ownership of it :laugh:

Well when it comes to medieval scenes I allways feel lots of plants really add to bringing it to life. I base a lot of my ideas on the old english countryside and when you see the buildings they are allways overgrown with life, which I feel adds a lot of character. Plus, Ive spent so much on plant elements that I feel I have to get my moneys worth of use :laugh: . But it can get a bit tedious and I think after I have built all my CCC entrys, I will have a break from medieval countryside and build some pirate towns and port and cafe corner style houses!

Thanks again!

The stairs, the chimney, some walls : the stone effect it's really impressive. I'm also very impressed by all the tiny details in the house especially all the wood structure (including the exposed beams just below the roof)

(OK I've just realized I've spent the last hour starring as Derfel Cardarn's Flickr gallery)

Another beauty DC, really has a nice country feel to it. You just can't go wrong with Tan and Brown imho. Good luck with the competition. I am not sure if I will get anything built for CCCVIII. Keep em coming.

Another beauty DC, really has a nice country feel to it. You just can't go wrong with Tan and Brown imho. Good luck with the competition. I am not sure if I will get anything built for CCCVIII. Keep em coming.

Ah, thats where you're wrong, its actually white and brown :laugh: . I got bored with tan and so tryed white and I quite like it, allthough these pics weren't taken in natural light, so the white looks tan! Cheers mate, I expect your take part in the annual classic pirate comp, seeing as you have a habit of winning every time!!! :laugh: Been a while since ive seen a pirate moc from you.

Thanks for the comments everyone

Your mocs always make my jaw drop, this is wonderful, i love how you never hesitate to use the 1x1 circular stud peace. what category in the contest is this for?

Edited by brickartist

Simply stunning!!

Each MOC you do is as impressive as the last. As usual the foliage is perfect, and I love the cottage look with the white walls and crossbeams of brown wood.

Just awesome!

I think I just pooped a little

This is amazingly good! You have a crazy good sense of detail! It's all the little things that make this reall stand out.

That Vader makes me worried though, are you entering the Everyday life in the galaxy contest? I wouldn't have a chance!

I'm not going to say much because this one doesn't need many words. It's great!

Another fantastic MOC from the relentless MOC factory of Derfel Cardarn.

I really love the rock wall. Simply brilliant touch. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ah, thats where you're wrong, its actually white and brown :laugh: . I got bored with tan and so tryed white and I quite like it, allthough these pics weren't taken in natural light, so the white looks tan! Cheers mate, I expect your take part in the annual classic pirate comp, seeing as you have a habit of winning every time!!! :laugh: Been a while since ive seen a pirate moc from you.

Thanks for the comments everyone

Lol, damn was using the wife's laptop and the monitor is tricky for colour spotting. I have some plans for Pirate stuff moreso than Castle, though Staff can't win comps on EB :laugh:

Uni is done for the year and now its time for some MOCing!