BrickWild

Peeron.com issues

Hi there! Something interesting has happened on Peeron.com.

A lot of the images on the pages take longer than usaual to load and sometimes, some of them don't appear! :angry:

Anyone having the same issue? :hmpf_bad:

I've usually always had that problem with Peeron. It loads slow and sometimes not at all. To be honest it's not a great AFOL site. What do you use it for? Keep track of collection? Browsing sets and parts? Brickset.com is great for keeping track of your collection and Bricklink.com has a vast inventory and also has sellings selling anything about LEGO.

Best regards,

JCC

I don't agree with JCC :thumbdown: . Peeron, still today, is a important database for inventory, catalogues and instruction guides. Now it has some problem with downloading images, but I think it's momentary.

I don't agree with JCC :thumbdown: . Peeron, still today, is a important database for inventory, catalogues and instruction guides. Now it has some problem with downloading images, but I think it's momentary.

You don't have too. I personally just don't find it to be as good as other sites and it doesn't really have any special features.

Peeron does sometimes run rather slow sometimes, usually after they've updated a bit.

I've also been getting this problem for the last week or two. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Bricklink.com has a vast inventory and also has sellings selling anything about LEGO.

Bricklink has server glitches too, although they're more short-term. The site randomly stops responding for about a minute at a time, often while I am putting together an order.

This has been happening to me for over 2 years now. I just stopped using Peeron.

I haven't had this problem, but since you've raised the Peeron issue I'll voice my views.

I find that Peeron is an excellent site for keeping track of how many of each part I have in each colour, and in which sets they can be found. That said, I haven't been pleased with how whenever I've submitted corrections or inventories in the past 2 years I haven't received any response and my corrections/inventories have never shown up. I'm extremely disappointed with the Peeron administration about that. Same thing happened when I submitted a scan of a catalogue they didn't have (although I also submitted it to Brickfactory and they didn't post it either). I would hate to think that Peeron's incompleteness when it comes to recent sets is due to users not being able to successfully submit their inventories.

What Peeron needs is a makeover, and to be linked up with the database from Bricklink. Completing two separate sets of the same inventories on two different sites seems like a waste of effort, so it would be a good idea to have them copied across from Bricklink if they're missing from Peeron. Also Peeron's appearance is starting to look a bit aged, and could do with some modernising. I suppose this all comes down to who's on the administration team and what they're capable of/can be bothered doing.

But despite these problems I think Peeron is one of the most useful sites for AFOLs.

I haven't had this problem, but since you've raised the Peeron issue I'll voice my views.

I find that Peeron is an excellent site for keeping track of how many of each part I have in each colour, and in which sets they can be found. That said, I haven't been pleased with how whenever I've submitted corrections or inventories in the past 2 years I haven't received any response and my corrections/inventories have never shown up. I'm extremely disappointed with the Peeron administration about that. Same thing happened when I submitted a scan of a catalogue they didn't have (although I also submitted it to Brickfactory and they didn't post it either). I would hate to think that Peeron's incompleteness when it comes to recent sets is due to users not being able to successfully submit their inventories.

What Peeron needs is a makeover, and to be linked up with the database from Bricklink. Completing two separate sets of the same inventories on two different sites seems like a waste of effort, so it would be a good idea to have them copied across from Bricklink if they're missing from Peeron. Also Peeron's appearance is starting to look a bit aged, and could do with some modernising. I suppose this all comes down to who's on the administration team and what they're capable of/can be bothered doing.

But despite these problems I think Peeron is one of the most useful sites for AFOLs.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on all counts. What truly mystifies me is that the site is still upgraded every week with new pictures, inventories and such. Then what happens to the ones I submit? Am I sending them through the wrong channel? If people here have experience successfully sending stuff to Peeron, please let me know how you did it, because the e-mail address they provide seems like a dead end. And it's too bad, because otherwise (and despite the fact that the site is and always has been very slow), it's a wonderful tool and resource.

Edited by Fugazi

I wholeheartedly agree with you on all counts. What truly mystifies me is that the site is still upgraded every week with new pictures, inventories and such. Then what happens to the ones I submit? Am I sending them through the wrong channel? If people here have experience successfully sending stuff to Peeron, please let me know how you did it, because the e-mail address they provide seems like a dead end. And it's too bad, because otherwise (and despite the fact that the site is and always has been very slow), it's a wonderful tool and resource.

Ah excellent, I'm glad I'm not the only person who has been wasting their time completing inventories and then not having them even acknowledged :)

I find Peeron useful for finding "similar items" like slight variations of a piece. I also used it for downloading instructions for sets I've bought from eBay or Bricklink that didn't come with any.

I also find it strange that it has many inventories & instruction scans absent these days. I don't go there much any more. (New sets have an inventory in the back of the instruction booklet, and the instructions are on the Lego website.)

It's about time Peeron should move to an up-to-date webhost since I sometimes get a '500 Internal Server Error'.

Sorry to raise an older thread, but I've just tried to log in to Peeron and nothing comes up. Is the site down? Can anyone test for me?

It does work for me, and it's even unusually fast! :oh::laugh:

Thanks for that :thumbup: It's working for me now too. They must have taken it down for maintenance or something. I thought I'd have to dive into my MTU settings for a moment :sad:

Indeed, it appears faster. :classic: