Sign in to follow this  
marshal_banana

That wasn’t a laser blast. Something hit us.

Wow, that's beautiful. I love the way you achieved the floating look for the asteroids, and the black base adds to it wonderfully. A very unique MOC for the contest! :thumbup:

An amazing entry I must say!

It looks really like in the movie scene, and the details are done quite well :thumbup: .

Impressive, Most Impressive :vader:

Wow, this is incedible. There's certainly some harsh compitition arriving. The SNOT used in this model makes it look truely incredable. All the best in the contest, this model rocks! The falcon is spectacular. Well done!

Hi! I'm happy you like it so much and I thank you for all the compliments, critics and questions. That was fun to read! And yes, there is not a single potato in the scene. :-) I'm sure the creatives at ILM also knew about the similarity of potatoes and meteorites!

I really put hard effort in this scene, I always wanted to build that in Lego and I'm quite happy how it turned out. I tried a mix of different colours for the meteorites, and at the end I used dark brown bricks. On the pictures it is hard to see. But in the original scene they are also all brown. I like the contrast of the SNOT techniques to the studs on the little hunk of junk.

I'm happy that the base fits the competition rules. I'm quite a big fan of rounded corners and asymmetric shapes. It also adds more movement and agility to the scene and that's all about! Fore clearance about sizes I'd like to add this quick picture (Sorry for the bad quality).

4697137831_77f5094795_m.jpg

Edited by marshal_banana

Fantastic job, I love it , I was looking forward to seeing some mini scale Mocs but didn't expect anything as cool as this , awesome work

Not much to say but, wow! *huh*

Super entry - best of luck marshal banana.

Excellent work. Good detailing of the asteroids and nice photoshop skills.

My winner for the medium entry

I too would like to see instructions on the Mini Falcon. I want one to go with the Death Star playset I will be getting soon

It's just beautiful.

I love the Falcon. I'm wondering if the TIE fighter wings couldn't be more hexagonal (although I guess you'd see studs).

I'm also wondering how the Falcon would look with a clear dome cockpit instead of gray... looking on BL it doesn't even look like a clear one exists, though (although the larger 2 brick high one does... but that would just look strange).