I have created a new module :

aGBCnico71.jpg

you can watch it at 3min10 on the video of the setechnic 2010 meeting :

Also, I have created the building instruction with SR3D builder and Lpub4.0. I am satisfied of the result, the building instruction are clear and readable. Follow the link to check the gallery

http://www.nico71.fr/?p=553

The brickshefl gallery : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=440707 (soon public).

All comments are welcome. :)

Ooooo, a Metachronal rhythm. Never seen one in LEGO before, so you've made a first! Very well done indeed. It looks like the one tooth offset is the key to the whole thing. I can image this same mechanism constructed in a much longer chain with a continuous offset on the gears so you could actually see the whole wave.

I love the archimedes screw principle as well; and some great educational elements which would be great for kids (in a modular way). Actually this is something I had been planning on as a development project for later this year - 2011... so I may come back to you.

Sorry that this may be a nooby and slightly off-topic question - but for great ball contraptions, where do you get the soccer balls?

Thats very smart! I also like, that its simple, and therefore reliable!

That is very true. Building something in a simple maner will make the MOC efficient/reliable/etc.

But it's hard to build something simple ! :laugh:

Congrats for the module and for geeting your LUG to start doing GBC. My first GBC was just 3 modules, but it got other AFOLs inspired and the next year we had about 20!

[bUMP]

Nico71 (Nicolas Lespour) has added "The Wave" Great Ball Contraption (GBC) module to Technicmad's Rebrickable website. :thumbup:

MOC-0047.jpg

Edited by DLuders