The XML-parts-list files on my website make it easy to find the parts at Bricklink. The Elecxtric Power Functions-parts can best be bought at shop.lego.com

To load the Brickstore XML-files, right-click on the link and use “Save target as...”

To open the Brickstore XML-files, Brickstore-software is required. This can be downloaded at www.brickforge.de . This program makes it easy to find the required parts at Bricklink.

http://www.brickforge.de/software/brickstore/

In Brickstore, there is an option “Export List XML to clipboard”. Use it after loading the parts-list file and press OK. Then the Bricklink site opens on the "Wanted list Mass Upload page". Paste the wanted list to the entry field (Ctrl + V) and press "verify items". Scroll down and press "Upload file" and then "view your updated wanted list"

If you go to the (next) tab "By shop" you can see which shop have how many of the parts you need.

Bricklink.com

Click on "Buy lego" and then parts and then search the catagories. (is it sad that i did that without even looking at the website :wink: )

tim

Thanks buddy. This is what I want. Honestly, this is my first customized Technic. Really appreciated this kind of help.

Thanks buddy. This is what I want. Honestly, this is my first customized Technic. Really appreciated this kind of help.

No problem. you will find that this forum is full of pleasant helpful people :sweet: . don't forget to post your progress.

tim

No problem. you will find that this forum is full of pleasant helpful people :sweet: . don't forget to post your progress.

tim

Really? :laugh:

Hey all. I know this is not a modification buy i have problems with my 8043 PF system. I just bought it, and i assamble it last night. The problem is tbe BLUE part of the controls won't work. The monors don't get any juice from the battery. Otherwise, the red part of the controls works perfectly. What have i done wrong ?

Hey all. I know this is not a modification buy i have problems with my 8043 PF system. I just bought it, and i assamble it last night. The problem is tbe BLUE part of the controls won't work. The monors don't get any juice from the battery. Otherwise, the red part of the controls works perfectly. What have i done wrong ?

Check your cable connections: receiver,motor etc.:classic:

If thay are not connected right it will not work,also check your your receiver and the controller,you should see a green light in the top of the receiver to tell you you got power.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I had the same problem where one of the IR-receivers ports was not working. I detached the receivers from the Excavator and all was fine. Turned out that it would not work as long as the 32000 Black Technic, Brick 1 x 2 with Holes was attached on top of the cable (attached in step 17, page 60 in the first manual).

As a work around I just removed the Brick 1 x 2 with Holes and figured that something was broken inside the IR-receiver (I tried swapping the motor cables around and the problem stayed with the same port on one of the IR-receivers).

Then I forgot about it and has not researched it further.

So try removing the bricks on top of the cables and see if it works after that. If so you might want to do some further testing to see if it's really the receiver that's broken.

If it's broken you can request a replacement here, you might need to send the broken one back: http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/replacementparts/default.aspx

While you wait you can do as I did and simply remove the brick 1 x 2. With the blue being the culprit you need to swap the receivers so it instead becomes the green.

I found the problem and fixed it. Some of the cables weren't attached properly and that's why it didn't work. Although, the cable were loose because of the 1 x 2 Brick with Holes. Now that i figured this out, i can say that 8043 is a true wonder, i can say this is the best Technic - Construction set. I know this is not the topic for this, but maybe someone is interested in how the 8043 compares in size along other sets.

8043 vs 8265 vs 8069 vs 8053

6764594803_0044bf9b14.jpg

PS: Big thx for you guys for helping me ;)

I had the same problem where one of the IR-receivers ports was not working.

Kind a wrong topic, but right now I have the same problem. One of the ports is not working. The IR-receivers are not mounted to excavator at the moment, so it is not that "black brick" problem... I'm building other stuff and using recivers for that. There's m-motor attached to both ports, the green light is flashnig while using remote (from both ports) but second m-motor keeps quiet. Really annoying, I don't believe it's broken, since it worked on excavator just fine...

EDIT: I changed the motors vice versa and now it works, both ports... Interesting!

Edited by Finntech

Anyone have the parts list for the Bucket Mod?

Edited by Brewc

I don't have a parts-list for only the bucket mod, But there are instructions for this. This might be helpfull in seeing which parts you need. Clicking the image takes you to a high-resolution version.

instructions_bucket_klein.jpg

Jurgenn I've seen two different Bucket mods, the one above ends at shot 16 what do you do after that?

@ Brewc: I have built Jurgen Krooshoop's excellent Ultimate 8043. On this webpage, if you download Part 2 of the Ultimate 8043's PDF Building Instructions, you will see the 16 Bucket Mod steps (pictured above) on PDF page 10. The next few pages show the excavator's arm attachment points -- there really is no additional steps for the bucket per se.

@Brewc, Sorry, I don't have a parts list for that. Have you tried asking Barman? He's on this forum as well.

Edited by Jurgen Krooshoop

I will contact himm. I have a bigger problem as I finished it but the tracks don't move at all motor run but nothing and the red stick moves the boom in/out if i push forward/back left/right, doesnt move the actuators closest to the cab. On the red if i use forward/back it moves fast going out/back but if go left/right its same section but very slow. any ideas where I have got something not lined up? also light not working either not sure how to get those on.

thanks for any help

I will contact himm. I have a bigger problem as I finished it but the tracks don't move at all motor run but nothing and the red stick moves the boom in/out if i push forward/back left/right, doesnt move the actuators closest to the cab. On the red if i use forward/back it moves fast going out/back but if go left/right its same section but very slow. any ideas where I have got something not lined up? also light not working either not sure how to get those on.

thanks for any help

Check the building instruction on around step 11 for the chassis. Maybe you've turned around the first gear box?

@ Brewc: Are you building a standard 8043 or the modified 8043 ?

About the lights: If you're using the 8878 rechargeable battery, then you have to turn the orange dial on the battery-box clockwise or counter-clockwise for the lights to go on.

@ Brewc: Are you building a standard 8043 or the modified 8043 ?

About the lights: If you're using the 8878 rechargeable battery, then you have to turn the orange dial on the battery-box clockwise or counter-clockwise for the lights to go on.

I built the ultimate per your instructions. Ok about the lights didn't know that about the rechargeable box, be tomorrow until I get into figuring what I messed up lol. I'll use your utube video to figure mapping the joysticks but the tracks not working an the other LA not working as me stumped.

Ok well looking at it the gooseneck boom part doesnt move at all. looking at it from the back with the motors on bottom the three gears at the top dont turn in any way to move the gooseneck unless I turn them.

Maybe the LA has hit it's internal clutch. Does the LA work when you take it off ?

For the tracks: check all the gears. No wires stuck between them ?

I allways regularly check all the drivetrains during construction. Everytime I add a gear, I check if that drivetrain still functions.

Edited by Jurgen Krooshoop

I allways regularly check all the drivetrains during construction. Everytime I add a gear, I check if that drivetrain still functions.

Pretty much the Golden Rule of Technic Building!! Its surprisingly easy to make the smallest mistake that stops everything from working!

BTW... Jurgen Im not sure you knew this but someone recently was able to sell your modified version of the 8043 on ebay for just shy of 300 bucks. Looks like people know your work! (or they know the value of the extra parts...haha).

I can turn the gears manually on the back to get the gooseneck to move and the ones behind it closer to the battery box work fine to move the boom, but nothing turns the two ouuer ones.