Sign in to follow this  
AllanSmith

Hero Factory 2010

^ Summer.

William Blaze: Nothing much new here, but once again I'm really wondering how anyone can actually like that new torso mold. It looks far too big on the actual set, and that emblem on the front drastically reduces its uses. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's worse than the Hordika torso, which already was a very poor piece of plastic. :sick:

Preston Stormer: Again, nothing much to say here, except that his color scheme looks terrible now, and his weapons don't look nearly as cool as I thought they did in the early photos. Come on TLC - they were fine the way they were, and now you had to change them for the worse! :hmpf_bad:

Are you talking about the actual torso pieces, or the armor that goes over them?

Also, pretty sure Surge's weapons can be held two ways/have two connection points.

Edited by Bfahome

First of all, what the heck is with that Bionicle logo on all of the Hero Factory sets? I know that this was announced a while ago, but it looks really weird, especially since the actual Hero Factory logo is on the top of the box. I guess I understand the strategy of this move, since it's basically TLC saying "look, this is close enough to Bionicle that you won't even notice that the original theme is gone," and yet it feels kind of cheap somehow. :sceptic:

The reason we were told was it would help ease the transition between the two themes. While I'd prefer the logo not to be there, it will strengthen the theme name of Hero Factory by transfering the existing faith in Bionicle's theme name.

I'd say the toy fare cgi pics (adverts towards consumers) are more official than these ones (prototypes to get deals with retailers). So, probably stormer's weapon would look more like the cgi pic than the fair pic. (Actually, I see no difference, only that they forgot to attach the electricity to the right hand)

Which kind of shows that the electricity / fire / etc effects are detachable from the silver thing, which is great. Adding the more detailed foot decoration and all. I think that all that is needed for the heroes to go to my approved list is that the emblems were removable from the rest of the chest decoration.

What they are saying is basically that even though there are apparently ZERO pins or axles doesn't mean the set has to suck (av-matoran/agori I am looking at you) and they still can provide a good variability/amount of parts. I just hope the no pin/axle philosophy does get added to the larger sets though.

Edited by vexorian

Von and Rotor's names got the same font as the villians so they must be villians. And God do I wish that lego don't change the orange thornax launcher on Rotor *looks at box* D:

...actually, are these

new arms bendable?

Look at the Furno

Bike´s driver and

compare with William

Blaze one´s...

...actually, are these

new arms bendable?

Look at the Furno

Bike´s driver and

compare with William

Blaze one´s...

All we have of the bike is a pic of the box art, which is always a cgi...

...actually, are these

new arms bendable?

Look at the Furno

Bike´s driver and

compare with William

Blaze one´s...

Is the large font and bolding nessescary?

And no, they are not bendable.

Is the large font and bolding nessescary?

And no, they are not bendable.

Yeah, it cant be quite annoying to read. :sceptic:

They are two different arm types. :thumbup:

Edited by The crazy one

Yeah, it cant be quite annoying to read. :sceptic:

They are two different arm types. :thumbup:

Really? I can only see L shaped Agori arms and those straighter HF arms. Do you really think that Furno Bike has a unique arm piece made just for the set?

Really? I can only see L shaped Agori arms and those straighter HF arms. Do you really think that Furno Bike has a unique arm piece made just for the set?

hallo 80. do you think you'll be the first to review these sets?

hallo 80. do you think you'll be the first to review these sets?

You guys are getting them sooner and sooner. I highly doubt I'll be able to get them first but I'll try to get them ASAP and review them here. ;)

You guys are getting them sooner and sooner. I highly doubt I'll be able to get them first but I'll try to get them ASAP and review them here. ;)

I hope am HF set will be my first review. I claim Xplode! :tongue:

When I first saw Xplode it reminded me of the green barraki, Ehlek. Anyone else reminded of that?

He reminded me of Skrall. I just noticed that he has movable spiky part on his back as armor and so does Nebula with Bohrock shields. Interesting...

I don't care what y'all say about the horn, I think Corroder is a badarse. though I really hate the Ben10 legs

I really hate Xplode's face- its hideous in a very non-cool way, but that's just my own preference. I'm a freak lol.

Meltdown is still the best of the bunch, so no argument there...

I already disliked Mark Surge, so I wasn't to terribly disappointed with the set. Willy Blaze isn't all bad, but still not as good as I had hoped.

I'm really disappointed with your reactions to reused parts. Honestly? with all of the new parts that the Bionicle line has been spewing out, it's ab out damn time they had another use. I, for one was thrilled to see the return of Crosteseus' mask in blue, and the Phantoka wings on the dropship. Parts like that just make sense for that kind of thing, ya know? And the return of Hydraxon's face was kinda neat, too(though Von Nebula is a little disappointing on the whole...)

but enough about that.

My thoughts on the sets themselves:

Dropship- VERY nice. a bit small, but looks very swooshable. blue is a nice color to see, and for once, the silver looks good-especially with the yellow. I think they did good on the panels- less gappy than previous airships.

Furno Bike- Orange Pohatu Phantoka arm, orang bitil wings, orange bohrok head... all on a black and silver body! very nice sturdy design. The driver isn't even that bad(though he is entirely red). I'll be seeing this one in my collection.

Von Nebula is a terrible design in that pic, but give the fact that his beetle shell is on backwards, I'm willing to be a properly built version could look decent.

Rotor has the coolest face I've ever seen. Why? because it has no eyes. The orange and black is nice, and his design looks solid for a $20 set.

Another question left... sort of answered, but not really...

Edited by Artahn

Distribution. His area gets them quicker than some areas.

I just realized something. All the people's powers/elemental themes are obvious based on their names, besides Duncan Bulk and Jimi Stringer. Duncan Bulk is presumably metal-themed, given his weapon description in the first page and his outrageously metallic color scheme.

But what about Jimi Stringer? Well, when you consider that his first name is "Jimi" with that precise spelling, that his description calls his tool a "multi-function sonic weapon", and the meanings that "stringer" would imply... he would seem to be a sound-based character, with a name that's quite possibly a reference to a certain very famous guitarist. :tongue:

All guesswork, but seriously, since he doesn't have "spider powers" or anything I can't imagine what else "stringer" is meant to imply.

BTW, that new lineup image is hotness. Very ambiguous backdrop image, though-- I can only guess it's meant to show some "disaster area" the heroes might be called to (and even that's making a lot of assumptions).

2010-01-28%2015.49.19.jpg

Deeplinked for convenience. :classic:

Is Mark Surge's electricity tool split in two in that picture? That would be great if the set can do that!