Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

I don't wanna wait 6 months though. :laugh:

Bah, you hate anything that's not The Force Unleashed 1. :tongue:

HAHA, except the saber battle makes episode 3 my favourite, I love everything star wars even Jar Jar, but this season is boring, its like what they did with BSG and SGU, too much gas bagging not enough action.

HAHA, except the saber battle makes episode 3 my favourite, I love everything star wars even Jar Jar, but this season is boring, its like what they did with BSG and SGU, too much gas bagging not enough action.

Stargate Universe season 1 was around 10% action, 10% sci fi and 80% drama, most of which was just shouting at each other. <1% comedy. Shoot some evil aliens, dangit. And what was with the other week's episode having triffids?!? edit: would've been better if the episode had focused on that part of the story rather than the dream he had while he was out of it.

Edited by Artanis I

I don't know, I gave up after Rush got back on the ship in season 1.

Back to topic, I just figured it out season 3 (like TFU2) has turned into a Michael plot what is that Bay movie, if you have seen the preview that is all you need to know, the rest is down hill.

Seriously how did they go from the first 2 with 99 which was damn phenomenal (and I am being nice because of the kiddies), so so emotional and such a good story, and action, to nothing but damn back stabbing politics and boring Mandolorian stuff.

Mesa thinks mesa watching any moresa episodes of thisin heresin politics mesa going go go mesa stupidas. (insert lacking smiley of a smiley smacking head against brick wall here).

I used to think Speilberg had gone insane doing 2 movies with god damn Bay, but now I see Lucas has flipped too.

Edited by DarthSion

I don't know, I gave up after Rush got back on the ship in season 1.

Back to topic, I just figured it out season 3 (like TFU2) has turned into a Michael plot what is that Bay movie, if you have seen the preview that is all you need to know, the rest is down hill.

Seriously how did they go from the first 2 with 99 which was damn phenomenal (and I am being nice because of the kiddies), so so emotional and such a good story, and action, to nothing but damn back stabbing politics and boring Mandolorian stuff.

Mesa thinks mesa watching any moresa episodes of thisin heresin politics mesa going go go mesa stupidas. (insert lacking smiley of a smiley smacking head against brick wall here).

I used to think Speilberg had gone insane doing 2 movies with god damn Bay, but now I see Lucas has flipped too.

Season 3 has been marketed as "The Clone Wars - Secrets Revealed" so get ready to go stupidas.

I think I see what JB is getting at here, because it's one of my concerns too: When will we get back to Republic vs. Separatists, as opposed to the Jedi c vs. Bounty Hunters? Variety may be the spice of life, but too much Paprika and you've ruined a perfectly nice salad, and after all it's Star Wars: The Clone Wars!

Yeah, but they'll have to go back to Seps eventually. At least by the time we get to the Savage/Nightsisters episodes which feature Dooku and Ventress prominently. :wink:

Season 3 has been marketed as "The Clone Wars - Secrets Revealed" so get ready to go stupidas.

Yeah, exactly what secrets have been revealed, other than the animation nerds like giving female robots boobs.

Secrets Revealed? So that's what they're calling all those prequels.

What "Secrets Revealed" Really means is they give you secrets on the episode guide after each episode and the episodes also help you to understand stuff better with secrets being revealed like The Hutt Council hired Bane to break Ziro out.

EDIT: Here's an example taken from Evil Plans episode guide.

Secrets Revealed

The loudmouth jogan fruit vendor that swindles Threepio is named Droogan. According to the script, he is a Khramboan. Production notes for this episode name the green shopkeeper droid GL-916, and the speeder used by HELIOS-3E and Todo 360 as a RGC-16 landspeeder.

This episode takes place some time after "Holocron Heist," which saw the destruction of Todo 360. Todo was rebuilt off-screen by Anakin Skywalker after the episode "Children of the Force," in an attempt by the Jedi to learn more about Bane and his whereabouts. The plan goes wrong and Todo escapes. The episode immediately after this one is "Hostage Crisis."

The pink droid spa attendant is SN-D1. The purple one is named BO-N1.

Edited by commanderneyo

What "Secrets Revealed" Really means is they give you secrets on the episode guide after each episode and the episodes also help you to understand stuff better with secrets being revealed like The Hutt Council hired Bane to break Ziro out.

EDIT: Here's an example taken from Evil Plans episode guide.

Secrets Revealed

The loudmouth jogan fruit vendor that swindles Threepio is named Droogan. According to the script, he is a Khramboan. Production notes for this episode name the green shopkeeper droid GL-916, and the speeder used by HELIOS-3E and Todo 360 as a RGC-16 landspeeder.

This episode takes place some time after "Holocron Heist," which saw the destruction of Todo 360. Todo was rebuilt off-screen by Anakin Skywalker after the episode "Children of the Force," in an attempt by the Jedi to learn more about Bane and his whereabouts. The plan goes wrong and Todo escapes. The episode immediately after this one is "Hostage Crisis."

The pink droid spa attendant is SN-D1. The purple one is named BO-N1.

No, the episode guide's always done that- I don't think that's what it means.

No, the episode guide's always done that- I don't think that's what it means.

It is because the episode guide didn't say on the episode guide that these were secrets revealed until season 3 started hence why season 3 is marketed "Secrets Revealed"

Is there a chronologically ordered list of episodes somewhere? When this is all over that's the order I'm going to be rewatching the series in...

Someone mentioned the Hutts using the words "Solo" & "Chewbacca"... wouldn't be the first time the Huttese spoken doesn't line up with context or subtitles.

Yes, on Wookipedia, the episode page tells when it took place (in relation to other CW episodes). See here, for example.

Well, unless they intened to go 50+ years into the future, Aurra gonna be staying alive default_laugh_new.gif

Apparently there is some EU material that I'm not familiar with. default_blink.gif

Well, this episode was a prequel to Hostage Crisis, and didn't he say in that episode that he was on a "meditative retreat" in order to spend time with Padme? :wink:

Oh, guess I missed that, thanks.

Of course they'll return! Why wouldn't they? After all, they're the most important people in their faction aside from Sidious.

Well because like Flitwick said, we haven't seen much of them since Season 1.

I think I see what JB is getting at here, because it's one of my concerns too: When will we get back to Republic vs. Separatists, as opposed to the Jedi c vs. Bounty Hunters? Variety may be the spice of life, but too much Paprika and you've ruined a perfectly nice salad, and after all it's Star Wars: The Clone Wars!

Yeah, more Seppy-Republic action. I do like the variety of episodes, though, it's just that I would rather see some of the S1 formula episodes than some of the more boring ones we're getting now, like this latest one.

Yes, on Wookipedia, the episode page tells when it took place (in relation to other CW episodes). See here, for example.

Thanks mate, not quite what I'm after though... as I'd still have to go through each episode and make the list myself!

By the way, I don't think the episode guide is the "Secrets Revealed" ... season 3 is marketed as "Secrets Revealed" just like season 2 was marketed as "Rise Of The Bounty Hunters" - tell me what THAT has to do with the episode guide. Check wookieepedia if you don't agree.

Brief thing about Savage Opress on Star Wars.com. It seems like they will try explains more about Maul and what Sith training is really like. :sceptic:

Link

A new trailer about Opress!!

WOW.

NOW it looks epic.

Anyone else think we're about to see the end of King Katuunko? *oh2*

WOW.

NOW it looks epic.

Anyone else think we're about to see the end of King Katuunko? *oh2*

I would say so as Dooku hated the fact that Kaatunko joined The Republic!!

Notice the Roonan Jedi (Same species as Senator Aang) is Defeated by Opress but it looks like Opress uses his Axe to kill the Jedi and not his Lightsaber.

Can I just say I knew that the commandos were going to be in this trilogy! It's only a cameo but still! :grin:

Yeah, more Seppy-Republic action. I do like the variety of episodes, though, it's just that I would rather see some of the S1 formula episodes than some of the more boring ones we're getting now, like this latest one.

I agree, more direct action. Season 2's side stories were interesting at provided some cool stuff, but if you take out the Clone Wars completely, then there's no point. Personally, that's one of the many things that degrades SGU.

A new trailer about Opress!!

Now we're getting somewhere. Here's hoping that this is going to be a trilogy, if not more. In fact, I wouldn't mind if the rest of the season focused on this- actually get around to the character development in a bad guy. :wub:

One of Dooku's lines seems like it was spliced. It goes "You must connect with your hatred," except that the "hatred" part is in Opress's voice. :wacko:

That looks mad, hopefully will make up for how crappy the season has been.

Edited by DarthSion

Just remembered to say this..

Savage Opress will appear in a trilogy (3 episodes) later in season 3 and the first of the 3 episodes will air January 7th.

Just remembered to say this..

Savage Opress will appear in a trilogy (3 episodes) later in season 3 and the first of the 3 episodes will air January 7th.

thats quite along time but this trilogy looks great. Remember good things come to people who wait :grin: