mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

I think the problem with the pricing on the Village Mill is the inevitable comparison with MMV. There, for only $30 more, you are getting over 900 more pieces (including two cows and a horse).

I'm sure I'll pick up the Village Mill, but I'll wait for the pre-Christmas sales at Toys R Us to pick it up for 20% or more off list price. $56 is a much more reasonable price, and if you use one of the Rewards R Us 20% off coupons before TRU does their annual pre-Christmas price hikes, you can get a good deal like that.

In reality only the King's carriage ambush seems to be lacking in the value department. Considering the carriage set seems to have gotten the least warm reception, I predict it will not be a great seller. (Just call me Nostradamus) It is too bad... I really like the design of the carriage and the King. But how many King figs can a guy use?

The carriage set looks like a good candidate for splitting. The tree offers a lot of reddish brown & green parts that are usually expensive but certainly useful. I, for example, would use them to build a forest home for elves. And if you split the trees+carriage like $15+25 (or maybe $20+20), prices are suddenly much friendlier. Just my two cents.

I think the problem with the pricing on the Village Mill is the inevitable comparison with MMV. There, for only $30 more, you are getting over 900 more pieces (including two cows and a horse).

I'm sure I'll pick up the Village Mill, but I'll wait for the pre-Christmas sales at Toys R Us to pick it up for 20% or more off list price. $56 is a much more reasonable price, and if you use one of the Rewards R Us 20% off coupons before TRU does their annual pre-Christmas price hikes, you can get a good deal like that.

To be honest, I am not so sure that the MMV was so much cheaper.

Sure there were two great cows in the MMV, but in the MVR you get a new horse, new pig, two new goats and three chickens - hence regarding animals I don't think the MMV was better.

Moreover, the 3 civilians in the MVR have unique torsos (which is also a plus).

Lastly, the MMV included zillions of very small pieces. Well obviously this inflates the number of pieces. The pieces included in the MVR are in many cases both useful and in rare colours.

The only thing that was definitively better in the MMV were the interiors. But then again, the MMV was an exclusive, while this is only a normal set.

In sum, I think the MVR is a actually a very cheap set. Moreover, it has a great design and well it's about medieval life (not just medieval warfare). I will buy multiples of it, and (hopefully) send out a signal that I want more of such sets. :tongue: Keep 'em coming!

Regarding pictures of the new sets, I don't know whether this picture is already out here, but it shows the head and (to a lesser extent) torso of the blacksmith. Look good - and luckily different from the old torso and faces :thumbup:

Blacksmith

This picture shows a new face for the dragon knights. Can't say I particularly like it, but I will just replace it.

Edited by KristofBD

My interest for the Dragon Prison set has peeked now that it looks like the helmet and not just the visor will be pearl grey. Last week's photos had a black helmet with a pearl grey visor, but the photos from the NY Toy Fair appear to have both a pearl visor and a pearl helmet. That really ups the value of this set IMO. Coupled with the blank pearl grey breastplate that comes with the Blacksmith, I'll be able to equip any faction I choose with dark pearl grey armour and a proper 15th/16th century helm.

Yep, I'm sold on the mill set, turn the handle for the mill stone to do it's work - AWESOME !

And the more I see the blacksmith set.....sold as well....both perfect additions to MMV....even though it comes with a blacksmith shop.....nothing like fair trade eh ? :laugh:

Might just make a custom arrangement of my very own Timeteam so Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Am I the only one who really likes the carriage set? The setup with the two trees is awesome, and can be useful for a Forestmen or Elves setup... and the carriage itself is, in my opinion, the best Castle carriage made by LEGO so far. The figures are great as well, as you get 2 Dragon knights (who can't use more of those?) and a king fig that is not only an inexpensive way to get him as well as something different for those who already have him. Too bad about the prints on the horses, but it's a minor issue to me.

I think all sets but the blacksmith and maybe the prison are a bit overpriced, though. But that's just the way LEGO runs their game nowadays.

Yep, I'm sold on the mill set, turn the handle for the mill stone to do it's work - AWESOME !

And the more I see the blacksmith set.....sold as well....both perfect additions to MMV....even though it comes with a blacksmith shop.....nothing like fair trade eh ? :laugh:

Might just make a custom arrangement of my very own Timeteam so Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Agreed-- about once or twice a year, I actually feel like price point on a Lego set is well worth the price if not a bargain from the consumer's end. (Yes, sadly it's only a few times a year, but that's another story). At $69.99 USD, THIS IS ONE OF THOSE SETS! Between the beautiful barn, the windmill, all of those figures, not to mention all of those animals, I feel like TLG was very gracious with the purchase price here. Thanks TLG!

The dragon knight's armor has new printing:

Old:

2587pb24.jpg?1

New:

5444324034_788b5e0abf.jpg

Back printing on the king looks just as good as the front!:

5443730827_8c0e11e88b.jpg

Edited by UsernameMDM

Despite the lack of interior in the farm house (which can be solved easily anyway), i really love the mill set :wub: The inside of the mill looks great, just like a real mill :thumbup: I'm really looking forward to put this and the blacksmith set next to my MMV, i bet it'll look great.

Coupled with the blank pearl grey breastplate that comes with the Blacksmith, I'll be able to equip any faction I choose with dark pearl grey armour and a proper 15th/16th century helm.

Versus the faction with the light pearl armor or metallic silver armor. Sounds like a plan to me!

The barn and windmill could be compared with MMV (new animals, new caracters, bucket, pitchforks, shutters and great variety of bricks in tan, redish and dark brown, ...). The blacksmith shop is nice too only new wepons look like strange to me, bow might be used for orks archers? Other two sets are not so interesting for me.

You guys think these new sets were thought to look well with the MMV?

Any hopes Lego will be releasing a new über-set like the MMV for Kingdoms? (The MMV sort of was for Castle, isn't it?)

You guys think these new sets were thought to look well with the MMV?

Any hopes Lego will be releasing a new über-set like the MMV for Kingdoms? (The MMV sort of was for Castle, isn't it?)

Yes it was for castle; it was listed under all the other castle sets, had crownies in it, and a matter of other reasons.

I believe I'm gonna buy another MMV, two of the windmill sets, probably ten dragon knight prisons :grin: , and one, maybe more of the other sets.

I'm surprised nobody has posted these pics, This is from the Toy Fair 2011 extremely detailed photos and close ups of the 2011 Kingdoms Set(and other sets) the guy got a chance to touch them and pose them...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/page38/

Starts at the bottom right, hopefully you guys enjoy it, I'm sold completely with the Mill Raid set the things you can do is majestic!

Edited by eldiano

I'm surprised nobody has posted these pics, This is from the Toy Fair 2011 extremely detailed photos and close ups of the 2011 Kingdoms Set(and other sets) the guy got a chance to touch them and pose them...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/page38/

Starts at the bottom right, hopefully you guys enjoy it, I'm sold completely with the Mill Raid set the things you can do is majestic!

That's got to be the best introduction anyone has ever made in this forum! :thumbup:

Well, there were some links to the individual pics on the last page, but these pics (let alone the sets) are so great they merit some repeating! Also, welcome to the forums. :classic:

Looking at this picture again, it seems that my original (if unvoiced) suspicion was correct: the winch is lifted and lowered by turning around the weather vane! :laugh:

Edited by Haltiamieli

The new pictures look great. I'm loving the new grey colored hawk visor helmet. So many new pieces and molds. I the horse designs are amazing too. I am just hoping that the August date isn't a certain. Hopefully, as previous posters have mentioned, we'll get them in the states by June. Fingers crossed. New Castle sets, and POTC, this is going to be an expensive summer . . . totally worth it.

I really hope the bow is not final, I really don't like that steel-ish bow and I think that its grip is too small for regular minifigs hands!

Ditto.

A humble civilian house of that era, like for a farmer and his wife to live in plus more animals....that's what missing from I think any of the castle/kingdom's era's.

Can you hear us Lego......civilian sets ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out... but how weird is that? Good guess!

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out... but how weird is that? Good guess!

Er, how weird what is ?

It's odd to notice small things, but the buckets will Kingdom's sets have a brown handle and POTC sets have a tan handle....why ?

Also the new bow/arrow piece - why is that whole piece a single metallic colour ?

Has anyone noticed the Dragon kite shield? LEGO Toy Fair - Kingdoms - 7187 Escape From Dragon's Prison - 04 Finally a proper leader figure for the Dragon knights. I Wish i had one of the green dragons from the troll warship set to have this guy as a rider.

The blacksmith is poorly made IMHO, it is just a copy of the same play feature as in MMV, and the waterwheel looks too large to such a small building. Surely it could have been possible to give us another kind of craftsman, like a potter, baker or cooper. But I'll buy it anyway :wink:

Edited by GreenKnight