whung

10214: Tower Bridge

Yeah, why not just release this as the Exclusive '10214 Tan Cheese Service Pack'? default_laugh2.gif

Does anyone else think that the middle is a bit weak? It's only supported by a baseplate on the bottom and two 4-wide bridges on the top. :look:

But other than that, it's a remarkable set! :oh: My favorite bit has to be the cute mini cars, and - not to mention - the huge amounts of tan, especially the cheese! :wub:

Let's hit up Polish Guy for his Modulex :tongue:

Aint nobody takin' my Modulex. :angry:

Anyways, I can't wait for this set. Looks fantastic.

Looks even better now! :wub: It's interesting how a lot of it's built; not how I expected for the most part. I wonder if the bridges are counter balanced and can stop in any place...

Aint nobody takin' my Modulex. :angry:

People should be able to remember that now. :grin:

Has anyone else noticed the extremely high water level in this set? I'm sure the designers chose to cut a few hundred extra pieces from this already piece-rich set, but the support pillars at the bottom of this model are less than a third of the height of the real ones. That's why this set looks funny to me, because I find that part of the awe of the real thing is its height above the water. In fact, those tall supports make the real thing look balanced, while the Lego one looks top-heavy.

If I don't buy the parts to raise those columns, I suppose I could declare this set documentation of a great London flood :wink:

I like the model alot(!)but yeah, I agree...the bottom pillars should be double the height, plus what throws me off a bit on the set is that I don't see any support(vertical suspender cables?...I think that's what they're called)coming down off the blue/white suspension cables. I wonder why they couldn't include that. I think that would finish off the model properly. It just looks incomplete without those vertical cables. But still a fine 'landmark-type' set and EXCELLENT for parts no doubt.

Legomilk and Grogall strike again! Thanks for the great pics. Not really all that interested in tan cheese, but those 1x2 bricks and big boring baseplates are awesome :tongue:

Seriously, tan cheese FTW!

Now do i buy this or not for parts? :devil:

Hey people, why are you all so interested in having a huge quantity of Tan Slope Brick 1 x 1 x 2/3 ?

Hey people, why are you all so interested in having a huge quantity of Tan Slope Brick 1 x 1 x 2/3 ?

Because cheese hasn't been made in tan before and we all love rare coloured parts in large quantities for building MOC's :thumbup:

Tan is great for buildings, sand for beaches and deserts, car models.....the list goes on and on, and as its the only set that tan cheese appears in the price on Bricklink will be quite high too!

I'm loving this set and I have changed my mind once again. This set now appeals to me and the pieces are brilliant.

The cheese slopes will be great for MOCs. I am interested in that shield piece. :classic:

Thanks for the pics :thumbup:

The design of the bridge shows that the assortment of Lego windows needs an addition of 1 x 1 x 2 and 1 x 1 x 3 ones. On Legomilk's 5th picture we can see that using the panels 1 x 2 x 2 and 1 x 2 x 3 disturbs the appearance of the model.

Im no MOCer but I know a good parts set when I see one and this looks incredible!

If the price is reasonable (which is doubtful) this set may get me into mocing.

I cant wait to see what you experts have planned for all those tan cheese slopes! :sweet:

Edited by Roncanator

A really fantastic set without a doubt.

I don't have a problem with the bottom pillars but I really have a problem

with the missing towers to the left and right of the London Tower Bridge.

To me this landmark set is incomplete.

I do like it more now I see it but I'm still disapointed y the scale of it, had you been able to drive a normal City scale car or truck under the bridge I'd have been much more impressed and more likely to buy it. At the moment I don't think it'll be going on my Must Have list, at least my bank manager will be happy even if I'm not with this set!

It's looking very good, I like the deatils, sure the cab is a bit too big, but thats imo a minor issue. Also the pricing is in a very good range.

Only problem: where should I place this huge set :sceptic:

Why are people exited about the tan cheese bricks? :s

Hmm this was answered just a few posts above.

Some great photos :thumbup: Do you think this will be the biggest 2x model, seeing as the towers are the same/ very similar? I can see it now, just finished building the first tower and then you spot the 2x :laugh:

Rule Brittania! Brittania rules the waves! Britain never, never, never shall, be slaves! Huzzah!

Anyway, Those towers look lovely! You know? They'd work well connected to the Cafe Corner or some modular house!

Some great photos :thumbup: Do you think this will be the biggest 2x model, seeing as the towers are the same/ very similar? I can see it now, just finished building the first tower and then you spot the 2x :laugh:

I was just thinking the same thing -- as beautiful as this model is, I think it would be VERY tedious to actually build those two huge, identical towers.

Legomilk and Grogall strike again! Thanks for the great pics. Not really all that interested in tan cheese, but those 1x2 bricks and big boring baseplates are awesome :tongue:

Seriously, tan cheese FTW!

Now do i buy this or not for parts? :devil:

I agree. This set is really beautiful and it resembles the real thing very well. But the parts. :oh: Tan cheese, so useful for a big tan castle! I probably won't pick it up (as I usually don't buy the largest LEGO sets) but if I would, the set wouldn't stay long together. :tongue:

Lego makes it official, thanks to Lostcarpark for the preis!

10214 – Tower Bridge

Ages 16+. 4,287 pieces.

US. $239.99, UK. £204.99, DE. €219.99, CA. $314.99

Build London's famous Tower Bridge!

Stretching over the River Thames since 1894, the famous Tower Bridge of London, England is one of the most recognizable landmarks

in the world. Now you can add this timeless classic to your LEGO world buildings collection! Designed with advanced building techniques

and rare colors and elements, the Tower Bridge is complete with its iconic paired towers and a drawbridge that really opens. Fun to build

and display, it locks together solidly but can be taken apart in sections for easy transport. Includes 4 miniature vehicles;

a black London taxi, a traditional red double-decker bus, a yellow truck and a green automobile.

Completed model measures 40" (102 cm) long, 17" (45 cm) high and 10" (26 cm) wide.

• Includes 4 miniature vehicles: a black London taxi, a yellow truck, green automobile and even a traditional red double-decker bus!

• Features the iconic paired towers and a drawbridge that really opens and closes!

• Includes unique printed shield!

• Features hundreds of 1x1 slopes in tan!

• Many useful arches, angular bricks in tan!

• Includes 5 blue base plates and over 80 windows!

• Tower Bridge is ideal for building and display - it can be taken apart in sections for easy transport!

• Add this amazing landmark to your LEGO world buildings collection!

• Completed model measures an impressive 40" (102 cm) long, 17" (45 cm) high and 10" (26 cm) wide.

and the rest of the pictures in HR.

all pictures link to +2500 pxl. versions

1-10214_box_front.jpg

2-10214_box_side.jpg

3-10214.jpg

4-10214.jpg

5-10214.jpg

6-10214.jpg

7-10214.jpg

8-10214.jpg

9-10214.jpg

b-10215.jpg