Superkalle

Get access to all the hidden bricks in LDD

I accessed LU mode a couple of months ago and I still don't have the start up models. can anyone help?

Me neither. I don't think there are start up models in LU mode

How do you get it for windows vista?I cant find anything. :hmpf_bad::angry::cry_sad:

Three emoticons? Relax Doctor :wink:

Try using the Windows7 instructions and it should work.

And I have now added Vista as an option too to the first post. Thanks for pointing that out.

Just wondering if someone with Universe mode on LDD could tell me whether you can get a 32 x 32 blue baseplate and the tan island baseplate from loot island (see here)

Just wondering if someone with Universe mode on LDD could tell me whether you can get a 32 x 32 blue baseplate and the tan island baseplate from loot island (see here)

You can get the 32x32 baseplate in any color, but the island baseplate from loot island is not available, regrettably.

You can get the 32x32 baseplate in any color, but the island baseplate from loot island is not available, regrettably.

Thanks for your help! It's annoying that the island isn't available, as you can't really recreate it using any other bricks, so I can't create a mock-up :(

I can't seem to find the part which connects the palm tree to the leaves (the one with seperate trunk bricks and leaves).

Thanks for your help! It's annoying that the island isn't available, as you can't really recreate it using any other bricks, so I can't create a mock-up :(

I can't seem to find the part which connects the palm tree to the leaves (the one with seperate trunk bricks and leaves).

It's in the section with standard Technic elements (bushings, pins, axles, etc). Superkalle's LDD Manager can be a helpful tool for finding bricks that don't appear where you expect them.

It's in the section with standard Technic elements (bushings, pins, axles, etc). Superkalle's LDD Manager can be a helpful tool for finding bricks that don't appear where you expect them.

Thanks for being super helpful! :)

Can someone please give me a link to the activation instructions on the Lego website.Thanks. :classic:

You mean for LU mode? That's not available from LEGO's website, only from this topic.

For download instructions for LDD in general, all you need to do is go here, select your operating system, and click "Download". The file you download will walk you through the setup process, as is the case with most software.

Hope this helps. I wasn't exactly sure what you meant.

You mean for LU mode? That's not available from LEGO's website, only from this topic.

For download instructions for LDD in general, all you need to do is go here, select your operating system, and click "Download". The file you download will walk you through the setup process, as is the case with most software.

Hope this helps. I wasn't exactly sure what you meant.

Thanks Aanchir.To clarify,I was looking for comfirmation from the Lego website that Universe Mode is legitimate.

Thanks Aanchir.To clarify,I was looking for comfirmation from the Lego website that Universe Mode is legitimate.

Sulfurix, please read carefully the activation information in the first post of this topic. It will tell you clearly that LEGO does not officially support LU Mode.

Thanks for letting us know how to access all parts were hidden.

PS: It's a shame more pieces are not as Bionicle.

Edited by Brickthing
Translated

On Mac OS the instructions don't always work like that. You can right click the application bundle (in my case in /Applications/) and then select "Show Package Content", then go to Contents/Resources/Assets/ and open that preferences.ini in the text editor (make sure you save it as plain text, that is why I used Smultron as texteditor). Add that line (file was empty before) and save the file.

Restart LDD and Voilà

The OP should be updated to reflect this. The path for my preferences.ini file was:

/Applications/LEGO\ Digital\ Designer.app/Contents/Resources/Assets/preferences.ini

Also, that file doesn't have write permissions by default. You have to use chmod on the command line or some text editor apps will let you use the admin password to write it to disk.

Edited by Zeya

Hey,

I've been playing around with LDD. I'm working with version 4 and I use the universe mode. But is it normal that I cannot make Groups or Templates? I have tried in Design By Me also, but I cannot add Groups and templates.

Does anybody have an idea if this is because of Universe?

Thanks

Hey,

I've been playing around with LDD. I'm working with version 4 and I use the universe mode. But is it normal that I cannot make Groups or Templates? I have tried in Design By Me also, but I cannot add Groups and templates.

Does anybody have an idea if this is because of Universe?

Thanks

Templates work fine for me...

Templates work fine for me...

Ok, thanks. Then there may be some other installation error. I will reinstall the standard 4 version. Test. And if grouping and templates do work, then I will make universe again. Thanks again for checking! :thumbup:

I'm in need of help... Everytime I add it to the preferences, it won't let me save the file properly. Any help on that?

I'm in need of help... Everytime I add it to the preferences, it won't let me save the file properly. Any help on that?

What OS are you using?

That's strange... Have you tried changing the administrator settings maybe?

If that doesn't work, maybe reinstall LDD again and try again. :classic: