KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Wasn't in these days going to take place some sort of LEGO expo? I read some time ago that it was often the time when new details about UCSs were revealed.

Well one of the reasons UCS is ultimate is the amount of secrecy by removing that would be like be taking the jam out of a young child's doughnut.

A member over on BrickHorizon has posted some pics of most of the summer sets and reviewed them in small detail. :classic:

Thanks! New pictures are always nice to get. I really like all the sets, even if they do have some flaws.

A member SMEH from Croatian forum Igracke (Toys) has done a review of the new MF:

http://igracke.ucoz.com/forum/8-558-1

Thank you, also! Somehow, this review makes me like the set a little more, even though I can't read the comments. The figures are very nice, especially Luke. I like the exterior, however much everyone else seems to hate it. it's a nice set, so if I get enough money, I might just pick this up.

Hmm...still can't tell what's up with the Falcon's landing gear. I like the the look of them, but if they are stuck there all the time that's going to bug me. At first I was hoping they could be folded up, if only a little, but those pics on brickhorizon don't seem to indicate that. Plus, the connections look they're inside the hull so they might not be easily taken off either. That would be a major hindrance to the swooshing I plan on doing with this bad boy. Hrm...

54660562.jpg

Did we ever confirm the landing gear doesn't fold up? It would appear that it will with this picture, the ship is being tilted and the front gear is starting to fold forwards.

Got MF yesterday and it looks fairly good. Big cost in Australia RRP $AU250 ($US269). Got in at a sale though for $AU200. Bit of a saving but still not as good as being in the US. The big problem with this set is that it is very Spartan on the inside. I have ordered some parts on Bricklink and will put the hyper-drive in similar to MF 4504. Have modded it up a fair bit, tidied up and concealed the technic beams underneath, put different/raised landing gear on it similar to our 1st MF 7190. It looks really good now, Our 1st MF has been moved to the back of our display shelves. Have put the new MF in our Hoth Hanger bay scene, destroying the Snow troopers as the try to set up their cannon. Worth buying. Now I'm of to get Anakins Pod racer.

Edited by cratra

I think Fallenangel already linked those pictures...but they were on flickr

Thanks, ceroknight, for remembering...

That said what is up with the mandibles?!

But as far as I can see, the new interior doesn't look as good as the old one, especially the hyperdrive. That's a downside to me cause I really love the interior with machine and clear part.

Addressed here. :wink:

@StoutFiles: I've looked through the instructions for 7965 on the LEGO website, and I think pages 22-24 would answer your question regarding the landing gear.

I really like Lukes hair in the MF, I'm guessing it's the same in the Hoth Base. I'm also looking forward to getting the Republic Frigate and Geonosian Fighter mainly for the clones and the RF, but for the Jedi as well. Then getting the Naboo N 1 for the BDs. Finally, the pod racer set for everything. Anyone know the length of the Republic Frigate?

I have a question about the new MF.

With that practice droid thing in the MF, is that light bley peice running through the middle of the droids body a new piece?

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

I'm honestly pretty tired of the multiple Millennium Falcon's that Lego has been releasing. All of them are very similar and besides some cosmetic differences they're all pretty similar. I would rather have Lego release a different large vehicle that has not been released before.

And they STILL can't get one right :grin:.

The interior is OK but a combination of all three interiors would be better, unlike the other 2 this has the room to make a satisfying interior, so not much modding is needed.

Also I saw the comparison pic fallenangel309 posted, but which looked best? (obviously not 7190 :laugh:).

The new MF really looked akward to my eyes when I spotted it at TRU. Especially the mandibles are undersized compared to the rest. I'm mainly collecting the sets on the shelf, but my son also plays with them, so the interior is not that important for me. My first thought was "loos weird, i'm not going to buy it". Now, after seeing many pictures and comparisons to the older MF, I've decided to get it, as soon as the prices go down a bit. TRU always offers 20% off 3-4 times a year, so I'll wait for this. Since we don't have the older MF (selled mine years ago) I will have at least one MF in my collection.

We did buy the Republic Frigate, though. I was totally crazed about this ship and it really is so cool. I also have the red Republic Cruiser, and while there are certain similarities, they are pretty different in many aspects. The interor is done more nicely and the weapons give it a nice look. The figures are all great, except maybe for Yoda (same one as in the AAT), but Quinlan Vos and Eeth Koth and especially the Wolfpack troopers are incredibly. They have even given Commander Wolffe another clone head, lacking one eye and with some scars on it.

The other item we bought is the Sith Infiltrator. While the upper hull and the cockpit looks good, the underside is - well, there is no real underside, just some struts and Technic stuff. This was a bit disapointing, especially with the price (70 euros). The figures are all very nice, though, and my son was so hot for this item...

Can't wait for the UCS Executor - luckily, we move from out flat to a new house in fall, so I'll have enough space in the living room to show this behemoth (maybe with a clear displaycase around it...)

Falcon is such an important craft it's baffling it's the first system one in 7 years. Think people deserve the chance to get a Falcon - even though I own 2 I'm never going to complain about set redesigns....more we get the better chance we'll get the set done right!

About time for a better AT-TE, a tan AAT, gungan sub and sandcrawler!

About time for a better AT-TE... and sandcrawler!

Nah, small niggles aside, those sets are pretty good (Pre emptive shut up to fallenangel :tongue: )

I agree about the Tan AAT and a proper accurate Gungan sub. (With all the curve bricks introduced, It has the potential to be a really good set)

Nah, small niggles aside, those sets are pretty good (Pre emptive shut up to fallenangel :tongue: )

Could we not? Thanks... :wink:

To answer Lord of the Fries' question... it looks like a variant of this piece. It looks new to me... can someone confirm this?

Just found this video review on youtube of the Millenium Falcon and as much feared the landing legs dont look like they retract and only one figure can fit in the cockpit and lots and lots of room in the interior.

Edited by kermit

Just found this video review on youtube of the Millenium Falcon and as much feared the landing legs dont look like they retract and only one figure can fit in the cockpit and lots and lots of room in the interior.

Two fit, they'll just have to be properly straddled in the cockpit. If it worked in the old Falcon it'll work in this one.

Sucks about the landing gear, but the bottom is so ugly I'll have to display it at an angle where the bottom won't be seen anyway.

Got a lot of 2 legs or 4 legs walker lately. I think it should be about the next gunship. The first one is movie accurate and the price is sky high, the second one is animated accurate and the price is universe high. Both were in my dark age so I really wish for 3rd version :hmpf:.

Got a lot of 2 legs or 4 legs walker lately. I think it should be about the next gunship. The first one is movie accurate and the price is sky high, the second one is animated accurate and the price is universe high. Both were in my dark age so I really wish for 3rd version :hmpf:.

I agree with you, prices are VERY high.

But I think it is time to redesign some of the older sets like Jabbas Palace (there are plenty possibilities for several sets), Cloud City, Mos Eisley Cantina etc. pp

And I would still love a really good made System B-wing Fighter, and of course: UCS AT-AT and B-wing Fighter!

BTW: The Super Star Destroyer will be available in October, costs 370 EUR and contains nearly 3.200 Pieces...

greetings Hendrik

I've already got several ideas on how I'm gonna mod that Millennium Falcon, I think I know an easy way to make the landing gear retractable..

To answer Lord of the Fries' question... it looks like a variant of this piece.

That's what I thought it looks like too. But I was reading some Eurobricks reviews of some Space Police sets and I think that this 'new' piece we are talking about came in some, acting as a police blaster.

BTW: The Super Star Destroyer will be available in October, costs 370 EUR and contains nearly 3.200 Pieces...

if that price is true then i think i will pass and spend the money on the Technic Unimog!

Stopped by the Lego store in Cincy, Ohio; they have no idea when the sets will come. The employee there went so far as to say he thinks the US won't get the summer line till October. I'm thinking early August, guess we'll see what happens.

I presume that that figure is 3,200 pieces, and not 3.2 pieces. Because £3.50 is a lot for nearly 4 pieces :grin:.