I've been working on the bucket of the 8063 trailer.

0033.jpg_thumb.jpg

Check my brickshelf for the complete buildingsteps. Available in PDF and LDF!

Edited by Dragonator
Changed to thumbnails

I've been working on the bucket of the 8063 trailer.

*Image Removed*

Check my brickshelf for the complete buildingsteps. Available in PDF and LDF!

That was pretty good actually... Ive been trying to build something like that before but gave up...he he

Great work !

Now is there a large Truck for that trailer ??? Or are you working on the Truck ???

Edited by Dragonator
Image Removed

Here is a mech I designed. The background is a NASA image from the Mars Lander.

The image is enhanced to make bricks more visible and in other pictures I've done it can really make the chrome pieces pop.

Hi Randal

Welcome to the LDD talk here at Eurobricks :classic:

That Mecha looks downright awesome. What technique did you use to get it to look like that? Can you show some before-and-after pics?

Hi Randal

Welcome to the LDD talk here at Eurobricks :classic:

That Mecha looks downright awesome. What technique did you use to get it to look like that? Can you show some before-and-after pics?

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. I made this image because my comic strip is too limited in format to show this mech properly. I used it in two comics and was disappointed how it looked both times due to the format limits.

As for your question, part of it comes from being a traditional artist who also loves Lego, so I have an eye for how to block a shot, make a lifelike pose, etc...

The editor I use is GIMP (not the greatest, but it's free) and the effect I used is an artistic filter called cartoon. I used another filter too, an edge filter, but i forget which one.) The model is on my laptop that is currently FUBAR. I need to get a vista boot disk to get back inside it. =(

Edited by Randal

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. I made this image because my comic strip is too limited in format to show this mech properly. I used it in two comics and was disappointed how it looked both times due to the format limits.

As for your question, part of it comes from being a traditional artist who also loves Lego, so I have an eye for how to block a shot, make a lifelike pose, etc...

The editor I use is GIMP (not the greatest, but it's free) and the effect I used is an artistic filter called cartoon. I used another filter too, an edge filter, but i forget which one.) The model is on my laptop that is currently FUBAR. I need to get a vista boot disk to get back inside it. =(

Oman cool Mech... :)...

I use GIMP for my map building, textures and other stuff, so its a good program...

@legoman777

Cool car :)... Nice build because there is some detail in there...

Im jealous of everyone because it looks great !.. I always build like around 10 to 80% then start building something new...ha ha...

This was a project i worked long and hard on! Sorry for the large pics

lddscreenshot9.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot22.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot23.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot10.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot24.png_thumb.jpg

Its all fully articulated and there's a pilot inside

This is my unfinished and unnamed Carrier fighter that im still working on. Im waiting for the rail pieces to be fixed to finish the gun on top.

lddscreenshot20.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot28.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot29.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot27.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot21.png_thumb.jpg

And finally the capital ship turret unpainted. The base is unfinished as it will rotate and also lower into the hull of the ship (Capital ship parts to follow later)

lddscreenshot43.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot44.png_thumb.jpg

The minifig on the side of the turret will give you an idea of scale :classic:

Edited by Dragonator
Changed to thumbnails

That stuff is awesome, Shroud. Your bot blows my humanoid mech out of the water. Also, do you mind If I use this ship of yours in a comic some time?

Here it is, by the way...

Plasma_Samurai_by_randalcalrissian.png

Edited by Randal

Hmmm that's a good ask :) That LXF is something Ive kept close for a long time but i don't mind sending some renders! :thumbup:

That mech is awesome :classic:

So it's like that, is it? XD

I'll try to reverse engineer it, as I never know what angle I need. >_>

(I'd totally give you full credit though. I'm not like THAT. I always mention when models are not mine.)

btw, that ship looks like a bat diving with it's wings tucked close. I think that's what I like most about it.

I can see what you mean, it still needs a name too. I was thinking of a name from a prehistoric bird or something, if anyone has a good name id like to hear it :classic:

greensaucerthreequartersidebyside.png

This was incredibly fun to make. These saucer pieces came out after I'd stopped actively collecting Lego sets. I love this green, though I want to recolor the aliens so that they stand out more from the ship. The size of the dome compared to the saucer reminds me of the space ships used in the Simpsons, though the aliens in the show take up more room on the ship.

I had initially put some stuff underneath, but since I wasn't able to get it to circle the whole underside (yet) I took it off. If I can find a way to get it all around the ship, I'll put it back on, because it would look cool as perimeter greeble.

That saucer looks cool

Here`s some more screens of the mocs Ive been making for my capital ship (Image intensive). They are all in progress at the moment and some use the road plates made transparent in LU mode. The elevator and transfer system function properly as well :sweet:

Bridge Upper Level

lddscreenshot67.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot68.png_thumb.jpg

Fighter transfer system (Takes landed fighters from deck to repair bay and launch docks)

lddscreenshot72.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot73.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot74.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot75.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot76.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot56.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot59.png_thumb.jpg

Elevator System (Takes crew to multiple parts of the ship)

lddscreenshot69.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot70.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot71.png_thumb.jpg

Mess Hall (Seats 400 people and has a clear floor with an aquarium underneath)

lddscreenshot77.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot78.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot79.png_thumb.jpg

Bridge viewing window (Just started and will house 2 levels of bridge)

lddscreenshot84.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot85.png_thumb.jpg

lddscreenshot86.png_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dragonator
Changed to thumbnails

@ Shroud

Dewang !!! :laugh:

That is uber large... It reminds me of the Alien films... Awesome stuff...

You got a dining area, when I looked at is fast is looked like a Infirmary... he he...

Heh the infermary will follow later working on the bridge at the moment. What i would love is if LDD could export the models into Universe when its starts so i could have a real carrier in space....would rock.

Hi Shroud,

Excellent work with your LDD creations, they look very good and I can tell you have put a lot of effort into them. The site policy on images is that they should be no more than 800x600 pixels, so I have changed your images to thumbnails for the moment. Please resize your images, and then you can repost them. Thanks, and keep up the great work. :classic:

Several others in this thread could also take note of the site policy on image sizes. For more information, please see the site guidelines.

Thats cool i will. :thumbup:

After looking at them again Ive realized that its not just a matter of resizing as the proportions makes it difficult. Instead we can keep the other images as thumbnails and Ill make sure that any future pics are the correct size. This way the re-sized pics can still be viewed by clicking on them.