KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

That's why they have the battle packs, you can buy a bunch of each style battle pack and make different series of the same army.

Well, I'd agree the battlepacks should have different minifigures, but on a side note I'm really against the Clnoe Wars style where every single clone is different. They rarely show normal clones anymore!

But, the pilots are not going to be in a battlepack within the next year, so there's no point in discussing it. As for the Kit FIsto thing, again, I guess we've solved our problem, we just need a confirmation picture.

I would not just say the Clone Wars battle packs do that , they all do to some point. How many imp officers are we all going to end up with, talking about 'too many chiefs and not enough indians'.

There is another way of looking at it, Lego may have based to merchandising decision to have the new Hoth packs as an add-on to Echo Base assuming that kids will only buy one of each. Er, no - nobody does, it's very rare that only one of each battle pack is purchased.

Maybe it should be just soliders with weapons in the battlepacks, but a seperate impulse pack just for the officer. It could even be a secondary character from the film/TV series and of course it won't be priced like an impulse pack but it'll be dearer.

Maybe it should be just soliders with weapons in the battlepacks, but a seperate impulse pack just for the officer. It could even be a secondary character from the film/TV series and of course it won't be priced like an impulse pack but it'll be dearer.

Ive wanted Lego to do this for over a year now and have posted it afew times here and else were. :classic:

I don't know why Lego don't seriously think of doing SW impulses, because they would be a major seller!

Anyways im going off-topic.

How come in the first post, it says that Luke's Landspeeder is rumored for a january release? Why haven't we seen box art or crystal clear images?

Do you think that they might make it a August release? Because thats the only set that we haven't seen pics that I described above.

CommanderFox

Ive wanted Lego to do this for over a year now and have posted it afew times here and else were. :classic:

I don't know why Lego don't seriously think of doing SW impulses, because they would be a major seller!

Anyways im going off-topic.

How come in the first post, it says that Luke's Landspeeder is rumored for a january release? Why haven't we seen box art or crystal clear images?

Do you think that they might make it a August release? Because thats the only set that we haven't seen pics that I described above.

CommanderFox

The Landspeeder is probably an exclusive.

What are you, crazy? How are you supposed to make a clone army if the clones are always changing. I think they look fine as they are, although with blue markings would be good!

We had a thread about something like this while ago:http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34057 personally i like having the same type of figure when it comes to buliding armies but i get tired of owning the same of many figures so there i go with diversity. Plus you have to have different minifigs when it comes to armies(like commanders,senators,jedi etc).

Edited by RocketClone

Not another dam TRU exclusive !

Sadly, it is. It wouldn't really bother me but now we have a new equation to look at:

Original Price of Landspeeder+$10 because people will still buy it and Lego can milk it+$10 for being "special edition"=me crying with a 6 inch piece of plastic sitting on top of a very empty wallet.

And not to mention, a 6-inch piece of plastic without any certain Garindans... :tongue:

So yes, I think it's safe, though sad, to assume that it is a special store exclusive. As long as it's not Wal*Mart, I'm fine, because all of those stores near me don't sell anything exclusive to them!

Back on topic: I'll start a new discussion, seeing as there's nothing at this very moment (seeing the last 10 posts) to discuss about sets that are actually coming out so:

What is underneath the TIE pilot and the ATAT pilot's helmets? And, an added bonus: Why are we adding pupiled Indy Jones-esq faces like on the Imp and Bren Derlin to Star Wars? I personally don't mind, but a lot of die hard collectors will probably change the faces so the eyes will match everything else in their collections.

What is underneath the TIE pilot and the ATAT pilot's helmets? And, an added bonus: Why are we adding pupiled Indy Jones-esq faces like on the Imp and Bren Derlin to Star Wars? I personally don't mind, but a lot of die hard collectors will probably change the faces so the eyes will match everything else in their collections.

Well, black is in, so I'd say it's safe to assume that there will be nothing under there but black. About pupiled eyes, it's not the first time. The Imperial Inspection had Imperial Officers with eyebrows and pupiled eyes, so I'm not surprised to see them coming back to generic Rebels. Though I like the smilies for generic troops, they are a bit over-placid, so I can see why LEGO has decided to give even generic Hoth Rebels faces. Since the Endor Bunker had styled, pupiled faces on its generic Rebels, it's no surprise that Hoth Rebels now have the same.

We had a thread about something like this while ago:http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34057 personally i like having the same type of figure when it comes to buliding armies but i get tired of owning the same of many figures so there i go with diversity. Plus you have to have different minifigs when it comes to armies(like commanders,senators,jedi etc).

Let's try to stay on topic people. We don't want KimT having a fit.

Well, black is in, so I'd say it's safe to assume that there will be nothing under there but black. About pupiled eyes, it's not the first time. The Imperial Inspection had Imperial Officers with eyebrows and pupiled eyes, so I'm not surprised to see them coming back to generic Rebels. Though I like the smilies for generic troops, they are a bit over-placid, so I can see why LEGO has decided to give even generic Hoth Rebels faces. Since the Endor Bunker had styled, pupiled faces on its generic Rebels, it's no surprise that Hoth Rebels now have the same.

I remember the ones in the Imp Inspection with pupiled faces, but definitely not on Endor. In fact, while I was reading this I was wondering why they didn't put the endor faces on the new rebels. No faces were dot eyed except the Ewoks, but for humans they could have used that awesome new bearded face or re-reuse Vader's apprentices' face.

I remember the ones in the Imp Inspection with pupiled faces, but definitely not on Endor. In fact, while I was reading this I was wondering why they didn't put the endor faces on the new rebels. No faces were dot eyed except the Ewoks, but for humans they could have used that awesome new bearded face or re-reuse Vader's apprentices' face.

Vader's apprentices' head is used in the Rebel Battle pack. He's the one in th ice cutter. :wink:

8083-sp.jpg

I would like to see different heads, especially that bearded Rebel head. :wub: (It looks like KimT a bit! :tongue:)

Sadly, it is. It wouldn't really bother me but now we have a new equation to look at:

Original Price of Landspeeder+$10 because people will still buy it and Lego can milk it+$10 for being "special edition"=me crying with a 6 inch piece of plastic sitting on top of a very empty wallet.

My main complaint about the Landspeeder is that while every other early lego set has improved so much with later editions (esp the rebel fighters), the new landspeeder is still blocky and ugly as ever. If it wasn't for the peach coloured minifigs, I would have thought it was a set from the 90s. What's even worse is the number of awesome Landspeeder MOCs out there, particularly this one

29qf4o4.jpg VS http://i47.tinypic.com/et6r01.png

Edited by Stash2Sixx
DO NOT POST WATERMARKED PICTURES FROM LEGO

CommanderFox

I think the reason they don't is they know their minifigs draw a premium, and if they can only include this exclusive fig in an $80 set, they are going to do that becasue if they offer a new Jedi for $5, I can almost guarantee you that the sale of the $80 set will go down. Obviously not completely but it will go down, and I don't think that the sale of multiple $5 sets will make up the difference.

Trust me I'm sith you, I'd love them to do this, but I don't think it's a finacially sound decision given their sales history.

My main complaint about the Landspeeder is that while every other early lego set has improved so much with later editions (esp the rebel fighters), the new landspeeder is still blocky and ugly as ever. If it wasn't for the peach coloured minifigs, I would have thought it was a set from the 90s. What's even worse is the number of awesome Landspeeder MOCs out there, particularly this one

VS

I have to agree, it looks extremely similar to the old version, you think they could have added some SNOT action.

Ooh. Lovely. Thanks, Seijitai. :classic:

I'm not going to get it, but I like looking at pics. :grin:

The TIE Pilot especially looks loads better.

PIC

Very nice find Seijitai! I am getting this set after seeing those pictures. The design looks impressive and the imperial pilot helmet is much better than the old one. Cannot wait until this comes out.

Edited by Burman

I think the reason they don't is they know their minifigs draw a premium, and if they can only include this exclusive fig in an $80 set, they are going to do that becasue if they offer a new Jedi for $5, I can almost guarantee you that the sale of the $80 set will go down. Obviously not completely but it will go down, and I don't think that the sale of multiple $5 sets will make up the difference.

Trust me I'm sith you, I'd love them to do this, but I don't think it's a finacially sound decision given their sales history.

Remember other companies like Hasbro can say they are copying their ideas to sell SW figures in single packs with accesories. :wink:

The TIE looks fab! Thanks for the pictures. :thumbup:

The TIE pilot looks pretty good, and even though it will be out of place amoung the older ones I own, I don't care! :devil: The detail on it is great! Look at the mouth print and the new air grill below that!

The AT-AT pilot must look even better. :wub:

Thanks for that link Seijitai :thumbup:

Love the look of the pics! :wub:

The pilot looks fantastic!

Also the Defender doesn't look that bad now. :thumbup:

CommanderFox

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

EDIT:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Thanks for the video clip 'JammieDodger714' , having not played any of the Star Wars games I not so up to speed on this fighter. It looks interesting and it's spinning wheel of death effect is different. Quite like it I do, might get one next year.

On another item of interest, I found this from an english translation of the Rakuten web site posted yesterday.

LEGO / Star Wars Battle Pack Lego Sunotorupa [8084] LEGO (now: 09 will be released in late December) [packaging] _ easy Giff Note the release in Japan, LATE DECEMBER 09

Price in euro

LEGO Star Wars™ - 8083 Rebel Trooper™ Battle Pack €.14,99

LEGO Star Wars™ - 8084 Snowtrooper™ Battle Pack €.14,99

LEGO Star Wars™ - 8085 Freeco Speeder™ €.26,99

LEGO Star Wars™ - 8086 Droid Tri-Fighter™ €.26,99

LEGO Star Wars™ - 8087 TIE Defender™ €.49,99

LEGO Star Wars™ - 8088 ARC-170 Starfighter™ €.69,99

LEGO Star Wars™ - 8092 Luke’s Landspeeder™ €.26,99 = 163 bricks

Price in euro

Thanks for showing the review Jammiedodger714 :thumbup:

Looks Great! :cry_happy:

Those prices look okay legomilk, looks kinda cheap to me. :classic:

CommanderFox

Prices added to the first post.

Thanks legomilk

Price in euro

Looking at those prices, and comparing the current sets in € and £, that makes them about:

8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack £9.99

8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack £9.99

8085 Freeco Speeder £21.49

8086 Droid Tri-Fighter £21.49

8087 TIE Defender £39.15

8088 ARC-170 Starfighter £48.95

8092 Luke's Landspeeder £21.49

Though with a VAT increase at the end of the year (15% back to 17.5%), and Lego's usual skill with pricing, they'll probably be higher than these. Sorry if this counts as spamming, but just trying to save the British a few minutes work.

Edit: Added Luke's Landspeeder. And got angry at the quick edits inability to cope with anything beyond plain text.

Edited by ben506