Hi LDD users.

LDD Manager allows you to analyze and manage your LDD files, and to upload Wanted List to BrickLink. There’s also a bunch of other features, like a possibility to search and find all the bricks in LDD Extended Mode, and generate custom Brick Palettes.

UPDATE December 2013: The latest version is now 1.25 with support for LDD 4.3.8. If you have a previous version, you should download the new version. NOTE, installing a new version will remove your previously imported LDD-files, but hopefully it's not too much work to import them again.

UPDATE 2017: LDD Manager is no longer available for download. Due to time reasons, I couldn't maintain it anymore.

StartFormSmall.jpg

Note that this software requires MS Access 2003 or higher. If you don’t have it installed on your PC, you need to download and install the free Access 2003 or 2010 runtime first.

Download LDD Manager and help file here.

Download free Access 2010 runtime here if you don't have Access allready installed

Looking forward to your comments.

That would be fantastic. Trying to find particular bricks in Universe is as tedious as looking stuff up on Lego's Pick-a-Brick. That said, I'm curious why Lego's website didn't set up pab to work like the brick toolbar in LDD. NOPE. Everything is listed in alphabetical order.... so you have to know a part by name. (which I'm too lazy to look up. I'm an artist, not an engineer. Engineers like that stuff. I don't.) =B

Hi,

great stuff!

I would like to suggest you an additional functionality:

Since you are able to convert Lego Part ID to BrickLink part ID, then it would be great if you can save LDD model in .ldr file format that is compatible either with MLCad software or SR 3D Builder application.

LDD has the option to export the model in .ldr format, but there are too missed parts and holes to be able to load the model in MLCad.

Do you think it is possible?

byes

Sergio

LDD has the option to export the model in .ldr format, but there are too missed parts and holes to be able to load the model in MLCad.

Do you think it is possible?

Well, the problem is that the conversion between LDD and LDR requires not only the mapping between ID's, but also geometry mapping, since brick orientation is not always defined the same way. It's a lot of work to do this. Secondly, the conversion feature between LDD and Ldraw has not been updated for many years in LDD, so even with the updated ldraw.xml-file provided by Mike Gallahger, there is still a lot of conversion errors.

That's an awesome prog! An the ability to find out what the Ldd part number is for the specific bricks is great. That will make editing the XML file way easier for ldraw conversions

Thanks for the nice comments.

And I hope you guys have noticed that:

1) you can click on the [+] sign to expand sub-lists

2) You can sort and filter columns by right clicking in the fields/headers

3) You can double click any underlined text.

i downloaded it and it looks very useful but when i try to import a document it says Error 3073-Operation must use an updateable query then it comes back and says Operation Completed but nothing happens.

??? Could you help with this.

i downloaded it and it looks very useful but when i try to import a document it says Error 3073-Operation must use an updateable query then it comes back and says Operation Completed but nothing happens.

??? Could you help with this.

I'll certainly try. However, can you first provide me with some more info:

1) Operating system and language

2) Version of access, or if you downloaded the 2003 Runtime

Then I'd like you to check so the MDB-file is not read-only, or placed in a directory that you don't have rights to modify files.

Haven´t tryed it myself, but got a short demonstration of it by its founder this weekend.

Really a nice program you created Kalle! Thanks for the help with my bike, and for the BBQ and the beers :wink:

Thanks for the help with my bike, and for the BBQ and the beers :wink:

No prob - always great to have you over for lego-talk and some cold ones.

OH MY GOD!!!! This is fantastic! You do not know how much I love this right now. I'm flipping a brick here!

This is a much needed program for the project I'm working on. Now if only there was a way to get a realistic price estimate based on lowest price with shipping.

So the first thing I did was test this out on my large model and...25561 parts, 84 kilos or 185 pounds, 373 unique parts! and 1169 separate assemblies. Most used piece: dark bluish gray brick 1x16: 2416 of them

But unfortunately it would not upload to a wanted list on bricklink. I got a message that said...overload. lol

Still incredibly impressive. And its amazing that it all loaded in less than a minute (much faster than LDD, which takes almost 10).

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that this is decently smaller than what it was at its largest point. I've been shrinking this monster ever since I've been doing price estimates (which kills me every time)

Once again, thank you!

Btw, do you think that it would be possible for someone to get this working real time while building the model someday? Probably a crazy thought, but just dreaming about the future :tongue:

Edit: Looks like at its largest, the project had 51,202 pieces and weighed 136 kilos. only 252 unique pieces though. I did have 18,895 1x2x5 bricks

Edited by alienwar9

Btw, do you think that it would be possible for someone to get this working real time while building the model someday? Probably a crazy thought, but just dreaming about the future :tongue:

Funny you should mention this. I have been thinking of a real-time file monitoring feature, so that when you click the save-button in LDD, LDDManager will automatically re-import the file and give you the possbility to quickly see for example if a brick exists in that color.

Thank you so much for this program, Superkalle! :sweet: It will be so much easier to find bricks in Universe mode now!

-Toa Of Justice

Hey Superkalle

thanks a lot for the outstanding software. :thumbup:

One thing you should change: the helpfile online ends on ".pdf_". At least on my system it is show as a broken file. I mean, it's a easy change, erasing the "_" at the end of the file name, something everyone could do, but to avoid trouble...

thx again

Robert

Hey Superkalle

thanks a lot for the outstanding software. :thumbup:

One thing you should change: the helpfile online ends on ".pdf_". At least on my system it is show as a broken file. I mean, it's a easy change, erasing the "_" at the end of the file name, something everyone could do, but to avoid trouble...

thx again

Robert

Hi,

Hm, I can't seem to find that error. When I look at the file name it ends with ".pdf" with no underscore and when I click it on my computer it will open with Adobe Reader. And just to clarify, it is this file we're talking about, right? http://cid-21190d9a82a0354a.skydrive.live....0Help%20PDF.pdf

Hey Superkalle

And just to clarify, it is this file we're talking about, right? http://cid-21190d9a82a0354a.skydrive.live....0Help%20PDF.pdf

Yes it is.

To proof what i'm talking about a screenshoot while downloading it (took it after your post):

ldd_manager.jpg

It remain's like shown above on my harddrive (with underscore) and i have to edit the name by hand to get it work.

hope that helps

Robert

Hi LDD users!

i don't know if this program can help me, i'm searching for this features from long time:

there's a way to have in ldd the ldraw parts?

otherwise there's a way to have in ldd more lego techinc parts? (in my opinion at the momente there are no sufficent parts to build a grat technic veichle)

Thank you for answers

Marco

Edited by ksajural

As mentioned allready, this works like a charm and is a great addon to ldd.

thanks alot.

only addition I can think of is adding pictures to the parts like peeron does.

jan

Edited by Jan

@Superkalle

Just a question which I think is best in place in this topic.

With the help of your tool it's possible to get an inventory of the used parts in a ldd model,

When I would make a complete inventory of all owned lego sets at Peeron (via brickset?) I would have a list of all parts owned.

Would it be possible to compare the two lists so I would be able to see which parts used in the LDD model are , or better, are not part of my collection yet?

Hope you understand.

Jan

Hi Jan

Yes, I understand perfectly. It is something I've thinking about too. But the question is how do you get a list of parts from the sets you have? And it has to be BrickLink, because part ID's may be a bit different from Peeron and BrickLink.

Naturally it's easy to implement a function to manually add and keep track of all your parts in LDD Manager, but wouldn't be very much work to add them and keep the list updated?