Sign in to follow this  
AllanSmith

Hero Factory 2010

I don't think he'll be able to take pictures for this playtest. If it's LEGO, you know how secretive they are about upcoming releases. :wink:

I have participated in a single play test in Legoland Billund, where future Bionicle products were investigated. Or should I say the stuff that will replace Bionicle. Yes, I managed the test together with two of our set designers, being a part designer myself. We had kids in the range of 6-10 year old looking at our future products and ideas. We showed them some 2010 set prototypes (more or less resembling the final products), and asked what they thought about different play scenarios, showing graphical stuff like drawings of sets and environments.

The play test was not the usual test we do, but a very early one probing our ideas.

Let me make it clear that you can't take any pictures during a play test. You will be in close contact with Lego employees and taking out a cell phone will be seen immediately.

It was really funny to participate in the test. Most of the kids really enjoyed it, although some were a bit disappointed that they were not to build anything. But they loved to see our prototypes and talk about cool scenarios and conflicts between the good and the bad guys, using their imagination to the fullest. And they ended up receiving a Glatorian Legend set as a gift. Some of the kids could spend several minutes before they decided which set to pick :classic:

And now I wrote the above in this particular thread, which is named in a way I struggle to imagine will ever be a reality.

I have participated in a single play test in Legoland Billund, where future Bionicle products were investigated. Or should I say the stuff that will replace Bionicle. Yes, I managed the test together with two of our set designers, being a part designer myself. We had kids in the range of 6-10 year old looking at our future products and ideas. We showed them some 2010 set prototypes (more or less resembling the final products), and asked what they thought about different play scenarios, showing graphical stuff like drawings of sets and environments.

The play test was not the usual test we do, but a very early one probing our ideas.

Let me make it clear that you can't take any pictures during a play test. You will be in close contact with Lego employees and taking out a cell phone will be seen immediately.

It was really funny to participate in the test. Most of the kids really enjoyed it, although some were a bit disappointed that they were not to build anything. But they loved to see our prototypes and talk about cool scenarios and conflicts between the good and the bad guys, using their imagination to the fullest. And they ended up receiving a Glatorian Legend set as a gift. Some of the kids could spend several minutes before they decided which set to pick :classic:

And now I wrote the above in this particular thread, which is named in a way I struggle to imagine will ever be a reality.

Good to hear it.

I hope it'll have a different name. :sceptic:

You're saying then Front, that these names are placeholders or the name of the theme is a placeholder?

God I'm starting to sound obnoxious. Asking all these questions. :tongue:

It's been nine years. And we're LEGO fans. Build a bridge (with whichever type of LEGO produced building elements you prefer) and get over it.

Yeah, you're right. Peace. :sweet:

We've seen, what...

Fuzzy thumbnails of some sets? And the possible names?

And we're assuming whether we're gonna get one or not, and even more, that the story might suck?

It also might be the next big epic story. It might not have a story.

How can we tell anything from these pictures and names?

You're also right. Maybe I had those strange negative emotions against the HerO Factory line because I was upset that Bionicle was getting replaced. :sweet:

Interestingly, I'm now actually planning on getting one of the HerO Factory boxes because they remind me of Throwbots / Slizer, and (Ironically) I just so happen to like Throwbots / Slizer. :laugh:

Well, here's a PM from my friend. I asked if he'd playtested yet. He says:

More like "Gaytest".

I was found to be 13. The max age is 12.

At least I got to stay the rest of the day at legoland! :)

=/

-Mesonak

Well, here's a PM from my friend. I asked if he'd playtested yet. He says:

=/

-Mesonak

Another LEGO line limited from 6 to 12 years old? Great, something that BIONICLE's better at.

EH? The HerO Factory targeted market is only for 6-12 year olds?

Wasn't Bionicle for ages 7+?

Suspicious ...

Edited by Bricknave

Doing test on the 1st of January ? Telling a kid that he's just over the age limit, and then can't participate ?

Edited by Front

Suspicious ...

Has anyone ever bought a LEGO set based on the age range on the box? Didn't some Creator sets have the ages 1-99 on their boxes?

Why make this an issue? :wacko:

Suspicious ...

Ben-10 :alien:

I think it is fake anyway. Front makes alot of sense (and he is a designer!).

It seems nobody noticed this yet so I'll point it out:

William Blaze: makes me think Billy Blazes (Recue Heroes)

Edited by Jetrax99

Front never makes the least bit of sense. :tongue:

-Ikk

Eh? When has Front ever not made sense? The only possible time I can think of is when he hinted that Bionicle was not ending a while ago, but other than that I don't know what you're talking about. Unless, the internet is once again hiding some sort of sarcasm that would be easy to detect in real life. :tongue:

Egads, just when I thought the names couldn't get worse. :hmpf:

Whether the playtest was fake or not, don't shoot me: I'm just the messenger. :P

Also, agreed about the names. =/

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

Jetrax99 said:

For a split second I thought you said Billy Mays.

It's honestly no different from bionicle though, Kanohi always sounded like cannoli

Eh? When has Front ever not made sense? The only possible time I can think of is when he hinted that Bionicle was not ending a while ago, but other than that I don't know what you're talking about. Unless, the internet is once again hiding some sort of sarcasm that would be easy to detect in real life. :tongue:

Whenever he posts about future stuff, he's quite cryptic in his wordings. But I suppose it's more fun than 'can't answer it'. =P

While I have not personally seen the Hero Factory sets, I can say it's safe to assume the Ben 10 Torso pieces are being used. Especially on the smaller sets.

While I have not personally seen the Hero Factory sets, I can say it's safe to assume the Ben 10 Torso pieces are being used. Especially on the smaller sets.

The torso pieces for the smallies are new, but they don't look Ben-10. To be honest they look more like Knights Kingdom.

To be honest, I'll be happy if they're anything except Inika armor. :tongue:

Edited by Darth Bionics

They look more like the body pieces used on the Makuta Phantoka. To me at least. ._.

-Mesonak

To be honest, I'll be happy if they're anything except Inika armor. :tongue:

Agreed. Inika armor had been re-used for far too long, to the point where people could build canisters containing Inika armor pieces without even looking at the instructions. That is one positive feature for the new HerO Factory Hero canisters.

Hopefully, the full torso wouldn't be two big pieces either, as previous comments had mentioned. If so, then it would greatly subtract the building experience, which is what LEGO is all about.

Agreed. Inika armor had been re-used for far too long, to the point where people could build canisters containing Inika armor pieces without even looking at the instructions. That is one positive feature for the new HerO Factory Hero canisters.

Hopefully, the full torso wouldn't be two big pieces either, as previous comments had mentioned. If so, then it would greatly subtract the building experience, which is what LEGO is all about.

Then again, Anyone could build a Ben 10 set in about 10 seconds without instructions, and they didn't have inika armor.

Then again, Anyone could build a Ben 10 set in about 10 seconds without instructions, and they didn't have inika armor.

It's not the simplicity that I don't like, it's that we've had this design for four years as the main body.

I'd just take anything that would give more variety to my MOCs. (I have 8 Inika sets, not counting all the sets that reused them so you could say I've had my fill of them. :tongue: )