KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

Think about it, your really just paying that high price for the box. If they come disassembled instructions will end up floating g around the internet, and you can build your own.

Plus they don't look good. IMO

FBTB.net has a full report. CubeDudes come disassembled in a box, 416 pieces, with a limited sale of 450 boxes per day.

Shouldn't this be discussed in the 2010 Rumors thread?

Maybe, but I think the 'SDCC special' deserves its own thread as it's not a LEGO release for the whole market, but a real exclusive only for the SDCC convention...

Doesn't seem like it's much of a rumor anymore...

$75 is insane. Wow.

Yup, not a rumor but reality.

Well, if Brickdoctor is right with his piece count of 416, that would mean all 5 cube dudes for $75, which I think for a real exclusive is a pretty good deal (plus the possibility of getting it signed by the set designer Angus Maclane...), but yeah, it's a lot of money for very few parts, and only interesting for those collectors who want it all (like me :grin: - but I'll build them out of spare parts/PaB orders/bricklink, as my wallet isn't fat enough/or my boss not generous enough :laugh: ).

I think they're pretty hot stuff! :thumbup:

That's an amasing JSF! I especially like the R-4 dome- although simple, it's simply awesome!

Thanks so much for the UCS Jedi Starfighter pic whung! I think it looks spectacular (if a tiny bit familiar - props to cavegod). You sir are the #1 spy, Bothan or otherwise! I must add that I am not overly impressed with the Cube Dudes or however u spell it. & has anyone noticed that TLC is using a lot of AFOL's or other Lego fans ideas for new summer releases?

I agree with the other guy, it's just a dude with a weird head! I would only buy those if George Lucas signed my box... or Harrison Ford.

First post updated with SDCC Exclusives and 10215 UCS Obi Wan's JSF.

Thanks for the pics :thumbup:

FBTB.net has a full report. CubeDudes come disassembled in a box, 416 pieces, with a limited sale of 450 boxes per day.

Shouldn't this be discussed in the 2010 Rumors thread?

Indeed.

Now this UCS I really like indeed ! :wub:

But can it seat a minifig or is it too large to be considered minifig scale ?

Great I have to wait 12 months for this to on sale at the next Kmart mid-year toy sale since they get a UCS every year to sell ! :cry_sad:

Do we know what the price is yet ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I love the set but seriously £95!!!!! That is daylight robbery. :cry_sad:

What ? 95 Pounds UK - that means almost two hundred bucks Aussie ! :hmpf_bad:

Well then I only hope it's a Kmart exclusive, because if it doesn't sell well they go out on clearance ! :sweet:

Stand down people :laugh:

Please keep discussion on regional pricing and availability in the "Star Wars Sets Anyone?" topic where such belong.

This topic is intended solely for discussing the sets and rumors without getting overheated by prices and such.

Thanks.

Anyone else get the feeling that they just called that set a UCS to get people excited?

It might as well be a regular set.

Anyone else get the feeling that they just called that set a UCS to get people excited?

It might as well be a regular set.

Not really. It's a larger scale, with more detail and no play functions, so it certainly counts as a UCS. They also gave it a stand, which makes it part of the series.

Not really. It's a larger scale, with more detail and no play functions, so it certainly counts as a UCS. They also gave it a stand, which makes it part of the series.

Except that UCS sets usually have great price/parts ratios, while this does not.

I think the R2 head looks ridiculous.

That JSF looks pretty slick. Nice to see another UCS set for the prequel trilogy. I like this ship and personally think it's overdue for a remake - this UCS set is the perfect way to do so. I'll have to wait to see more pictures before passing final judgement, but it seems like the ship is pretty well designed considering the piece count.

My take on the droid head is that it is one of these but printed.

86500.jpg

I like the look of the cube dudes. I'll wait and see if some instructions pop up at any point and perhaps build my own.

Except that UCS sets usually have great price/parts ratios, while this does not.

Lets not jump the gun too much on prices, it's still a while before the set is released. Also, not wanting to get deep into a price discussion here, but I'd say creator sets have generous price to part ratios, not UCS stuff (Falcon, Dropship and AT-OT, etc etc)

I have little interest in the prequel trilogy and even less interest in buying PT Lego - so the UCS Jedi starfighter is not for me. However, I love those Cubedudes! They've got bags of character and great packaging. I'm hoping we get more characters for a wider release sometime in the future - they'd look sweet displayed on my 'geek shelf'.

R2 head ?

Don't you mean R4 ! :classic:

By the looks of it Lego must now be putting out 2 UCS's or similar per year, an OT and either a PT or CW.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Not that interested in the starfighter.

Did anyone else notice the massive astro-droid head? I was expecting brick built, not one giant piece. :sick:

Looks like a pass to me.

I don't think it is easy to decal a brickbuilt dome of that size, so that's why it's a printed dome piece for R4's head.

Not that interested in the starfighter.

Did anyone else notice the massive astro-droid head? I was expecting brick built, not one giant piece. default_sick.gif

Looks like a pass to me.

It looks like a reguler Astromech dome to me...

It looks like a reguler Astromech dome to me...

Really? I think it's at least 4x4 studs.

I don't think it is easy to decal a brickbuilt dome of that size, so that's why it's a printed dome piece for R4's head.

Oh, is it one of those larger spaceship domes? A printed one of those wouldn't be as bad, I just thought it was one giant, sculpted, megablox-esque piece. Oh well, we'll know tomorrow.